Sign in to follow this  
mapimi

MOC French countryside train station (work in progress)

Hello to all

First I apologise if this is in the wrong thread, but I figured a train station was a town building and belonged more in the town thread than the train one.

I'd like to introduce you all to my train station! When the Horizon Express was first announced, being French, I could not miss the opportunity to purchase the lego version of one of our country's icons. With 2 HEs, I decided to build a French scene. This was helped by the release by TLG of the Parisian Restaurant a year later. However a train and a restaurant wasn't enough, I therefore decided to build a train station.

As I lacked the resources to build a large train station which can be found in major cities across the country, I decided to build a traditional station which can be found in the french countryside. My inspiration was the JOUEF HO train station my grandfather has on his model train layout. As this is a work in progress, not everything is finished, but for now the station features: 3 SNOT doors (2 in the front, one giving onto the platform), a movable clock, an entrance to an underground passage way to link different platforms, ramps to access the platform from the street level, and a modular like design to easily get access to the interior (which is unfinished at the moment). The platform can also be extended using brick connectors to give it more length. As I wait for an upcoming PaB order to arrive, this is the current status of the train station, I hope you enjoy!

more pictures at: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=546672

dsc03174.jpg

dsc03180.jpg

MOCpages link if brickshelf isn't working: http://mocpages.com/moc.php/394207

Edited by mapimi

Nice! The brick built doors are my favourite feature.

I agree on the brick built doors being very nice. The wheel chair ramps is also a great feature often forgotten in our builds.

Nice Work!

Am I the only one not seeing anything?

The link does not work either :look:

Am I the only one not seeing anything?

The link does not work either :look:

The pictures are hosted by Brickshelf, which seems to be down at the moment (nothing new there). Until it's back up, the pictures won't be visible.

Thanks for the link, mapimi.

Very nice station; I love the atmosphere of it. Village-y, and truely "old school" Lego.

Easy to adapt by changing a few basic colours, too.

I love it!

14074211461_SPLASH.jpg

from mapimi's MOC pages

Nice little MOC you've got there. The colors are great.

I would change the black awning to tile or a curved slope brick.

Nice little MOC you've got there. The colors are great.

I would change the black awning to tile or a curved slope brick.

Thanks for posting the picture and for the advice, sadly I don't have enough tiles at the moment but I'll keep that in mind if I find tiles at some point in the future :)

Thanks for the link, mapimi.

Very nice station; I love the atmosphere of it. Village-y, and truely "old school" Lego.

Easy to adapt by changing a few basic colours, too.

I love it!

Thank you for your kind words, glad you like it :)