Very cool concept. I'm usually more a fan of mini figures but your tiny builds are exceptional. Bag End is my absolute favorite. Thanks for posting.

Day 11-Uruk-Hai

You can never have too many orcs, so this figure makes a great army-builder.

Day 12-Table with Food

14682398437_7c46b30896.jpg

On day 7 we gave the partying hobbits something to drink; now they can have a feast as well. No chairs, though...I hope hobbits don't mind standing while they eat.

Day 13-Ruins of Osgiliath

14682293639_ee18cc731d.jpg

For those who don't know, Osgiliath was the ancient capital city of Gondor until it fell into disrepair. Faramir's army defended it from Mordor orcs until they were forced to retreat to Minas Tirith in Return of the King. This build is actually both microscale and minifigure-scale, so you can stand minifigures on top.

Day 14- Fell Beast

14888815953_c289748403.jpg

"It was a winged creature: if bird, than greater than all other birds, and it was naked, and neither quill nor feather did it bear, and its vast pinions were as webs of hide between horned fingers…"

After their horses were drowned in a magic flood, the Ringwraithes upgraded to these winged steeds/incarnations of evil. This model can move its head, wings, and tail, and it comes with a display stand.

Day 15- Nazgul

Day 16- Mordor Armory

14682425137_deeb5a39bf.jpg

This skull-faced weapons rack comes with a halberd for the Uruk-Hai and a longsword for yesterday's Nazgul.

Day 17- Dead Marshes

14888834093_49588b42b4.jpg

Before they could pass on to Mordor, Frodo, Sam, and Gollum had to pass through these forsaken lands.

Day 18- Gollum

15877561079_001205a308_n.jpg

Here's the lovable Stoor hobbit himself, on the set of my upcoming brickfilm. Something doesn't seem quite right, though...

16063640555_bbff0482df_n.jpg

That's better.

Day 19- Orthanc

14682354378_2d5db9d648.jpg

"It was fashioned by the builders of old, who smoothed the Ring of Isengard, and yet it seemed a thing not made by the craft of Men, but riven from the bones of the earth in the ancient torment of the hlls. A peak and isle of rock it was, black and gleaming hard: four mighty piers of many-sided stone were welded into one, but near the summit they opened into gaping horns, their pinnacles sharp as the points of spears, keen-edged as knives. Between them was a narrow space, and there upon a floor of polished stone, written with strange signs, a man might stand five hundred feet above the plain."

Fun fact: this model is actually built upside down, with the stud facing the bottom.

Day 20- Barad-Dur

14865920481_0bf280ff01.jpg

This towering fortress of the Dark Lord is the tallest model in the calendar.

Day 21- Party Tree

14682397908_2f4f332598.jpg

There are plenty of trees in Middle-Earth, but I like to think of it as the Party Tree where Bilbo celebrated his 111th birthday. There's enough room underneath the branches for him to stand and deliver his obligatory speech.

Day 22- Old Bilbo

14682345570_11663e1123.jpg

And finally, the exclusive minifigure you've all been waiting for! Ian Holm's Bilbo is an integral character in Lord of the Rings, but he hasn't been released as a figure yet because he doesn't appear in any action scenes that could be made into sets. To make this minifigure, I used a Harry Potter goblin's torso, Balin's head, and a Frodo hairpiece painted grey.

Edited by Lancethecat

Day 23- Present with Ring

14866564474_637f16619e.jpg

This may look like any unassuming old present, but swing it open to reveal...

15468571644_2bca23fe4e.jpg

...the One Ring itself!

Only one more day left! What will tomorrow bring?

Day 24- Santa Gandalf

14869028175_04897ff5ee.jpg

Every year, when the holidays roll around, Gandalf the Grey trades in his cloak and hat for a more festive costume and goes around the Shire delivering presents.

I hope you all enjoyed my advent calendar. Merry Christmas, and best of luck in the new year!

Edited by Lancethecat