ZCerberus

Fort Brighton Complete

Everyone has some odd desire to attack me right now... *sniffle* *sniffle* *tear* :'-(

We better find ourselves some evil pirates to fight with.

Agreed! La Tortuga Oscura lurks out there somewhere...

This discussion made me think of something...

I noticed that most of these big ships MOCS are Imperial-ish, which is more historically accurate than having large Pirate ships... but Lego, of course, always made the Imperial ships much smaller. Maybe it was because the Imperials also had large fortresses (at higher price points) while the pirates only had hide-aways, but even so, I think TLG should have considered making one round with a small Imperial outpost and a large Imperial ship... that surely would have spiced things up and given them opportunity to continue the line!

Edited by ZCerberus

Everyone has some odd desire to attack me right now... *sniffle* *sniffle* *tear* :'-(

Agreed! La Tortuga Oscura lurks out there somewhere...

This discussion made me think of something...

I noticed that most of these big ships MOCS are Imperial-ish, which is more historically accurate than having large Pirate ships... but Lego, of course, always made the Imperial ships much smaller. Maybe it was because the Imperials also had large fortresses (at higher price points) while the pirates only had hide-aways, but even so, I think TLG should have considered making one round with a small Imperial outpost and a large Imperial ship... that surely would have spiced things up and given them opportunity to continue the line!

Yes Please. i buy them if they made a imperial 2 decker :-D im going home on my holiday now. if weather goes bad ill build on my lego , and perhaps do something like you done with your Fort Brighton.

btw. why named it Fort B when its a port more than just a fort? is there a big reason for that?

Have a nice summer everyone. God sommer. Hilsen fra NordNorge Bj

Edited by phred

Great ships Bonaparte. I made the monitor and merrimac once. They were 10 piece mocs that could float.

I sailed on a nearby lake. The pieces now have a tinted yellow color. :-|

This is beautiful *wub*

I can not even begin to describe it 8-o

Its Like a work of art,a master piece

One of the best MOC's I have ever seen

Well done Indeed *sweet*

Lets see,I think I'll need 4 Man-O-Wars to take out this thing

Not to mention 20 or so sloops to raid it

And 2 or 3 Ship of the lines to carry out all the treasure

I'd better start building X-D

The BSB and SES combined are no match for this fort

Piranha

This is beautiful *wub*

I can not even begin to describe it 8-o

Its Like a work of art,a master piece

One of the best MOC's I have ever seen

Well done Indeed *sweet*

Lets see,I think I'll need 4 Man-O-Wars to take out this thing

Not to mention 20 or so sloops to raid it

And 2 or 3 Ship of the lines to carry out all the treasure

I'd better start building X-D

The BSB and SES combined are no match for this fort

Piranha

I would recommend a couple of bomb vessels... but remember, you'll have to get through these as well...

afortune.jpg

aadventure.jpg

aasienna1.jpg

aacovenant1.jpg

aarbiterii1.jpg

and when it is done...

aaphantom2.jpg

If works out the EB fleet could attack this. >8-) Maybe. 8-| Probably not. :'-(

8-o AMAZING! Simply amazing! If only I had that many (coordinated) bricks to build with, I'd build something that large too... But it'd probably be the "free-port" of Tortuga. More pirates that way (more rum therefore). I have very few Imperial (insert faction here) mini-figs... But honestly, Nice work! *y*

But is that ALL you've got? I'd just have a couple guys swim over and dissable their rudders. And maybe shoot a couple rounds of hot-shot at them while their still trying to get in position. Maybe even stinkpots.

I would recommend a couple of bomb vessels... but remember, you'll have to get through these as well...

afortune.jpg

aadventure.jpg

aasienna1.jpg

aacovenant1.jpg

aarbiterii1.jpg

and when it is done...

aaphantom2.jpg

Edited by Edward_Lowe

well, I wouldn't consider to even appear threatening (or cough in a threatening manner) in Z's waters X-D

I have only the one ship, and she'd be blasted to matchwood before anyone managed to say as much as "wow"

uh- sorry to bump this older post but..

1) I had a PM about it as a "find" so I thought I would make it easier to locate.

2) I also redesigned the guard towers a while ago. I thought I had snapped a picture or two, but I can't find them, so I might need to snap new ones when I see her this weekend.

as far other news, I finally have a "real" job so hopefully I can get back to MOCing soon. I have been working on some non-pirate, castle-y stuff, so check out the history/ adventure thread soon for a little gate house I designed!

WHOA :pir-oh: :pir-oh: !!! :thumbup: ! Nice ships! I absolutely the Arbiter II! Fort Brighton is just awesome. Pure, definitive, LEGO art. Genius :thumbup: , simply genius :thumbup: . These are awesome MOCs. Keep it up. :thumbup:

Me thinks alot of new members will have not yet seen this! and such a shame... (the link in the index does not link to this discussion...)

Maybe Classic-Pirates could do a feature on ZCerberus for its (the forts) one year anniversary... :pir-wink: ,

with his fleet/armada(s) and fort/port/cove castle!

they are some of the greatest MOC's i have ever seen, i feel privileged to be able to even know the creator though a forum...

The newsletter could do this creation some justice, my mere praising of it, fails in comparison to work and effort that must have gone into this, looking at the other related threads... maybe we could do an interview..?

A photo of all his boats in port, would be, well dreams materializing before my eyes!

just how many boats do you have Z?

EDIT: realized i should specify some thing ;-)

Edited by Cpt. Pegleg Blockbeard

Me thinks alot of new members will have not yet seen this! and such a shame... (the link in the index does not link to this discussion...)

This is partially my fault as I have not been posting as regularly as I used to. Many new members have also added some awesome creations that deserve discussion, and as a result, older creations sometime sink into the deep recesses of the forum. But we always have new members who can find old creations and revitalize discussion!!

Maybe Classic-Pirates could do a feature on ZCerberus for its one year anniversary... :pir-wink: ,

This is a good idea (I admittedly may have suggest Mr. Pegleg ask something like this :pir-wink: but the idea to do a feature is all his). I think the Classic-pirate people have been waiting for me to either 1) finish "the Phantom" or 2) work on a web page of my own. Unfortunately, neither has come to pass, so maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to just put up an older classic like this.

just how many boats do you have Z?

As far as Imperial Guard ships, they are all shown in this post.

The Fortune, the Adventure, the New Covenant, the Sienna, the Arbiter II, and the Phantom. I started a ship of the line, but it is on permanent hold while I re imagine the design a little. That is 6 ships in one fleet.

I also have a smattering of little Spanish ships and a few of the Lego® designed pirate boats to challenge my fleet. Honestly though, I might want to consider making some more... ah... pirate-y pirate ships as well.

Phfft. This is child's play. I especially hate those rooves. RED?! Why not a better and more noticable colour, or rather a roof made of something other than bricks, like those cardboard ones they used to have in Harry Potter? After all, the Imperial Guard sets all have either rainbow or golden rooves. Speaking of wrong colours, normal people don't have yellow skin. It should be flesh tone, like in Harry Potter! And the lack of bley makes me barf. Perhaps the most ridiculous part of this MOC is the use of knights. One's standing next to a balcony, the others are somehow pinned to the walls. What are they, going to jump off? And WHERE ARE THE STICKERS?! Jeez! All those terrible printed parts on the flags and everything. I can hardly believe this MOC of yours, the most ridiculous you've made so far.

Just thought I'd cause a traumatic shock. Because this amazing MOC has me in true amazed shock.

Phfft. This is child's play. I especially hate those rooves. RED?! Why not a better and more noticable colour, or rather a roof made of something other than bricks, like those cardboard ones they used to have in Harry Potter? After all, the Imperial Guard sets all have either rainbow or golden rooves. Speaking of wrong colours, normal people don't have yellow skin. It should be flesh tone, like in Harry Potter! And the lack of bley makes me barf. Perhaps the most ridiculous part of this MOC is the use of knights. One's standing next to a balcony, the others are somehow pinned to the walls. What are they, going to jump off? And WHERE ARE THE STICKERS?! Jeez! All those terrible printed parts on the flags and everything. I can hardly believe this MOC of yours, the most ridiculous you've made so far.

Just thought I'd cause a traumatic shock. Because this amazing MOC has me in true amazed shock.

Heh- I like this post- HARRY POTTER ON!!

In a somewhat unrelated message, I actually kind of like stickers because I am not a fan of some printed bricks... when was the last time someone used a an "M tron" red slope?

so numerically total how many ships do you have?

i am interested in knowing what size force you have in the sea, and how many members it would take to match your fleets

Imperials: 6

Spanish: 3

Pirates: 2

Ghost Pirates: 1

Finally shot some pics of the upgraded guard towers... I thought they were the weakest part. Anyways, also tried out some of the "exposed masonry" technique, I like it. First shot is the original tower, than the upgraded ones. It was dark up there, so I didn't bother pressing the bricks together for pictures or straightening out the "bricks" in the brick and mortar sections. Anyhow, either way I think it is an upgrade!

guard_02.jpg

img_2777.jpg

img_2785.jpg

img_2787.jpg

img_2790.jpg

A shot of the whole attic with some ships visiting the fortress

img_2795.jpg

Those towers got a serious upgrade. They look more like the real thing now.

Can anything go open on the towers so we can see the internals?

Through the windows I can see part of a ladder.

I'll think twice before attacking you now....

*Goes off to make plan B* :pir-grin:

Now what are gonna do?!?

I'm gonna have to finish my Constitution ASAP to make plan A work! :pir-tongue:

First Cap'n Greenie is gonna have to tell what plan A is first though. :pir-look:

Great improvement Z! :thumbup:

Is the entire fort going to receive a similar face lift?

So I was checking my email and I have about 15 new reviews of Fort Brighton from MOCpages.

I went to the site and it is MOD of the day!

Check it out!

I would like to do some more work on the rocks and what not, but it is not on the top of my list.