Sign in to follow this  
Lord Tyrus

[SoNE ep. VI] The Sweet Smell of Flowers

Lord Tyrus had finally managed to haul his two lazy troopers out of the Avenger's troops' bar and into his standard issue Imperial Survey Corps shuttle to make their way to Felucia. Felucia was beautiful. He'd thought Endor was pretty, but it didn't compare to Felucia's glowing foliage and plants. But he wasn't here to do standard issue Imperial Survey Corps work, he was tasked with delivering a 'thank you' note. From Vader. Apparently the great lord of the Sith still hadn't heard of email, let alone Holo Messaging. But Lord Tyrus didn't dare question his superior. He soon found one of the many paths criss-crossing the planet's surface, dating from the Clone Wars. He'd yet to encounter the many wreckages left from the many battles there and he was glad about it. It was refreshing to be away from fighting for a bit.

14811344608_7859b39a2b_z.jpg

He looked down at the piece of paper in his hand. It read simply: 'Thanks! From Darth.'. How stupid. He was being sent around the galaxy looking for the legendary bounty hunter, Boba Fett, to deliver a tiny scrap of paper with three words on it. He took a deep breath and remembered that he should enjoy this freedom. No orders, no fighting and no pesky Rebels to deal with.

He had no personal issue with the Rebels, but his superiors did, and his superiors were the ones putting the cash into Tyrus' pocket. The much needed cash.

14997938715_18a112ae99_z.jpg

He looked over at his men behind him. They had stopped he walked. He walked back to see them sniffing flowers! He head their conversation:

"Look at this little hydishua potorum, Joe. The north-east side of Felucia is the only place they grow in the whole galaxy, they won't grow anywhere else!"

"Whoa Stan, that's amazing!"

"And that smell, sniff it."

"Lovely! Hang on, if it's so rare, why d'ya pick it?! Isn't it illegal or something?"

"Well the Emperor don't give two dead banthas whether a species goes extinct or not, in fact, he probably encourages it in the case of aliens. He is such a

xenophobe."

"Okay, but let me have one as well, it would look very good frozen in carbonite."

Suddenly both troopers stiffened up, or rather got into a slightly less slouchy slouch; Lord Tyrus had turned round.

"Come on, get moving, we haven't got all day," he said. Both troopers sighed. "And I did hear you. I'll deal with you later."

Both of the troopers started walking again.

14811296740_fb3392363a_z.jpg

The group was only a few hundred metres from the refuelling station where Boba was thought to land to refuel. Lord Tyrus sincerely hoped this was where his mission was to end. Constant fighting was better than putting up with troopers 27491 and 44783...

14811340628_bb8a4ee43d_z.jpg

Old Version:

14908992345_2cec59d1f2_z.jpg

14722338449_5a867c835c_z.jpg

14905910901_7cdddbcc75_z.jpg

14722325319_b4acbeb560_z.jpg

Edited by Lord Tyrus

Beautiful! This is an amazing representation of Felucia in Lego! I like your consistancy in color for the different patches of plants. You have variety without having chaos. Great job, but then we'd expect nothing less from you! :grin:

Nice build, you managed to represent the vegetation of Felucia pretty well with this build.

I really like the use of all these colorful trans parts for alien plants.

Beautiful! This is an amazing representation of Felucia in Lego! I like your consistancy in color for the different patches of plants. You have variety without having chaos. Great job, but then we'd expect nothing less from you! :grin:

Thanks! I sort of wanted a semi - crowded feel, and from the looks of things, it seems I succeeded!

Nice build, you managed to represent the vegetation of Felucia pretty well with this build.

I really like the use of all these colorful trans parts for alien plants.

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback.

Nice presentation of Felucia! I like the color combinations in general, yet I think that there's just a bit too much of lime in the left corner. Two different plants and all the ground in lime ... The curvey blue plant thingy is great and I have a similar prototype in red for my build. I also think that tan would look better as the ground in this build. And why not going the whole 16x16? This way the foliage looks dense enough but 16x16 would allow you to use more of the same plants and make it more realistic.

Edited by MstrOfPppts

Hahah, a trooper who smells on an flower - very funny!

Like the work with this colours - looks really great and authentic!

markus

This is a great Felucia build, but my favorite part is the conversation between the troopers! I always like stories that give an alternative to the "faceless evil stormtrooper," so I'm looking forward to seeing what other 'trouble' these two get into :classic:

Nice presentation of Felucia! I like the color combinations in general, yet I think that there's just a bit too much of lime in the left corner. Two different plants and all the ground in lime ... The curvey blue plant thingy is great and I have a similar prototype in red for my build. I also think that tan would look better as the ground in this build. And why not going the whole 16x16? This way the foliage looks dense enough but 16x16 would allow you to use more of the same plants and make it more realistic.

Thanks for the feedback, and I must say I agree with all of your points. I have just rebuilt my Felucia, in 16x16, with a dark tan floor and with more of the same plants. I should be able to post it in the next day or two, and I will be interested to find out which versions you guys prefer. I personally prefer my 16 by 16 one.

Hahah, a trooper who smells on an flower - very funny!

Like the work with this colours - looks really great and authentic!

markus

Thank you!

This is a great Felucia build, but my favorite part is the conversation between the troopers! I always like stories that give an alternative to the "faceless evil stormtrooper," so I'm looking forward to seeing what other 'trouble' these two get into :classic:

Haha, yes, I have got a few things planned for these troopers to get up to!

This really is a very nice version of Felucia! The dark tan combines very good with all of the flashy plant colors. There's an amazing variety in the plants as well, with a lot of different shapes, colors and heights. I really love the fact that you portrayed both the ground foliage as the higher growing plants. Such layered vegetation really makes it more interesting. Another thing i like a lot is the gradual height difference in the base of the MOC. The path could have some more relief though.

Another nice thing about the plants is the irregularity in shapes, with all of the curvy shapes. Still, there is a bit too much structure visible in certain places. Those purple 1x1 round plates, for instance, clearly show the stud grid pattern. The height difference breaks it up a little bit, but randomizing it a bit more would be nice, you could even randomize colors a bit with splashes of blue in between. There are some sharp edges visible as well, that you could ease out with some tooth pieces or something like that. In general, it would be nice if you used some more specialized pieces. You use almost exclusively very standard bricks. The disadvantage is that you have the regularity, and it doesn't allow you to do strange things with the plants, like multiple branches coming from the same stem. So dive into your parts bin, and go completely weird on crazy parts. That will make your MOC more interesting to look at, because there would be more texture, and because it would be fun to spot all of the wicked part usages. I'm curious to see what strange pieces you can find in your collection. Those transparent grill tiles are already a great start!

So overall, very nice piece of Felucia. I'm glad that you made it bigger, because now there is more to love! I can almost smell the flowers behind my computer. But I should go on and search for Boba instead, I guess... :blush:

This really is a very nice version of Felucia! The dark tan combines very good with all of the flashy plant colors. There's an amazing variety in the plants as well, with a lot of different shapes, colors and heights. I really love the fact that you portrayed both the ground foliage as the higher growing plants. Such layered vegetation really makes it more interesting. Another thing i like a lot is the gradual height difference in the base of the MOC. The path could have some more relief though.

Another nice thing about the plants is the irregularity in shapes, with all of the curvy shapes. Still, there is a bit too much structure visible in certain places. Those purple 1x1 round plates, for instance, clearly show the stud grid pattern. The height difference breaks it up a little bit, but randomizing it a bit more would be nice, you could even randomize colors a bit with splashes of blue in between. There are some sharp edges visible as well, that you could ease out with some tooth pieces or something like that. In general, it would be nice if you used some more specialized pieces. You use almost exclusively very standard bricks. The disadvantage is that you have the regularity, and it doesn't allow you to do strange things with the plants, like multiple branches coming from the same stem. So dive into your parts bin, and go completely weird on crazy parts. That will make your MOC more interesting to look at, because there would be more texture, and because it would be fun to spot all of the wicked part usages. I'm curious to see what strange pieces you can find in your collection. Those transparent grill tiles are already a great start!

So overall, very nice piece of Felucia. I'm glad that you made it bigger, because now there is more to love! I can almost smell the flowers behind my computer. But I should go on and search for Boba instead, I guess... :blush:

Thanks for the feedback, but my Felucia build is long gone, so I doubt I will be able to edit it.

Nice flowers, great!

Thanks!