Hi,

Time for another update. IRB this time :classic: :

15216747585_4d803f5d6b_c.jpg

And a view of the engine compartment with the four cilinder Lotus 907 engine (including a really nice green drivebelt :grin: ):

15193733376_d14ba18fc3_c.jpg

The model is more solid then I expected, but not as solid as a real TLG model would be. It uses tons of SNOT techniques. To illustrate that point: in the whole model there are only 8 (!) normal bricks and that is including the 4 transparent bricks that are used for the rear windshield.

It features:

Openable doors

Openable hood

Openable rear

Steering

I will apply a few stickers to make the black line continuous and to get an angle at the front bumper

And of course I can now finally start on the last feature: submarine transformation :devil:

Comments are appreciated.

It looks great! Perhapse I don't like the front hood to much, the sides are maybe to much curved - maybe that curved slope near the lights should hevacregular slope... The back is fantastic! Overall: You rock!!!

Terrific job. You've captured the lines brilliantly, it's instantly recognisable.

Very well done :thumbup:

Amazing. It was already nice in LDD, but in real bricks it looks really good!

It is quite likely that you'll be amongst my votes, as in addition of that good result it is a car model that I really like :)

Here is a teaser of the submarine conversion. I'm really pleased how this turned out.

15303921421_2b7e1e52ee_c.jpg

Still waiting for an answer about the cutting of the rigid hoses though. For now I assume it is allowed, so I have cut them exactly to length. Hopefully this will not be disallowed :wacko:

Looks very good! So it can transform from the road car to the submarine? Do the wheels fold in?

Also, is the LXF available? To do a different color scheme?

Thank you

Yes it can transform, but with the poor man's solution: You have to take the wheels off and add the wheelbaycovers. Also the rearsection with the fins, the bars at the windows and various submarine accesoires have to be added manually.

I made an LDD file before building it in real bricks, but half way the building process the file became so finnicky that I stopped updating it, so I only have a half-finished LDD file that has a tendency to become corrupted the moment you add a brick to it.