Bob De Quatre

Dress my Exo Suit Mini-challenge - Entry thread

14796973148_798c1227ce_c.jpg

Post you entries in this thread.

Remember that entries are to consist of no more than 2 posted pictures of 800x600 pixels or smaller resolution but may also include a link to a folder of additional images of any size.

Here's my entry, the Ice Planet Exo-Suit.

14823317109_8b959776ed_c.jpg

14823317909_275a6821e3.jpg

There are more views of this and its military offshoot, including desktop-size images, multiple views, and a cutaway showing the Exo-Suit set's frame inside the mech in this Flickr album.

UUUuummmm not sure but

Entries must consist of only an Exo Suit.

But i love it and your work in general...

Where does one go to find the rules of the entries? I don't really see any. I have a suit that I am modifying but it is much bigger than the original suit. Can I still post it here? The frame is pretty much the same, but is very much larger.

UUUuummmm not sure but

Entries must consist of only an Exo Suit.

But i love it and your work in general...

Ditto on HJM makes amazing things. Extra love on account of picking Ice Planet. The boulders are just decoration and could be taken out and the little bots are detachable modules of the suit. The real issues with entering this are the physically available part colors and official figure pilot rules. But gaaaah it's so good...

Here's my entry, the Ice Planet Exo-Suit.

There are more views of this and its military offshoot, including desktop-size images, multiple views, and a cutaway showing the Exo-Suit set's frame inside the mech in this Flickr album.

That is one sweet mecha!

The rendering is awesome-especially the Minifig leg articulation-what programs did you use?

Edited by AwesomeBantha

NIce mechs so far, but I have to say I prefer the Ice Planet mech with its Pacific Rim-esq chainsaw!

Now someone has to make an M-tron mech :wub:

This contest is all about dressing up the Exo Suit like a doll. And who is better at dressing up dolls than the Lego Friends!

This is an Exo Suit that Olivia invented to move heavy things around in her workshop and to explore treacherous terrain such as the jungle. After all, she wouldn't want to break a nail! Featuring flower details, rose-red nail polish, and high heals, it can not only perform great physical feats, but also look fabulous while doing it. It even has a rocket with Butterfly wings on its back for some limited flight capability. It's Eco-friendly too, as it runs purely on the power of friendship! :grin_wub: The only thing Olivia is concerned about is that this suit makes her look fat.

15014107309_5d3080d276_c.jpgFriends Exo Suit by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

15014107039_f9e2e05e40_c.jpgFriends Exo Suit back by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

More views in my photostream.

Edited by Bob De Quatre

:laugh_hard: That is too funny! Nice job, Oky!

Thanks! :grin: If that entry wasn't manly enough for you, here's one for the boys: The Bat-Exo-Suit!

Originally, this exo suit was developed by Wayne Technologies for space exploration, but with the help of Lucius Fox, Bruce Wayne turned it into the Bat-Exo-Suit in order to be able to fight larger-than-life villains. It features reinforced armor plating, unbreakable bat-claws, and a winged jetpack.

15042608607_a32a9c13e3_c.jpgBat-Exo-Suit by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

15042607917_043bbd6e0a_c.jpgBat-Exo-Suit Back by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

More views in my photostream.

Edited by Bob De Quatre

Thanks! :grin: If that entry wasn't manly enough for you, here's one for the boys: The Bat-Exo-Suit!

Agh, darn, there goes my Exo-Bat.

Looks nice!

I'm still working on mine, it's really hard to add stuff to the legs..

-Sci

Hi everyone,

Among digital ones, here is my 100% Lego entry for this challenge : the Exo Suit - Castle Edition :classic:

15232122471_06f4457dd3_b.jpg

15234829292_a994ac1faf_z.jpg

You can visit the dedicated Flickr album for back view, and opened cockpit mode or click the images for better resolution.

Had fun building this one and using Castle parts in an unconventional way - and I wanted to give him a lance as in the old good Castle sets :classic:

Hope you'll like it

Hey everyone!

This is probably my only entry, seeing how making these suits is incredibly hard and time consuming. :tongue:

I present to you, the Colossus Voxel!

15075098248_85fc0f4641.jpg15258614641_1347bae8d0.jpg

The yellow screen is meant to be trans-yellow, but it doesn't come in that color. :tongue:

Hope you like! :grin:

-Sci

Edited by CM4Sci

Welcome

Here's my entry : Wolf.

It's real Lego entry based on Legends of Chima - Legend Beast.

eurobricks_wolf_legend_beast_01.jpg

eurobricks_wolf_legend_beast_02.jpg

The rest of the pictures can be seen on Flickr album - photos with minifig and equipment.

I hope you will like.

Edited by kobalt1977

What better way to defend your Architect sets, such as from invaders from Planet Duplo for example, than with your very own Archi-Suit :laugh: . Heavily armed with ink cannons, erasure projectiles, and other drafting implements. However, the Archi-Suit, like a T-Rex, has clasping claws that are somewhat feeble, as architects are really too particular to be out and about grabbing anything larger than a pencil :look:

Aside from the minifig and the exo-suit frame, this LDD model is made entirely with elements included in the various Architecture Theme sets, plus a custom decoration.

For additional images, some showing a minifig in the drivers (draftsman?) seat, go to Bricksafe. LXF file is here

1A%20(1).jpg

3A%20(1).jpg

Edits: improved POV-Ray render, made slight tweaks to model

Edited by JGW3000

Space Police 2 Exo Suit

Built with real Lego...

15079190817_056f6153e1_z.jpg

Those familiar with 1992's Space Police 2 would recall the 2 prominent colours being black & old (non-bluish) grey, with secondary colours red & trans green, and white handheld utensils/weapons. For the modern version, I have instead included both bluish greys and also some shiny grey/silver parts. I think it still fits the recognisable colour scheme aesthetic. The printed logo slope & tile both appear on the suit, the slope is obscured in the photo I included.

Unfortunately I couldn't manage to add a prison cell to the model, it is a bit too big fit on it! I did include 2 white utensils in front of the standing area for the minifig to have on hand if he disembarks when he is on location.

The laser gun arm could possibly have a stun setting I suppose. The arm with hand has a lot of "fingers", and can carry a Blacktron deviant minifig. "Dead or alive, you're coming with me..." Shame that all my BT2 minifigs are packed away out of easy access, I had to use a recent rehash for the photo (in the album, not here) instead.

The cockpit opens out, the windscreen hinges upwards and the other part downwards. The original lower arm connection was used to connect the "metal detector" part for the wings, and the arms instead attached via the T bar that was on the original model but omitted from the compulsory contest frame. The elbows still have normal articulation. The wrist can only rotate on 1 axis. All other articulation is as per the original model.

He stands very stably with the long solid feet, that enable swift movement. It is suited for flat or reasonably navigable terrain, and not so much for rock climbing.

The dishes on the arms are armoured shield emitters. The Kerrigan/Unicron style wings are for... uh, coolness I suppose. :grin:

15262658321_e08cb7f192_z.jpg

Featuring the obligatory "one-arm-is-a-gun", too many flick-fire missiles (6), vertical whip antenna, unusual part usage (8 CMF bases), & "part-no-longer-available" (windscreens, old hoses etc). Don't think there were any illegal connections this time, just many unstable ones. Putting a plate on a pin & axle should probably be illegal if it isn't.

More photos available here! You will probably notice some stuff a bit better from other angles.

Edited by Artanis I

I got around to build my entry finally. But it is still a little work in progress. I wanted to show it, before anyone else comes up with the idea :laugh: This is *drumroll* the "'Lord of the Rings' Balrog class Exo Suit".

Here is the updated version. The suit features a fiery tech blade, a massive shield and cool jetpack.

imag0794.jpg?w=600&h=

The pilor (Aragorn) can now easily mow through the dark armies of Mordor and Isengart.

imag0800.jpg?w=600&h=

Picture quality is a little better this time.

More pictures and details are available here: Click

Edited by Balrog

My Hobbit themed entry

15096752940_34b89a6b9c_c.jpg

15096894217_42e2c39e3f_z.jpg

Further pictures are in my flickr stream Some of them are better poses than this second shot, but I wanted to make sure you all could see Bilbo's cockpit when it is open!

This is the first time I have built in this style of CCBS/Technic/System and I have to say, it was really fun. It's real bricks, of course. Thanks Bob for hosting the contest!

My entry, from the Hydronauts subtheme of the Aquazone theme.

15102398338_a089f8e3d5_z.jpgEntry for Eurobricks dress my exo-suit contest. Hydronaut subtheme of the Aquazone theme. by aminster85, on Flickr

15288981595_709be65ba2_z.jpgEntry for Eurobricks dress my exo-suit contest. Hydronaut subtheme of the Aquazone theme. by aminster85, on Flickr

I hope everyone enjoys this, I know I had fun building!

Edited by aminster85

My entry for this contest, I bring you the Exo-Suit of Brick Daddy from the Space Police III theme.

Not to be outdone by the Space Police and their pesky Classic Space friends, Brick Daddy has commissioned the finest Exo-Suit that money can buy! Sparing no expense, this deadly piece of machinery features wrist-mounted blasters, jump-jets for extra mobility, and a custom, shoulder-mounted cannon designed by Brick Daddy himself! The Plasma-Injected Multi-Phasic Cannon (or P.I.M.P. Cannon for short) can take down even the toughest Space Police exo-suits, robots, and cruisers.

Because he feels it's important that everyone knows just who the richest crime lord is, Brick Daddy's suit is covered in gold, silver, and precious gems. He commissioned the galaxy's finest sculptors to create a control stick in the shape of a fish (you won't be frying up this fish stick!), and model of his own head (both in solid gold, of course). Why choose between form and function when you can have both?

15287716601_5548129374_c.jpg

Brick Daddy's Exo-Suit by The Gray Fox, on Flickr

15104308257_3f6ecb74a8_c.jpg

Brick Daddy's Exo-Suit by The Gray Fox, on Flickr

More photos available here: https://www.flickr.c...57647379276947/