Sign in to follow this  

This weekend I decided to make some video footage of me building a set. Therefore I needed a mount for one of my smartphones. So I built one. It's pretty simple, but does the job well. I already have ideas for a second version.

Here it is:

imag0544_eb.jpg

More details, information, pictures and link to LDD file are available on my Blog.

That looks good, I am just in the process of building something like this to use with my digital camera on top of the Unimog.

Thanks!

Depending on the camera, it might be hard to "connect" it properly. Here it was no problem at all for what it is needed..

Edited by Balrog

Maybe you can use some bionicle ball joints for more freedom of movement.

These might be useful if I make some kind of tripod. But I don't think they are suitable to support the weight for camera posing alone.

But I was thinking of a more mechanical approach for V2 :wink:

Haha, I'm constantly making smartphone mounts/holders/stands for my phone and tablet. Currently I've got one on top of my pc screen to use my phone as a webcam. I got a small smartphone stand to read stuff from the phone while sitting. I've got a bigger stand which can hold tablets and phones (and has a few features) and I've also got a (kind of) foldable phone stand for taking it on a trip.

And, in the past I also had other ones. I'm constantly redesigning and simplifying those damn useful things :laugh:

I have a stand that I used for my old BB Playbook, and now my 2nd gen Nexus 7. I might have to make another to put it on top of my monitor...Hmmm...

Yesterday. I stumbled upon a problem, which now speeds things up a little. I wanted to make some straight shots, but that was not really possible. I needed to apply some tilt, so I put something under the rear stand. Unfortunately, the whole stand soon tended to tip over.

Hear is a first idea for a new version:

v2_teaser.jpg

Far from being final :wink:

Thanks for reminding me. I have used the smartphone stand v2 the whole time without finishing it properly and making a digital file :D