Hello everyone :classic:

This is my first MOC shown here:

cimg_6886.jpg

Mobile Crane GROVE GMK 4100B in ~ 1:22 scale. And real crane...

wgmk_4100b.jpg

All functions are motorized. Crane is driven by PF XL for all wheels. Steering by PF M with clutch also for all wheels. 1 and 4 axles have the same turning radius, 2 and 3 axles have the same turnig radius also but it's less then in 1 and 4 axles. Superstructure rotated 360 degrees by 43362c01 motor. Other functions (outriggers, boom liftdet and extended, winch) are motorized by 4x PF M.

I like when MOC have a lot function and looks very good, so I decided to built some details ;)

Photos:

img_6894.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6939.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6935.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6958.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6888.jpg_thumb.jpg

img_6889.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6896.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6898.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6902.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6903.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6906.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6907.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6909.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6912.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6917.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6918.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6921.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6923.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6926.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6930.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6931.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6932.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6934.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6936.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6945.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6951.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6953.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6961.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6963.jpg_thumb.jpg

And a movie showing how it works:

Brickshelf gallery: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=546806

Edited by Bricksley
Inlined movie

WOW, that one looks really amazing! I like its red instead of yellow (most mobile lego cranes are yellow). Your stickers look nice too!

:thumbup:

It's lovely, sure, but I still believe you guys are always making something too similar to the official 42009 crane!

But again, as I said, I really like the design of it and for sure it's very close to the real one! :sweet: :sweet: :sweet:

It's lovely, sure, but I still believe you guys are always making something too similar to the official 42009 crane!

I would say it is the opposite.

This is very fine model, with great technical solutions.

Magnificent model you have here! I think you found a very nice balance between functions and looks, with an emphasis on the latter. I like what you did with the curved panels to create the shape of the boom. I'm surprised a single LA works as good as it does, unfortunately it looks a bit weird with such a small cylinder for such a large boom.

There are a few details I don't like so much though. (but please know the model as a whole is astounding)

1. The tiny outriggers

2. The fact that yo ucan see the PF motors under the cabin when looking from the front

3. The dark gray axles sticking out of the wheels.

By the way, you might want to know there's a model team contest running as we speak, and it has just started, so if you can build something of this quality but with a smaller size and without sacrificing the looks, you might be a very serious contender in that competition :) Check the pinned topics in this board.

I like what you did with the curved panels to create the shape of the boom.

This is M_longer's idea :)

1. The tiny outriggers

I know, but there is a bit too little space to build full extended outriggers.

2. The fact that yo ucan see the PF motors under the cabin when looking from the front

These 2 mediums driven steering and outriggers so I need larger reduction which takes a lot of space in frame.

These two points above, this is what is balance between functions and looks ;)

3. The dark gray axles sticking out of the wheels.

I don't have enough black axles ;) Otherwise LEGO does't produce axle 4.5 with stop (it'll be great).

Thanks for opinions :)

Edited by Bricksley

Fantastically constructed scale model. The looks are so much more accurate with this Model Team type styling than with something like 42009. Well done.

That's a very good looking crane, great job! Makes no sense to compare it to 42009 by the way: this is Model Team, 42009 is pure Technic.

Edited by jantjeuh

That's a very good looking crane, great job! Makes no sense to compare it to 42009 by the way: this is Model Team, 42009 is pure Technic.

Looking wise it's a model team, but you wouldn't have all those functions on a model team! And guys all I wanted to say that even if it's a great model, it's relative to the 42009! the same as all these people working on the 8340 and "selling" it for a "new&different" model.... such a sad story!

But hey, I already said, and I repeat it, that I like very much this model! Very detailed indeed, and the "Model Team" style looks awsome on it!

Now please, try not not missunderstand my words :tongue:

I wonder how different a crane would have to be before you stop comparing it to 42009, heh.

nice mobile crane, i still build my 42009 fully motorized crane.

i hope to know the detail about the power function in this crane.

Wish I had the bricks to build in this model team style. It's very clean. Great crane.

H :thumbup: