Sign in to follow this  
AllezLesBleusPX

New member, need some tricks of the trade.

Hey everyone,

Name's Mikkie, Ive always had an infatuation with Lego and now Ive decided to

take it upon myself to create a MOC of the Fortress of Louisbourg (Blue Coat) in Cape Breton ,Canada.

Can anyone give me some tips on , rigging , decals and/or anything else related .

Much love .

First: welcome here, nice to hear you!!

Second: Uhm.. are you sure? Even in a minifig illusion scale this would be a colossal MOC. I tried myself to make a big MOC for the first attempt and the result is: a MOC that hold still at 2/3 from completion from a long time. In the meanwhile I've made lots of little side-projects.

My suggestion is to start with something little, you can finish in a short time and with a little amount of pieces. This way you may gratify yourself with a completed project then walk into something harder, and so on...

BUT I'm not the one with the best MOCs in here, neither the one with the highest number, so this is just a suggestion; other MOCers may find it wrong.

Enough said, good work and have fun!

Edit: little is different from simple. In a little thing you may add lots and lots of details.

Edited by Matteo1130

Second: Uhm.. are you sure? Even in a minifig illusion scale this would be a colossal MOC. I tried myself to make a big MOC for the first attempt and the result is: a MOC that hold still at 2/3 from completion from a long time. In the meanwhile I've made lots of little side-projects.

My suggestion is to start with something little, you can finish in a short time and with a little amount of pieces. This way you may gratify yourself with a completed project then walk into something harder, and so on...

BUT I'm not the one with the best MOCs in here, neither the one with the highest number, so this is just a suggestion; other MOCers may find it wrong.

Edit: little is different from simple. In a little thing you may add lots and lots of details.

I really appreciate your input Matteo1130 and I believe youre right, I will likely begin with something more begginer in size :)

Mikkie

PS. What is the collosal MOC you were working on ?

For decals: You cna purchase water slide decals, like the type you put on car models, that you can print on at home and then transfer to your MOC. These work really well, and I also give them a little blast of spray-on acrylic to help them stay put and shine.

For decals: You cna purchase water slide decals, like the type you put on car models, that you can print on at home and then transfer to your MOC. These work really well, and I also give them a little blast of spray-on acrylic to help them stay put and shine.

Appeciate the input DVSNTT.