Bricksonwheels

EMD SD40-2 BNSF Locomotive 1:16

why didn't you put any link to the "highly detailed inside" ?

Amazing train, would also like to see inside, that is a huge train really, this is what TLG needs to start doing IMO...great job and thanks for sharing it with us

Impresive. Most Impresive.

You should fill it with XL motors, put it on tracks and let it run through all Lego City trains at once. Please take a well-lit video at 120FPS or so :tongue:

Wow, quick glance at the front page pic, and it just looks like a slightly extended length, BNCF. Only a more detailed study of the picture shows the awesome size of this beast!

That is pure art!!! I wonder what wheels did you use? Great news about the book, will it contain LEGO scaling in general or only a specific range of LEGOs (Technic I hope)?

Yes it is a really nice train and very impressive with all the details.

Can you tell us, or better still, show us what wheels you used, I am interested to see if they are real train type wheels and if so from where?

It will be really nice to see it mounted on some track and I am with those who would love to see it running, but I can also appreciate that you want it as a display and I look forwards to seeing more pictures in the near future.

I think it was mentioned somewhere that the wheels were custom made on a CNC machine.

Amazing and impressive are most frequent comments so far, and who am I not to agree, as this beauty is realy amazing and...

Standing ovations!

For the size, detail, functions.

It is even better than the real one, because it still fits on the table :wink: .

Standing ovations!

For the size, detail, functions.

It is even better than the real one, because it still fits on the table :wink: .

Depending on the size of the table you have :)

Thnx for all the comments, I am happy you all like it. To answer some questions:

- The wheels: The are indeed manufactured CNC from POM-C plastic. The weight is around 20 kg's and I needed something that could handle the weight. As there are no real Lego train wheels, or anything close that looks good enough, I decided to make them as real as possible from a plastic that has Lego look and feel. Besides that I didn't really worry about the effects in the end, as you can hardly see the wheels due to the low bogies.

- The book will be mostly on larger scale vehicles, but not only. Detail pictures of the train, including engine, cabin, electronic department, etc, will be in it, together with many exclusive pictures of other models.

When I see MOCs like this, I start laughing and shake my head. (I hope you get this is a positive reaction!)