The Emerald Night MOD into the Flying Scotsman looks awesome!

Also like the "really useful engine" in blue. :wink:

Keep up the good work!

Yeeh new Scotnick projects. Man it has always been great to see your models. Man that Scotsman!!!! The snot curvers for the buffer beam looks nice.

height vs Length is the issue i see with the FS, it needs to be 20% longer at least to make the model look even.

*blowing dust off the thread*

Oh, time to update this thread again!

Now I'm sure many of you have seen my latest creation, if not here's the thread: http://www.eurobrick...opic=137890&hl=

height vs Length is the issue i see with the FS, it needs to be 20% longer at least to make the model look even.

Regarding the Flying Scotsman you're totally right, but the real problem is still that the wheels are too small. I know it needs to be longer as well, but right now my goal is to make an Emerald Night mod that doesn't have to look too realistic.

Also I upgraded it with a tender (with battery box and receiver in there, PF XL motor in the engine) close to the one Bricktrix and Michael Gale are using, but with the frame a little bit different.

new_a3_small.jpg

Now some WIP pics of other models im working on

The Ajax

img_0006_-_copy.jpg

And class 4041 engne of the Austrian Federl Railways

img_0027_-_copy.jpg

And my updated 1400 class

Now I still need those [insert swearword here] stickers before I can say the model is finished :hmpf_bad:

dscn3893_-_small.jpg

Hope you like those, I'll open a thread when they're done :sweet:

Great job! That rolling stock gives me a serious nostalgia to the before mentioned blue tank engine.

Those are some VERY nice models. For some odd reason I love the boxiness of the class 4041. I have been meaning to ask how do you construct your leafsprings on the rear axle of the GWR tank engine. Also how do you attach them to the mainframe? I'm asking because I'm working on one of these.

Sorry guys, I think it has been a bad routine from me not answering for so long, but my studies keep me busy. I promise I'm going to answer immediately this time. 

On 8/27/2016 at 10:59 PM, Beck said:

Those are some VERY nice models. For some odd reason I love the boxiness of the class 4041. I have been meaning to ask how do you construct your leafsprings on the rear axle of the GWR tank engine. Also how do you attach them to the mainframe? I'm asking because I'm working on one of these.

Regarding your question, I hope it's not too late, so here's a pic of how it is done.

springidea.jpg

Also regarding my models, I have some news. I've been working and working recently, so I might show you some real life models this year, rather than just "silly" renders :grin:

But I still have some renders to show, and I hope you like them!

Now I'll start with the oldest, which I actually have built in bricks, but didn't come around taking pictures

26912073342_880bea02d1_b.jpgbogie bolster wagon by ScotNick1, on Flickr

Next is a redo of the Flying Scotsman I've already shown you in this thread - but some requested to change the model to BBB XL drivers, and here's the result

32023910130_5d0042b434_b.jpgLNER A3 with BBB XL wheels by ScotNick1, on Flickr

My next model is an Austrian electric engine which you undoubtedly have seen if you visited Austria at some point - really they are all around! helos made a Railjet version which he presented here and Lego Train 12 Volts mad his own version which can be seen here. Soon I took my inspiration from those models and built my own in LDD - only getting to the result that I wasn't happy with Lego's motor side plates and the whole underframe - so I changed it every now and then and recently got an acceptable result which you can now see 

32472396071_5caf9226a3_b.jpgSiemens ES64U2 - ÖBB Taurus by ScotNick1, on Flickr

My just recently designed and newest creation is a BR MK I CK Corridor Composite Coach - which was a result of less hours than I expected - only the underframe has to be changed at some point.

32287894580_e24f2d054a_b.jpgBR MK I CK Composite Coach by ScotNick1, on Flickr

Right now I'm also collecting bricks to build those two coaches for the engine I've already presented here

thomas_w_annie_and_clarabel.png

Hope you like it, even though I haven't shown much in real bricks to this day - collecting bricks is much harder than I thought :hmpf_bad:

Cheers,

Nick

These are simply gorgeous... especially the MK1 coach. I can't help but imagine it in a lengthy main-line train behind the Flying Scotsman, just a very expensive one! How are the narrower windows held in? Are those 1x2 grill plates at the base of each one?
The 'Annie and Clarabelle' (Thomas the Tank Engine) coaches look like they could be turned into a GWR B-set quite easily too, again part colours and availability notwithstanding.

15 hours ago, Redimus said:

Really liking that Mk1.

Haha thanks, I knew you'd like it :laugh:

4 hours ago, ColletArrow said:

These are simply gorgeous... especially the MK1 coach. I can't help but imagine it in a lengthy main-line train behind the Flying Scotsman, just a very expensive one! How are the narrower windows held in? Are those 1x2 grill plates at the base of each one?
The 'Annie and Clarabelle' (Thomas the Tank Engine) coaches look like they could be turned into a GWR B-set quite easily too, again part colours and availability notwithstanding.

Thanks! I have enough windows to build two of the MK I coaches and an extra brake coach. The narrower windows are from this door and are fixed by part 2412. I'll put one of the rilled tiles under and one above the window (upside down) but LDD won't let me do it 

The 'Annie and Clarabel' models are loosely based on these coaches of Midland Railway origigin

smr_coaches015.jpg

Regarding the colours and availability - I designed them to be built in real life, so all the parts exist in dark orange. I'm already collecting parts, but it takes some time as I have to make orders from multiple shops :sceptic:

Edited by ScotNick

Been a long time since I last posted here, but I have some new models to show and didn't want to make a new topic.

First of some real life train ideas I had:

40884551735_63e0918ace_z.jpgGoing the diesel way?! by ScotNick1, on Flickr

Also tried out the new rollercoaster wheel parts

39977798580_b294491be6_z.jpgSome experiments by ScotNick1, on Flickr

Had some design ideas for a box van...

27573093389_8862a25921_b.jpgVent Van concepts by ScotNick1, on Flickr

...which still needs some part to get finished

25502750518_7622638bf3_z.jpgVent Van WIP by ScotNick1, on Flickr

Tried my hands on the front of a Siemens Eurorunner, very much still a wip though

40475427720_3ef6468032_b.jpgSiemens Eurorunner - ÖBB 2016 (Hercules) wip by ScotNick1, on Flickr

I revised Bricktrix's A4 

28631521158_35ee2e9c59_b.jpgLNER A4 with XL wheels by ScotNick1, on Flickr

I also revised my Ivatt Atlantic and made her a bit longer

42279548635_4e37cde5b2_b.jpgRevised Ivatt Atlantic by ScotNick1, on Flickr

And in the last couple days I designed an LBSR B1 Gladstone engine, the tender is not yet done, I think it's a bit too long, but I'm open to all suggestions!

42374279765_fff1195b0d_b.jpgEnough Gladstone for now by ScotNick1, on Flickr

Cheers, Nick

Edited by ScotNick

Wow! I absolutely love the P2 in the pic with the A4 and C1! The smoke deflectors and angled smokebox must have been difficult to do. I like the B1 as well, what colour are those bricks? It has a very pink sort of tone Very nice use of rollercoaster wheels as well. Should we expect some narrow gauge engiens in the future? ;) Love your work, very nice!

On 7/7/2018 at 12:05 PM, FlyingFordFalcon said:

I like the B1 as well, what colour are those bricks? It has a very pink sort of tone 

Looks to me like light nougat - the same colour as branded minifigure heads e.g. Harry Potter.

These models are amazing! Are instructions available anywhere?  I'd love to have all of them - if I could.

Edited by Vilhelm22

5 hours ago, legotownlinz said:

Excellent work!

31 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Looks to me like light nougat - the same colour as branded minifigure heads e.g. Harry Potter.

These models are amazing! Are instructions available anywhere?  I'd love to have all of them - if I could.

Thanks guys!
I'm afraid I'm not very much into giving away instructions or files, hope you understand that!

On 7/7/2018 at 1:05 PM, FlyingFordFalcon said:

Wow! I absolutely love the P2 in the pic with the A4 and C1! The smoke deflectors and angled smokebox must have been difficult to do. I like the B1 as well, what colour are those bricks? It has a very pink sort of tone Very nice use of rollercoaster wheels as well. Should we expect some narrow gauge engiens in the future? ;) Love your work, very nice!

Thanks! The P2 will hopefully be done by the end of the year, will see what I can do (she's already 90 % done).
The colour of the B1 is medium nougat, but I think the colour fits much better in real than on the render.

Haha, about the narrow gauge engines, the advantage they have is that I wouldn't need many parts...
Not sure though, maybe only as a load for my well wagon :grin:

Some excellent updates there. I like that you don’t ignore humble vehicles like the vans and pack as much thought and detail into them as you do into your larger headline-grabbing steam locos.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 12:30 PM, ScotNick said:

Tried my hands on the front of a Siemens Eurorunner, very much still a wip though

I agree, the front of the Hercules is a real challenge. Much angles, hardly reproducable in lego. 

Im sure, you will be able to get it done tho :wink::thumbup:

Ever tried a 1044/1144?

On 7/7/2018 at 1:30 PM, ScotNick said:

2 hours ago, KikoTube said:

I agree, the front of the Hercules is a real challenge. Much angles, hardly reproducable in lego. 

That's cool. I'm currently building slightly larger version of this model, which is my first train ever! Might not be the wisest decision. Top is done, stuck with bogies.

14 hours ago, zux said:

That's cool. I'm currently building slightly larger version of this model, which is my first train ever! Might not be the wisest decision. Top is done, stuck with bogies.

Which Scale are you Building in?

12 hours ago, KikoTube said:

Which Scale are you Building in?

8-stud wide

19 minutes ago, zux said:

8-stud wide

Im building mine in 9-10 wide, suits the size of the rails. (1435mm)

The locos are great with lots of details (the pilot/plow on the Siemens is simple yet brilliant), the steamers are fantastic, and the goods vans are smashing.

On 7/8/2018 at 6:11 PM, Hod Carrier said:

Some excellent updates there. I like that you don’t ignore humble vehicles like the vans and pack as much thought and detail into them as you do into your larger headline-grabbing steam locos.

Thanks! Well it has too look good altogether, right? :sweet:

On 7/10/2018 at 6:01 PM, zux said:

Ohh, bogies can be quite challenging, good luck! :)

15 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

The locos are great with lots of details (the pilot/plow on the Siemens is simple yet brilliant), the steamers are fantastic, and the goods vans are smashing.

Thanks! Hopefully I'll have it built soon!

Good to see the progress. The brick builded ÖBB logo is a timeless masterpiece!

Will you also go to build the 4020? Never seen a better version then yours!

The Swoosh!!!

Grüße aus Linz

PS: kann man die Modelle auch mal wo im RL bewundern (Messe etc.). Bin hin und wieder mal Familie in Wien besuchen