Bob De Quatre

Dress my Exo Suit Mini-challenge - Discussion thread

Sorry if this has already been asked, but can we build it in the style of a particular minifigure from a certain theme? Like based off one of the collectable minifigures from the line (with the same name)?

Don't really know what you have in mind, but a build based on a CMF minifig is OK.

And sorry for the late reply :blush:

I posted my entrey, let me know if there is anything wrong with it.

Edited by sweetsha

Oh man this is so hard when you have something specific in mind and not enough time to really concentrate on it. Hopefully I can enter before the deadline. The digital model comes along nicely. Brick-built version will be started soon :classic:

I was told by someone that we're required to use parts in their existing colors..? Do I need to go back and change that on mine?

-Sci

I was told by someone that we're required to use parts in their existing colors..? Do I need to go back and change that on mine?

-Sci

Yes parts of the frame need to be of the same color.

You built a LDD entry, it should be easy to swap colors :wink:

Yes parts of the frame need to be of the same color.

You built a LDD entry, it should be easy to swap colors :wink:

I think he wasn't talking about the frame, but that he may only use parts in colors in LDD which are available for real as well.

I think he wasn't talking about the frame, but that he may only use parts in colors in LDD which are available for real as well.

Oh you're right. And as said, you can only use existing part/color combinations.

And as said, you can only use existing part/color combinations.

I guess you should send a reminder to 1st LDD entry's creator so he can correct his post as I see some non-existant part/color combo :wink:

Anyway, a really fun challenge, I'll post a 2nd entry in a few minutes ^^

I guess you should send a reminder to 1st LDD entry's creator so he can correct his post as I see some non-existant part/color combo :wink:

I believe the second entry is also using some non-existing parts/color combos.

Alright, updated my entry and made it look like Classic Space! Sorry for all of the confusion.

Does the original Exo Suit count as Classic Space? :wacko:

-Sci

I finally got a chance on the weekend to get something happening, and finished it last night. Don't think I'll have enough time to build another before the deadline, but might try anyway.

For those interested and want to nitpick or whatever: Space Police 2 Exo Suit

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=99249entry2005567

Can I say, that this was really fun. After all the hoo-ha of my Exo Suit sets taking 4 weeks to arrive, and not having any free time for ages...

I posted my work in progress entry in the entry thread last night. Now, I was just reading the rules again, realizing that it says, that custom decals are allowed. I guess original set decals are allowed as well, because I used some stickered parts. Is this correct?

Question to the participants who brick-built their entry:

Is it just me or are those balljoints in the legs rather weak once you have some weight in the upper structure? I am currently struggling to get some "agressive" poses right, which didn't seem a problem with the more lightweight original Exo Suit.

Is it just me or are those balljoints in the legs rather weak once you have some weight in the upper structure?

Yes, definitely. I'm glad I gave Smaug a sturdy tail to help him stand!

I built mine, I had a little trouble with the ball joints in the ankle area, bbut all the other ones had good clutch. It is only noticeable when its standing with a narrow stance.

Edited by aminster85

Whoop,

just in time to post my entry :laugh: .

Looks like I wasn't the only one who had an underwater theme in mind.

Finally. Invested some time and made some adjustments to my entry. Also made some new pictures. I am not happy with the quality of the pictures, but 1. photographing something black is hard and 2. I still need to find a proper lighting solution. Oh well, I hope you like it. The other entries are really fantastic.