Sign in to follow this  
Ltfalcon

The Pirate Galleon "Vengeance"

pirates-indexed.gif 166A

Vengeance II Updated 5/31/15 "page 2"

The Pirate Galleon "Vengeance". She's evolved over 6 months from my original MOC four cannon brig to a true galleon, with three decks, three masts, the forward and main masts are square-rigged and the after mast lanteen-rigged, the spirit mast is square-rigged as well. She's longer, taller, and planked on all decks.

A937E726-F8A8-4D68-8CC5-C48B7DF42692.jpg

0BF79CD9-5A09-4B8E-8982-BFADED5DBA7A.jpg

12C4FB3D-D781-4058-A096-D37358FA2D83.jpg

90726519-B470-40FC-B9D6-96A399C33D7F.jpg

B13030F8-4CFA-4704-8D50-7DB84F8B32FF.jpg

A1CBE978-2791-48FF-8EF4-5CA4C9A80522.jpg

6F753C51-0FF0-4CD6-9B4B-2FFABA4EC4D3.jpg

140AC554-7985-42E8-9243-F8EE9F92DB04.jpg

30295C2A-4BD3-4F87-832A-941115CA0572.jpg

Thanks for looking, and this is a fun hobby that I share with sons.

UPDATED 5/31/15 (Page 2)

"VENGEANCE II"

Edited by Ltfalcon
INDEXED

Good looking! You may try some color to interrupt the whole brown surfaces. Inside there are lots of features and details, really like it!

This is really the best pirate ship I have seen here in a while. What makes the charm of this boat is its authenticity; I personally like the approach you have taken where you stick with brown and black.

Should I make a boat one day, it would be really inspired by yours.

Very nice - it's got all the classic pirate look, but at the same time many additions and improvements of the TLC versions.

A great galleon!

Excellent sails!

How did you emulate the "water"?

Good looking! You may try some color to interrupt the whole brown surfaces. Inside there are lots of features and details, really like it!

Thank you, on this one sticking with the brown and black.

Jake and I like this very much :thumbup:

Jake and grum64,

Thanks I appreciate it!

This is really the best pirate ship I have seen here in a while. What makes the charm of this boat is its authenticity; I personally like the approach you have taken where you stick with brown and black.

Should I make a boat one day, it would be really inspired by yours.

Kinggregus, Thank you for the great compliment, it's appreciated.

Very nice - it's got all the classic pirate look, but at the same time many additions and improvements of the TLC versions.

A great galleon!

Excellent sails!

How did you emulate the "water"?

Captain Braunsfeld, Thank you too for your compliment.

The water is solid blue wrapping paper with transparent blue wrapping wrinkled to give the effect of waves. The clear blue is also very glossy which gives a good water type reflection. The clear blue wrap is used at Easter to wrap Easter baskets.

Thank again everyone,

David

Edited by Ltfalcon

Couldn't resist putting the new Mega Blocks Assassins Creed Black Flag pirate minifigures on my MOC Galleon Vengeance to see how they looked.

Edward has commandeered this 10 cannon galleon and raised the black flag. They have just attacked a Britsh Sloop of War and are preparing to board. What will happen next?

ADFE2AB6-D6B9-440A-8BAE-DBADEFE7FB09.jpg

687CB6DE-69EE-475A-9524-E5BF38B1DEF7.jpg

9DEB231D-1A00-480C-B434-46C00D4261FF.jpg

D3724A51-5A31-4C8A-B413-FB9D8C53E327.jpg

F0134414-BA5A-41B0-A39B-580049FB19DA.jpg

05998E2B-CFC6-43BD-BF75-523B40B5D641.jpg

CEA93715-18E7-4DCB-84D1-C265569340F3.jpg

F1DA7765-D9AF-4CDE-BE90-11F02B746E47.jpg

FE62616C-8055-4520-9DA2-4A4397927D62.jpg

Edited by Ltfalcon

"Burn them, an' send their daemon souls back into the keeping of t' Nega-Blocktrix!"

Seriously, though, beautiful job. What did you use to take the shots on top of, for that reflection? The only thing that has that texture that I could think of was possibly a trampoline.

nega200.jpg

Always remember, every cent paid to

a rival brand goes to the continuation of

her evil schemes!

Edited by Lind Whisperer

"Burn them, an' send their daemon souls back into the keeping of t' Nega-Blocktrix!"

Seriously, though, beautiful job. What did you use to take the shots on top of, for that reflection? The only thing that has that texture that I could think of was possibly a trampoline.

nega200.jpg

Always remember, every cent paid to

a rival brand goes to the continuation of

her evil schemes!

Lind Wisperer, Thank you. Yes I sprayed the trampoline with the water hose thinking it would give the black seas look with reflection. Good eye!

I like this one. It's simple, but very well done :-)

I like this one. It's simple, but very well done :-)

Cousarmy, Thank you for the great reply,

Edited by Ltfalcon

Nice job on building this! I must say, though it has nothing to do with the mod, the graphics of the photos with the legominifigures gave me that old nostalgic feeling. Of the old lego age.

Keep going!

-Eddie

Very nice. I like this a lot.

I'm not very good at MOC so I think I'd like to try and copy this for one myself.

Edited by Israel Hands

Nice job on building this! I must say, though it has nothing to do with the mod, the graphics of the photos with the legominifigures gave me that old nostalgic feeling. Of the old lego age.

Keep going!

-Eddie

Eddie, Thanks your compliment is greatly appreciated. Yes I agree the modern figures don't fit the nostalgic style of the MOC galleon, I just wanted to see how these figures would look.

Thanks again,

David

Very nice. I like this a lot.

I'm not very good at MOC so I think I'd like to try and copy this for one myself.

Israel,

Thank you, the greatest compliment is when someone wants to make a copy of a designers work.

Thank you again and good luck with your build.

David

Edited by Ltfalcon

Maybe I've missed something, but what did You use for that beautiful surface?

And of course lovely build, lovely picture, lovely crew. I even realy like Your hand made flag.

This is somewhat a mixture of xvi and xvii century galleons. Was is for purpose? You gave it a large forecastle which was rather uncommon during later times pirate_classic.gif

Maybe I've missed something, but what did You use for that beautiful surface?

And of course lovely build, lovely picture, lovely crew. I even realy like Your hand made flag.

This is somewhat a mixture of xvi and xvii century galleons. Was is for purpose? You gave it a large forecastle which was rather uncommon during later times pirate_classic.gif

Mazin,

Again thank you for your great replies. The surface was our trampoline which was spayed down with water.

Yes the galleon is intended to be a xvi century galleon which has been upgraded and modified over time with the acquisition of booty and trade by it's captain, carpteners, and crew. A constant work in progress.

61DC86D6-0553-460D-985B-B374D2F7D5F0.jpg

4D97F639-22D1-4A7D-904C-4CC89B5ED78B.jpg

1A5126C7-24E5-4192-BB97-20BF21699D07.jpg

A1466700-3BF6-4A95-BEB7-D84F44FE32A1.jpg

Trampoline? pirate_oh.gif Well, it looks very cool :thumbup:

Seems that picture making is like sound recording, one has to use a lot of crazy and unimagible ideas to get the right effect pirate_wink.gif

And a... modyfing and upgrading is one thing, I guess that Your pirates should win themselves a newer and safer ship, because with this oldtimer they'll never now when it'll decide to go down pirate_wink.gif

Well like everyone here i guess pirate_wink.gif can't understand people who aren't pirate_wink.gif

So were You inspired by any particular ship ( real or fictional ) while making Your own?

Any favorites among those used by Holywood? pirate_blush.gif

Polanski's "Neptune", or Harlin's "Morning Star"?

Well like everyone here i guess pirate_wink.gif can't understand people who aren't pirate_wink.gif

So were You inspired by any particular ship ( real or fictional ) while making Your own?

Any favorites among those used by Holywood? pirate_blush.gif

Polanski's "Neptune", or Harlin's "Morning Star"?

Well growing up watching old Captain Blood and Captain Kidd swashbuckler movies on Sunday as a kid and of course with the recent Pirates the Black Pearl always gave the tall galleons the glamorous appeal.

The Golden Hind, Revenge, San Martin, along with the Pearl are favorites. I need to swap out stern windows with ached ones to improve the look of the ship. The Neptune, and Morning Star are beautiful ships as well.

Edited by Ltfalcon

I think the main challenge with galleons is to not make them look too bulky.

In that case, your MOC has been quite successful.

Captain Braunsfeld, Thank you,

I did toy around with the stern cabin windows.

79C813D0-7AF5-475B-9C11-9A61A8CABCDE.jpg

FC8AF01D-A118-4653-B61C-B181081E68B9.jpg

877330E0-A83C-4912-8307-A09C6E5FB38F.jpg

Edited by Ltfalcon