Bonaparte

survey Picture versus Video Reviews

Picture vs Video reviews  

284 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer?

• Picture reviews
    • Video reviews
    • No preference

I tried making a working navigation on youtube, and here's a little experiemntal video.

I think the concept could be very usefull for vide reviews so you can just simply skip between pictures without searching and watching whole review.

Doesn't seem to work on my iPad. Tapping that navigation bar at the bottom brings up the video player controls instead.

Edited by dr_spock

I much prefer a picture review, because I can savour the pictures of the set. I don't have to pause or fast forward though the review to get to the part I want, and sometimes the video is poorly done (In the dark, being filmed on a carpet etc). But that's not to say I don't love some of the exceptional video reviews done with impeccable skill, not meaning to name drop, but I regularly and religiously watch just2good's, Jangbricks, and a few others Youtube videos.

Awww, thank you! :purrr:

I used annotations, but I'm not sure if they work on mobiles...?

They don't.

I have to add my belated vote to picture reviews. What brought me to EB were the magnificent picture reviews, after all.

I hardly ever watch video reviews (except for the official designer ones). I would prefer pictures even if the videos were more "professional", since for me its about the properties of the format/medium, not the quality. Of coure, a good video is better than bad pics, but in cases of all other things being equal... I much prefer the ability to skim picture reviews to read the parts important to me (figs, new parts, etc.), and decide which captions to read and re-read at my leisure. With video reviews, the videos will rebuffer whenever i want to skip ahead or re-watch something. Also, sometimes I want to download pics I find interesting, which i can do with a video review.

I do see a advantage and purpose for video review in showing a dynamic action/play feature, like a flick-fire missile or a trap door. But it pretty much ends there.

The video in the original post is nice, but I would still prefer a picture version of the same set. I really have to thank just2good not only for his minireviews as such, but also for including pics with them.

Zblj, thats a nice concept, but I would still have to watch the whole segment. With picture reviews, I can skim over and take in the full review in a few seconds, then go back to the parts I want.

The video in the original post is nice, but I would still prefer a picture version of the same set. I really have to thank just2good not only for his minireviews as such, but also for including pics with them.

Thanks mate. It's my intention to please both crowds. :classic: