Venkefedo

Mount Up! Great Snowy Ram

14849525486_9cd984abf7.jpg

Rams are commonly bred for Dwarven riders in the higher elevations of Mitgardia, where even dwarf-bred ponies find the going difficult. Over time, ram-breeding descended to lower elevations as well, with the creatures proving equally adept as mounts and beasts of burden in the flatter terrain of Mitgardia's valleys and tundra. Largest among the Dwarven rams is the Great Snowy Ram, also known by some as the Frost Ram, originally from the western mountains of Mitgardia.

14685867769_c323afd372.jpg

Chiefly bred for battle, these beasts are capable of climbing steep slopes with ease, and can gain tremendous momentum in a charge over even rough terrain. With the amount of force their heads & horns can bring to bear against other objects, there is little wonder why the dwarves of Mitgardia tend to avoid employing handmade battering rams in sieges; it's far simpler & more effective to send in ram-mounted troops in turn one after the other until the enemy barrier lies shattered beneath their hooves. Still primarily raised in the west, they have found their way across the realm, even finding use among human travelers and mounted units.

14685829720_870a115f63.jpg

I built this guy the first night of the mini-challenge, immediately inspired by the contest and the mention of Warcraft (the Stormpike Battle Charger and Swift Brewfest Ram are two of my favorites among the ground mounts in the game). "But that was weeks ago!" you might say; I wasn't happy enough with it. The first horns I made were a bit more organic, but didn't get the look I wanted. The ram was made largely from studying the Legend Beast Lion for structure, and then liberally stealing joints and some other parts from both it and the Legend Beast Eagle. I'd sit on it a few days, then tweak one part or another until yesterday when I reworked the rear legs, and then redid the front legs today right before snapping new pics.

Hope you enjoyed!

Looks great! Those horns are huge! Good to know we have this beast on our side! Great work!

Great idea to build a ram! These would be some very effective war mounts :thumbup: I like how you implemented a saddle too :classic:

Those are some impressive horns! Reminds me of Lord of the Rings Online and the Ram mount they have. Great job!

Very nice. The head is a bit too big IMHO, but the horns and overall concept is awesome!

Yes! I was hoping someone would do a ram mount homaging WoW. I thought about this myself and you made it work nicely.