Sign in to follow this  
markus1984

Steampunk AT-AT

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hey guys,

This is my entry for round3 on the MOC MADNESS Contests on FBTB.

The time was to short to build it better and sorry for the bad photos - but the time was running up!

14937083895_4811f880c0_c.jpg

14937081415_8ca398e74c.jpg14933989651_51966487ab.jpg

14750408729_d5c55273d3.jpg

Watch all Detail photos on flickr.

Thumps up for round3!

Thanks!

markus

Wow markus, this is just pure awesome! I love the minifigs, the "cockpit", the little gunner on the side, and especially the smokestacks that run on the coal there, that is a really good addition! :thumbup:

Wow. *huh*

No wonder you haven't done much SoNE in the last week or so. This is definitely a valid excuse. :oh:

Look at the size of that thing! :laugh:

Yes, the legs could have maybe used a little more attention if you had the time, but this is great! I especially like the cockpit with the dual gatling guns, and the furnace at the back with the guy shoveling in coal is fantastic. I also really like the open superstructure with the netting, etc.- I really prefer that kind of creativity & re-imagining to just the stock model with the surfaces covered in steampunkish bits. :classic:

Have to agree on how great the furnace looks. This is looking like one of the greatest steam punks I have seen. Would like to see maybe a smoking leather style chair for the commander and a bit if area for him to relax in this behemoth of a tank.

Great stuff, good luck,

Oh, wow. This is simply... stunning! The inspired use of the Rock Raiders canopy, the black nets, the little walkway on the neck... so many little details to marvel at! Great work. This sure makes the competition a lot more interesting!

And thanks again to this great feebdack!!

Only some hours to the decision :wacko: .

cya

markus

Is it just me or does the FBTB website doesn't work at the moment?

I have this problems with FBTB the last weeks!

Sometimes it works and then no chance to log in on the side!

Dont know where the problem is.

markus

Thanks!

This round goes to me - yes :classic: .

Now i must build against legopard in the semifinals!

Here i can only say - good luck to us :laugh: .

markus

Really, markus, there is simply no MOC of yours that isn't amazing! This is not an exception. The sheer UCS size and details are amazing, and I appreciate how you gave a new interpretation to the source material, as your last two entries were beautiful, but a bit unoriginal. But this one would be your best Steampunk MOC yet!

I'm also very fond of the textures. The use of the palissade bricks is very interesting. and the nets really add to the feeling of an 18th century pirate/war ship (a ship of the sea, not of space, that is). Other texture elements like the grill tiles and the chains are also amazing. Another great thing about this MOC is how decorative and shaping elements flow into one. Those guns in the head are both nice details as an element in making the shape of the head. Same goes for the tires in the smokestacks or those whips. The interior is also incredible, with the nice chains and the storing place for the coal. It is really nice to have such a 'realistic' feature included. So this is truly one of your masterpieces, with nice ideas, nice textures and especially details on each an every spot. What a dedication to put details in areas that are barely visible, like on the bottom, especially considering the tight time frame.

I have really but a few remarks. All of the realistic details are amazing, like the walkway to the head, the store for the coals etc... You even made the connection from the furnace to the legs, so this really looks like a working machine. The only thing is that I would like to see more of these incredible elements! One thing you can always ask yourself is how people access the vehicle. You have no ladder (or mini-helicopter if you want to be a bit more original) and no hatchway, so I guess they have to jump. And what if the vessel is attacked from the back? There is no defense there, and the vehicle isn't very agile, so that really is a weak spot. Considering the important equipment you have there, there should be some protection. But as I said, those are just things to add alongside all of the amazing elements you already have. Same goes for the originality. I pointed the resemblance with a war ship out, so there could be more of this. A mast for example, where someone could spot enemy steamspeeders. Or some fins at the back that could bear a resemblance to the steering rudders, or even better an entire captain's hut in the back! That's asking for much in a single week, but now you see that there are a lot of opportunities to take your creativity with the source material a step further to make your MOC even more unique.

I said there is none of your MOCs that isn't amazing. That also means that it's hard not to blog them. So here you go:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thanks very much!!!!!!

@beaver

At first thanks for blooging my AT-AT!

Second i can only say MANY THANKS for your stunning feeback with praise and suggestions for improvement!

This is really awesome that you take so much time to write the posts in this quality!

Alone for reading and translating this posts i need so many time how i build on my MOC`s :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:.

Thanks!!!

markus