Godtshep

Which famous train would you like to see in Lego form?

I would personally like to see:

The Deltic

The Great Mallard

The Flying Scotsman

The Condor

Which trains would you like to see as Lego Sets?

The Condor? I had to look that up on Google, and as far as I can tell, it was some fast freight service normally run by Co-Bos. A pretty obscure service run by some pretty obscure (if rather unique) locos.

As for me?

I'd like to see all of the trains! :P

I'd like to first see the Indian-Pacific and then the Ghan, both from Australia but only if there were additions to the set to create a feeling of being in the Outback. I love Lego sets that explore the world around us, which have a sense of 'travel' rather than the generic Lego City police state!

I would love a Deltic or a Mallard, but I am a little biased. I have to agree it is hard to justify the condor as famous, when only a few keen enthusiasts, let alone members of the public will have heard of it. As for Flying Scotsman it has already been done in the form of Emerald Night, Albeit in Later Brirish Railways Dark Green with black wheels and smoke deflectors as she appeared in about 1962.

The Japanese Shinkansen would be very good side by side ve HE. Maybe with 4 or 5 cars, even an UCS as a train.

A single molded piece like the one used in 60051 would create a stunning show train.

The Rheincold train with a NS 3700 (a dutch locomotive) or a German BR 18

There's 4 trains I'd like to see LEGO make.

Stephenson’s ‘Rocket'

A Union Pacific Big Boy

Mallard

LMS Coronation Class Duchess of Atholl

The last is purely an indulgence on my part.

My Grandparents gave me my fathers Duchess of Atholl 3 rail train set complete with tender and numerous carriages after he passed away.

I was 6 at the time and remember clearly thinking it was the best train set in the World. It was made of metal and I recall it being very heavy for its size,

Sadly it was stolen several years ago but I still have my memories of the many happy hours I spent playing with it.

Edited by grum64

Cock O the North.

That'd be a beast of a model by offcial Lego loco standards. Mind, so would pretty much *anything* American that's been suggested.

I would love to see an American style 4-4-0 or 4-6-0 (the style seen in all the cowboy movies) but with the level of detail of the Emerald Night.

4449 Southern Pacific "Daylight"

320px-Sp_4449e.gif

Easily my top pick.

Also, I really like The Ghan train. Never been to Australia, but they deserve a nice train too. I'd pass on any high speed trains.

Although it's not very famous, I'd love to see the Caterpillar SD70ACe:

presenting_the_caterpillar_sd70ace_locomotive_1201_by_eternalflame1891-d5j3fky.jpg

Any of the Union Pacific or Norfolk Southern heritage units lol

Mallard for sure!

Class 43 Intercity 125 in BR colours.

Deltic

Stephensons Rocket

Maybe ATP if Lego worked out a way to make it tilt.

these are some of my favorites

The Bauereihe 96, the greatest european mallet ever build, the Chapelon 242A the most powerfull european steam or the bavarian Rheingold train, the train of Ludwig.

Hello guys, I'm big fan of LEGO trains and have collected some pieces (7740, 4558, 4551, 4564, Emerald, Maersk, Horizon) during the past few years and eager to see what LEGO brings out in 2015. My preference list is:

Mallard

The General

Crocodile

TEE

Thatcher Perkins

Bullet Train

Deltic

Rocket

Edited by Interceptor

Polar Express 1225

I would like that one, but I've already got a 2-8-4 Berkshire, courtesy of SavatheAggie's Bricklink instructions shop!

But my wishlist has been updated to this:

- PCC streetcar for the Modular Town

- Daylight 4449 or 4460

- GM Aerotrain or some other failed-to-catch-on prototype like the AMTRAK Turbo Train

- Thatcher Perkins

- A MOW crane like this except for train wrecks, not cargo:

4552-1.jpg?0

-maybe a Texas Type 2-10-4... or maybe longer?

Edited by Murdoch17