Leif

30 years in the dark ages, never too late for a come back

Dear all,

Finally back in the Lego World. As a 43 year old guy I guess I qualify as an Afol. last time I was into Lego was around when I was 13. Took a break after that..

I am mostly a Technic guy although back in the days I did a whole lot of the 12V Train area as well. Started with "normal" Lego in my younger days and when Technic came I jumped on that 100% from the start, doing the 8860, 852, 855, 8848 and all the other beauties.

My main area is probably cranes, mobile cranes in specific.

Half a year ago I decided to get into Lego again, after have seen the 42009 Mark II crane. and I was sold!

Now I have a nice little collection of flagships and interesting models and try to spend an hour or two almost every day, testing something, or learning something.

I am into both pneumatic and LA and the right tool for the right job is my answer to which one is the best!

I guess I will spend most of my time in the Technic forum but I will browse and lurk the other forums as well!

Proud owner of: 42009, 42030, 2x8043, 8110, 9398, 42006, 42008

In the mail: 8421, 8053

all the best,

//Leif - Gothenburg - Sweden

Welcome to Eurobricks Leif it's great to have you with us.

Sounds to me like you're well and truly (re)hooked. Ain't it a great feelin' :sweet:

Edited by grum64

Hej Leif! Kul med fler svenskar, känner du till Swebrick?

Welcome Leif! Glad you found your way out of the dark ages :)

Thank you for the welcomes!

Yes Eigenbrothel, I look into Swebrick from time to time as well. Good site and forum, no question about it!

Hi Leif and welcome to the Eurobricks community, its always good to meet another Technic fan.

I believe coming out of my dark ages in 2005 was a great time to reintroduce myself to Technic. I'm 41, and last time I was into Lego was when I was 11. I have quite the collection now as Technic was reborn in 2003, have just about every set besides the really small ones. Problem is room constraints, most all sets now are large, especially flagships. I believe my favorites are the 8285, 8258, 8265 and 42009. I enjoy the 42030, just wish there was a switch to turn off the RC function. Believe the 8448 and the 8466 rank up there as well. Hard to tell which I enjoy the best.

I love cranes; there was a tower crane set a few years ago.

It had a counterweight as well? (i think?)

Welcome to Eurobricks!

I had almost 30 years, from my 12th birthday in 1987 to last september I hadn't put a second of thought into Legos.

I think I was just graduating to Technics when I lost interest in Legos. I had a couple sets.

Welcome. I love reading about others who 'took a break' through college, marriage, kids and then like me have found their way tk the promised land.

I just started using technic pieces to build frames of large buildings and then finishing with bricks, just like real houses, it's a fun technique