Wedge09

Eddy the Farmer's Barn

Here we are with another MOC: Eddy the farmer's barn. You will remember Eddy the farmer from my previous MOC Eddy the farmer's field; I builded this MOC as a "commission" for a friend here on Eurobricks: he needed a barn for a project and asked for help, I replied and I builded this for him, he was quite happy about the result. The structure remained the same but all the minifig changes.

It depicts the action going on in a typical day of work in one of the farm of Eddy: we can see people cleaning the barn and taking care of the horses, a boy feeding the poultry, Adam back from grazing the cows and Eddie wandering as usual through his possessions.

This is a part of Task 4 - Historican Settlements in the category Agricolture - Livestock: Farm.

I'd like to claim 1 credit for Agricolture and Zoology: raising livestock in the The University of Petraea's Doctorate of Historica Program.

C&C are always welcome and I hope you Enjoy it! :classic:

14958919171_4c3bde6d1a_c.jpg

14939058796_516b30eb19_c.jpg

14961732202_fcc1c8c9b7_b.jpg

14961657452_af5c43fb37_b.jpg

14958999561_2af8b8a963_b.jpg

I like the mood of it. Seems like a desolate place. Those brick-built roosters/hens are boss.

Nice work, the barn looks pretty good and I like the inclusion of all the small details! +1 UP credit!

I love the little hen house you have! I may have to borrow that idea.

Very nice barn! I like the woodwork you did!

Only remark I have is that the ground could have been more varied (maybe some hight differences) :)

Edited by Maxim I

Nice barn, Wedge. I think it would look a little better if the section underneath the roof was filled in rather being open. You did a very good job packing in lots of farm details :thumbup:

The big pile of hay looks great too :classic:

Indeed, but there's also alot of other things going on that makes this build very interesting.

Very nice build Wedge! Good to see that we are getting more of a look at Eddy's farm. :classic: Lots to like here - the barn construction with the sliding doors is cool, and the wall and tree behind it makes for an attractive backdrop. All the life on the farm is very engaging too, and the landscaping, while sparse, does help to flesh out the scene. :thumbup:

I have to agree with SK though that the end of the barn under the roof looks a bit unfinished left open like that. Some handles on the sliding door seem missing as well. I also wonder if the footprint of the whole moc isn't a little on the big side - you probably could have got away with using less space, and compressing the action would have made the foreground look less empty.

Great to see the MMV chickens again btw - i always liked that design!

UoP +1 for Ag and Zoo - Raising Livestock.

Nice build, lots of cool little details here! I'll give the final +1 for UoP!

Nice work, I like the brick--built animals and the barn itself :thumbup:

Great build. Love the chickens :sweet:

The barn looks pretty cool. :thumbup:

I like the mood of it. Seems like a desolate place. Those brick-built roosters/hens are boss.

Thanks Scaevola, grum64, Behemoth, mccoyed, I'm hapy you lke it! :classic:

UoP DoH +1

Thanks gedren_y for the credit! :classic:

Loos cool, I like the sliding doors!

Nice work, the barn looks pretty good and I like the inclusion of all the small details! +1 UP credit!

I love the little hen house you have! I may have to borrow that idea.

Thanks Carson Haupt, Kai NRG, MKJoshA, glad you all like it! :classic:

Very nice barn! I like the woodwork you did!

Only remark I have is that the ground could have been more varied (maybe some hight differences) :)

Thanks for the suggestion, I should have thought! :grin: Anyway, I'm glad you like it! :classic:

Nice barn, Wedge. I think it would look a little better if the section underneath the roof was filled in rather being open. You did a very good job packing in lots of farm details :thumbup:

The big pile of hay looks great too :classic:

Thanks soccerkid6, I'm very happy you like it! About filling the secton underneath the roof, I had some problems about the other end on the back, so I decided to make the front part open; anyway, I will think about your suggestion! :classic:

I like the water drops at landscaping here wedge :) Nice one!

Nice barn!

Indeed, but there's also alot of other things going on that makes this build very interesting.

great work here Wedge! The layout is fantastic!

Thanks Gunman, Lord Vladivus, Jorinth, Mike S,

Very nice build Wedge! Good to see that we are getting more of a look at Eddy's farm. :classic: Lots to like here - the barn construction with the sliding doors is cool, and the wall and tree behind it makes for an attractive backdrop. All the life on the farm is very engaging too, and the landscaping, while sparse, does help to flesh out the scene. :thumbup:

I have to agree with SK though that the end of the barn under the roof looks a bit unfinished left open like that. Some handles on the sliding door seem missing as well. I also wonder if the footprint of the whole moc isn't a little on the big side - you probably could have got away with using less space, and compressing the action would have made the foreground look less empty.

Great to see the MMV chickens again btw - i always liked that design!

UoP +1 for Ag and Zoo - Raising Livestock.

Thanks a lot Gabe, always interesting your comments! :classic: The handles! that's a thing I forgot when I planned this build! :grin: About the big size, I planned it for a bigger thing but in the end I make it all smaller, but I don't want to reduce the basement size, anyway I agree with you about this. :classic: About the end of the barn, the same as I said to SK, I had some problems about the other end on the back, so I decided to make the front part open to make things easier :sweet: anyway, it's a thing to remember for the future! :wink:

Nice build, lots of cool little details here! I'll give the final +1 for UoP!

Nice barn, I really like the door and the hay.

Thanks mephistopheles and Kyane, for the final votes needed too, glad you all two like it! :classic:

Nice work Wedge!

Great work on the barn.

Thanks Simon and the lego dwarf! :classic:

UoP +1 :classic:

Thanks Gideon! :classic: