EddieZ

A 65 year old Newbie!

So, at the age of 65 I realized one of the many things I have not done yet was to build a LEGO! So, for my 65th birthday I decided to buy and build a LEGO. After visiting the local LEGO store and visiting with a very helpful young lady I walked out with the Parisian Restaurant. I now have the "bug"! Since then I've acquired the FB, GE, PS, TH, PC. Some are assembled and some are waiting for the Grand Kids to show up to help me. My wife has even joined me in the adventure. She separates the pieces as I assemble. Our plans are to set up a 4' x 8' Lionel train platform and use the LEGO buildings on it. We plan to display different pieces during different times of the year. We have the Monster Fighter Haunted House for Halloween, and will get the Fairground Mixer to add some additional motion. Around the Holidays we will get the Winter Village sets. I grew up with Lincoln Logs, Tinker Toys and Erector Sets but LEGOs were not around. I understand now why one of my grown sons is addicted to LEGOs.

Interests:

Dual Line Kite Team flying, Senior Bowling, Guitar, Banjo and my Mustang!!!

EddieZ

Austin, TX

Hello EddieZ Welcome to Eurobricks. It's good to have you with us.

Wow! You've got the LEGO bug good & proper, you've got some nice sets there. Be good to see pictures of your seasonal sets when done.

Also, it's great that you're involving your Family. Time very well spent.

Mustang? Love the sound of that! :classic:

Edited by grum64

Welcome, Eddie!

I remember Lionel trains fondly. Out of curiosity, why them and not a LEGO train?

Thanks for the welcome. Lionel because I have a set already, I like the sound of them running and they bring back fond memories. I also have a Lionel trolley to run back and forth down Main Street eventually.

Welcome to Eurobricks EddieZ! Have fun in the forums

:classic:

Welcome EddieZ! Another member of the Old Timer's club. We need a mod to give you your Old Timer' badge.

Looks like you've already got the LEGO bug in a big way!

Andy D

Founding member of the Older Than Dirt club.

Edited by Andy D

Hi EddieZ, and welcome to the Eurobricks community. What year Mustang do you own?

Hi Tim,

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 L. Way back had a '67 Shelby GT 350, sold to buy first home. I still see the buyer and he drives it regularly.

Eddie