summo13

MOC: Nazi War Elephant

Not too sure about the Nazi theme but other than that I love it :thumbup:

Edited by grum64

Exhibit One why LEGO does not do modern military themes. Nice elephant, lose the symbols

They still make nazi minifigs though. I bought a Captain America vs Red Skull set earlier this year. Granted, it didn't feature any swastikas, but he's undeniably a nazi.

I'm not endorsing thier existence, but I see no issue with portraying nazis in the context of villainy. It could be the comic book ((where nazis were staple villains for many years) fan in me speaking out of turn, but as long as it's not being glorified, I see no issue with it's mere depiction.

A controversial pachyderm.

Raiders of the Lost Ark sets also had non Nazi, Nazi minifigs.

What I think this idea needs are some allied troops on horseback - then it can be a reimagining of WW2 meets the battle of Pelennor fields - commentary on how Tolkien was inspired by world events.

Edited by ummester

I apologize if I seemed harsh, I like the war elephant MOC, but I don't see the need to associate it with any historic group, especially one with such a universal negative connotation. My appreciation for the build would be much greater without the identifying markings - a generic war elephant would be much better, IMHO.

I was inspired after playing Wolfenstein: The new order on XBOX One. They re-imaged the whole world under Nazi Reign as if they won World War II. But Nazi's in general have been satirized for years on TV and film and that is the gist of this build. I took two different time periods and technology and put them together to make a bad megablocks looking pachyderm.

I think one of the disturbing things about this build, to me, is that there are Nazi stickers out there and people use them. Haha. It's not that disturbing what with historical dioramas and model kits but I had to do a double take when I saw those on Lego.

neat elephant, not going to get into the political discussion, you had a vision and made it happen, that is the cool thing...

Regardless of what symbol is used, it's still an awesome build by itself--there can never be enough war-elephants out there!

Although I have to admit I find the elephant's arm-band hilarious.

Don't know why people are getting their undies in a twist over the Nazi imagery. He's not glorifying them or anything. He stated quite plainly that the build is satirical. Not that it wasn't obvious from the get go. :sceptic:

Anyway, great MOC Summo. You kept the space for the minifigs to stand on roomy, but not over-sized compared to the elephant. Same with the armor. The search lights are a nice touch too.

And yes, the elephant armband is sheer genius. :head_back:

The really offensive thing is using the Brickarms M2 HB for Axis ww2 soldiers. And give the poor bastard a gun shield.

Cool. I really like The nazi war elephant.

Interesting fact: all the people i know who own elephants are Germans :laugh:

I must show them these pics :devil:

Great concept and execution! Though its probably not a good idea to keep the panzerfaust ammo (or is it?) hanging openly from the sides... :wink: and it looks like the elephant cant even see where its going! (or are the blinds intentional?)

Great concept and execution! Though its probably not a good idea to keep the panzerfaust ammo (or is it?) hanging openly from the sides... :wink: and it looks like the elephant cant even see where its going! (or are the blinds intentional?)

Yes the Blinds are intentional to protect his eyes when smashing the allied forces!! :grin: