Hi,

Work in progress for the next competition.

No steering! But it will get another function with the wheels (is the plan).

14915903681_72b89f70db_c.jpg

Add1: Jumper plates are for sissies... :tongue:

Add2: No stickers used... :devil:

Let me guess... the Bond version?!?

Nice choice and looking good so far, only the noose looks a bit too long. Perhaps move the front wheels 1 of 2 studs forwards.

Good luck with the design and build

Very nice build :thumbup:

I agree with barman about the the nose being slightly too long but as you say, it's a work in progress. I'm sure you'll sort it out.

I look forward to seeing the completed model.

Edited by grum64

Let me guess... the Bond version?!?

Nice choice and looking good so far, only the noose looks a bit too long. Perhaps move the front wheels 1 of 2 studs forwards.

Good luck with the design and build

Very nice build :thumbup:

I agree with barman about the the nose being slightly too long but as you say, it's a work in progress. I'm sure you'll sort it out.

I look forward to seeing the completed model.

Thx

Bond is indeed the version I'm aiming for. I'll try to make the submarine version with automatic switching between the two functions, but that'll be a hell of a function to implement, so I might have to settle for the "pull wheels off, put fins on" version (but then I'll want steering...)

I also had my doubts about the nose, so I'll have to redesign that... :sceptic:

A very promising start indeed! Looking forward to the final model, I'm sure she'll be a doozy :classic:

The nose is ok. The whole proportions are great for now.

What you mean with that jumper plates? Iam new to this afol things...

What you mean with that jumper plates? Iam new to this afol things...

Jumper plate is used to build with half stud offset.

2nd day of building.

I have shortened the nose with one stud, which I think is an improvement:

14926068985_a11266ebcc_c.jpg

I have lost the window edge though. I haven't been able to think of a good solution yet.

I am struggling a bit with the air intake below the nose. This is the best I have come up with so far.

14739491717_c79cf01313_c.jpg

The back is also presentable:

14922985801_0e030e86db_c.jpg

Now I just have to make a frame to fit inside :tongue:

This will be one of my favorites on competition. Wil it be white? Front end is very good, last end is just perfect. Great details, great proportions with that amount of bricks. And i cant wait it will be finished in bricks.

But with that kind of WIPs its not even appropriate that i join in :D

Reminds me of the delorean a bit... Try adding steering,

It would ruin the look. Too bad...

Thx

Bond is indeed the version I'm aiming for. I'll try to make the submarine version with automatic switching between the two functions, but that'll be a hell of a function to implement, so I might have to settle for the "pull wheels off, put fins on" version (but then I'll want steering...)

I also had my doubts about the nose, so I'll have to redesign that... :sceptic:

:wink:

Why would steering ruin the look? Just make it so it doesnt cause the wheel arches to get bigger.

Cos the wheels would require more room to steer. That perfect arch around the tire would have to be bigger and longer, and it would ruin the look.

Cos the wheels would require more room to steer. That perfect arch around the tire would have to be bigger and longer, and it would ruin the look.

Yeah I am afraid for that as well. I will try to make a 4-link steering mechanism to get a virtual pivot point in the wheel center, maybe that way I only need a slightly bigger wheelarch...

Edited by Jeroen Ottens

Check out the DeLorean (21103). Ever since I saw the wheels I've wanted to build the Esprit from The Spy Who Loved Me.

Interesting. I've had the idea of a bond style car but it would need to be larger. Sadly I don't have any of the supercar sets.

H :thumbup:

The nose is so much better now.

Leaving out the mechanics is better. Getting all the functions in this small scale is going to be very difficult.

I would stick with the other option, by removing the wheels and replacing them with a panel that covers the wheel wells and has the fins attached. Sticking on the propulsion propellor and periscope.

Using a 4 link steering system would be a good solution, but I do think that the wheel wells should be 1 stud bigger for that. These wheel are very tide in a 6 stud gap. If you would go for the looks, than the steering has to go, but if you want it to be a true Modelteam car, steering should be a function... Choices and compromises are always present when designing and building with Lego :)

Love it. The modification to the nose makes it look so much better :thumbup:

Edited by grum64

Very recognisable classic at a small scale. Love it. The nose is a very tricky area. It's very hard to replicate the sharp creases of the original there. Good luck with the project!