Balthazar

MOC: Battle of Gettysburg

Hi!

This MOC is about the most famous battle of American civil war.

Learn more about this event:

The Battle of Gettysburg, fought from July 1 to July 3, 1863, is considered the most important engagement of the American Civil War. After a great victory over Union forces at Chancellorsville, General Robert E. Lee marched his Army of Northern Virginia into Pennsylvania in late June 1863. On July 1, the advancing Confederates clashed with the Union’s Army of the Potomac, commanded by General George G. Meade, at the crossroads town of Gettysburg. The next day saw even heavier fighting, as the Confederates attacked the Federals on both left and right. On July 3, Lee ordered an attack by fewer than 15,000 troops on the enemy’s center at Cemetery Ridge. The assault, known as “Pickett’s Charge,” managed to pierce the Union lines but eventually failed, at the cost of thousands of rebel casualties, and Lee was forced to withdraw his battered army toward Virginia on July 4.

All materials belong to the history.com website!

---

I built defensive line which has been extended along Cemetery Ridge to the hill known as Little Round Top by Union corps under the command of Winfield Scott Hancock.

---

14688926177_13f567a7e2_z.jpg

You can find pictures of a higher quality here!

14688844078_a8ef0679cb_z.jpg

14895317473_85a5a4c131_z.jpg

14688924547_6b909606c6_z.jpg

14895317643_bcf92e3fe4_z.jpg

More pictures:

14875116122_db8a5e59bc_z.jpg

14872394671_d44b324321_z.jpg

14875447395_1a4b684610_z.jpg

14852463676_20a9d91de0_z.jpg

14688927077_5a8fe5b35a_z.jpg

Thanks for watching! C&C are welcome!

14872994194_f96da2fe90_z.jpg

Just a brief correction. It was not a 'civil war'. My ancestors had no interest in taking control of Washington DC and governing America as one country. They (we) wanted our own country. May seem like a small point to some, but the correct term is 'war between the states'. Some prefer 'The war of northern aggression'.

Well done MOC! Nice presentation and details. Great landscaping and wall technique.

Awesome MOC, I love the details, the minifigs, and the pictures are awesome! :thumbup:

Terrific! :thumbup:

Thanks!

As I said on FLICKR, sweet vignette with great presentation. One of my favorite subjects in history too! :thumbup:

Thank you Gary! :)

Just a brief correction. It was not a 'civil war'. My ancestors had no interest in taking control of Washington DC and governing America as one country. They (we) wanted our own country. May seem like a small point to some, but the correct term is 'war between the states'. Some prefer 'The war of northern aggression'.

I know about the interests of CSA in this war but i still think it was а civil conflict, because americans fought among themselves.

Well done MOC! Nice presentation and details. Great landscaping and wall technique.

Thank you adventurer!

Just a brief correction. It was not a 'civil war'.

Just a brief correction. You cannot change the meaning of words to suit your political ideology. It was a "civil war" because it was fought between factions within an existing nation state.

Please do not consider this any kind of hostile reply, but a civil war is defined as a war between organized groups within the same state or republic, or between two countries created from a formerly united state. For nomenclature, it doesn't really matter which side started it or what the goals were of each side. As Balthazar points out, and Tedbeard drives home, it was a civil war.

A nice little vignette here! :thumbup: Liking the pretty nifty details. I wish I had studied more about the American Civil War in History class!

Awesome MOC.....great detailing......only some other weapons laying around is what is missing......Brick On 'Balthazar' ! :grin:

A nice little vignette here! :thumbup: Liking the pretty nifty details. I wish I had studied more about the American Civil War in History class!

Awesome MOC.....great detailing......only some other weapons laying around is what is missing......Brick On 'Balthazar' ! :grin:

Thank you guys! :classic:

Great MOC! I really like all the detail, especially the landscaping. :thumbup: There are so many wonderful heads you can use with those uniforms, too. I would like to see some big sideburns and moustaches on these guys. Like this --> :pir-oh:

Gettysburg, PA is also one of the most haunted places in all of North America, in case some of you didn't know that.

Great MOC! I really like all the detail, especially the landscaping. :thumbup: There are so many wonderful heads you can use with those uniforms, too. I would like to see some big sideburns and moustaches on these guys. Like this --> :pir-oh:

Gettysburg, PA is also one of the most haunted places in all of North America, in case some of you didn't know that.

Thanks!

Interesting note :classic:

I apologize. Guess I'm just bummed out about both sides of my family, confederates and Indians, losing their battles with the government in Washington, D.C. Sore loser. That about sums it up.