de Gothia

HSS Military: The Gatehouse of Sionnach

It was a long time since de Gothia saw his home county Benoic. During the plauge he was in charge over Albion, the Pearl City of Historica. Now the plauge was over and he could finally come home.

His new home was now in Sionnach. The little village, de Gothia had decided to make into a city. Because of the good relationship between Benoic and Barqa in Kaliphlin he had hired some craftsmen from Barqa to help him make a city. A city wall was now erected almost around all of Sionnach and the gates was heavily inspired by the maingate of Albion.

It was the first time de Gothia sa the gates of Sionnach. He was satisfied...

Inspiration from my friend ZC!

C&C as always most welcome!

14888404542_b8f3292604.jpg

14702065480_13e507f9d8.jpg

14702107179_a3da4d3c63.jpg

14702219877_0d528ebc4b.jpg

That is a truly impressive gatehouse! Glad to see that the expert Kaliphlin stonemasons have done a good job, but still managed to keep the aesthetics firmly Avalonian :classic:

Awesome gatehouse, dG! I'm jealous because the minifigs look awesome and I can't seem to get the torsos and legs like the main two figures in the third picture. :tongue:

Also, with your rocks, I've been told that the cheese slops look better and a bit more natural, maybe try that next time? It's no big deal or anything, maybe just a tip?

Very nice gatehouse, It's impressive how you managed to make it as one solid color yet keep it so unique and interesting :thumbup:

Beautiful work, DG. You make this look easy.

Awesome gatehouse, dG! I'm jealous because the minifigs look awesome and I can't seem to get the torsos and legs like the main two figures in the third picture. :tongue:

IIRC they're from the Uruk Hai Army set that is very rare now. It cost like $20-25 when it first came out. I got one back then but the price was inflated badly and now you can find them in stores (occasionally) for $50+ or online for as much as $80. I almost bought one last time I was in Edmonton because it was hidden away at a store and on for $54.99 or something. My wife advised me against it since I'd spent a bunch of money at the Lego Store earlier that day anyhow. I should have bought both and sold one, dammit.

Sweet looking Gatehouse DG!! Inderesting that each tower has slightly different design!

Impressive gatehouse! I like the architecture a lot, and those upper windows on the right tower are really neat :thumbup:

The section connecting the two towers and the bit of the regular wall look great as well. This makes me want to build a Mitgardian gatehouse :classic:

Spectacular build de Gothia. There is not one thing that I dislike in this MOC. Great job my friend.

Thank you all for your kind words! =)

Behemoth: Thanks for the tip, in this case I was going for s smoother transistion between the rock and sorrounding landscape which led me to skip the cheese slopses in that area :)

The torsos is from the uruk hai set. I bought two of those sets and then 12 torsos/leg combos back inte days when they where cheaper.. =)

Really nice work! :thumbup: :thumbup: I like in particular the gate architecture :classic:

This is great!! Sionnach seems to be quite well defensed. I'd like to see attackers try to get past those fortifications!

Nice one deGothia! It's always good to see that people expand their cities. I hope to see some more builds for the HSS from you in the future.

*Beorthan enters, bowing*

My Lord Regent, I simply must have the name of your military engineer!

Great build - Seeing Benoic rise through the HSS will surely be a sight to sore eyes. :thumbup:

Top notch stuff, dG! :classic: The likeness to Z's Albion gatehouse is obvious, but you've stamped this build with your own style as well. The different windows in the two towers is interesting, although i do prefer the left-hand tower to the right in that regard - it just looks cleaner or something. Great use for the LoTR sticker over the gate too!

Props again to your photography btw - so crisp and bright and inviting! It really compliments your excellent build. :thumbup:

Absolutely amazing gatehouse DG!! Sionnach is becoming quickly one of the major Avalonian cities!!!