DrJB

Have you bought any of the 2014 Sets?

Who you gonna call?

Bill Murray/Venkman's minifig is fantastic!

Not really a 2014 Technic set, though.

:tongue:

I know it's the technic forum but Keroro posted the same thing. I am technic fan first.... I couldn't resist the Ecto-1 is awesome!!!

Got the 42021 Snowmobile ... it's the only one I could 'justify', given the new parts.

The hotrods folding roof is pretty clever, but that's about it.

I bought 42020, 42021, 42022, 42024, 42025 (unbuilt due to space), and 42030. I will most likely get 42023 / 42028 / 42029 if I see a good deal on them.

Edited by S.I

Hello, from the 2014 Technic-Sets I have only bought the 42025. Eventually I'm going to have to buy the container truck. My son wishes for Christmas the Volvo L350F. But I must wait for a good price.

I just got the Volvo for my birthday, my wife knew I wouldn't buy it and my daughter is asking me every day to build it for her :)

Literally got into Technic only a month ago and already have 42020 42022 42029 and 42030 and have a 8110 on laybuy that i found in a store.

Waiting for a good price on the Volvo as well ... somehow it feels as if this set is a bit overpriced.

Probably because of the selection of PF stuff. It's quite expensive in Norwegian kroner as well.

I'm still not sure if I will get the Volvo, but for a good price, I might.

Probably because of the selection of PF stuff. It's quite expensive in Norwegian kroner as well.

I'm still not sure if I will get the Volvo, but for a good price, I might.

Agreed ... I feel as if TLG is 'sensing' the market to see if AFOL's are willing to pay a premium ... the Crane was already high at $219 ... now at $250, the Wheel Loader is leaning towards ludicrous.

Yeah. Without the PF stuff, of the majority of it, the loader wouldn't be near as expensive.

Nope, haven't got any yet.

Planning in buying 42030 for parts to build the Volvo L250G from M-Longer

I get the Volvo Technic set today. I found it at redused price so it wil be ether an early Christmas or Brithday pressent.

I have alway liked the mototised PF Tehnic sets.

Edited by mrfuture

42009....now looking at the wonderful MOCs. Starting with the extended boom.

Edited by stephpar

In the past month i bought the Volvo (42030), pick up truck (42029), Unimog (8110), bulldozer (42028), Excavator (42006), Mobile Crane MK II (42009) and finally the Grand Prix Racer (42000).

I enjoyed all of them really, but if i went in order it would go something like:

1. Crane

2. Volvo

3. Unimog

4. GP Racer

5. Excavator

6. Bulldozer

7. Pick Up Truck

To be fair i grew up with lego mindstorms so I'm not all that interested in making cars & machinery but i did enjoy these sets i must admit. I much prefer making robotic arms and other projects like that. Which is why i love pneumatics and PF functions :classic:

My wife bought me the Pickup Truck today, and I really loved building it. I haven't built any other really big Technic sets, so this was my first experience with some of these features. I laughed like a child when I built the engine. I can't wait to show the kids tomorrow!

My wife bought me the Pickup Truck today, and I really loved building it. I haven't built any other really big Technic sets, so this was my first experience with some of these features. I laughed like a child when I built the engine. I can't wait to show the kids tomorrow!

Good to hear :)

I didn't find 2014 to be that good of a year myself....

The main thing that i bought from 2014 are the Container Truck, Bulldozer and the Desert Racer. If i have enough funds, i will buy the Volvo too.

PS. Welcome back Paul :thumbup: