Sign in to follow this  
TheLegGodt

No IDEAS

We all suspected the latest 2 CUSOO/IDEAS sets would he hits but they are sold out wthin a week! Same happened to the MARS rover at the beginning of the years. Meanwhile, Ghostbusters ECTO-1 and the Delorean are still available.

The funny thing is, I would have thought the licensed sets would have sold out a lot faster than MOC-inspired ones.

Do LEGO simply produce more licensed-inspired IDEAS sets than MOC-inspried sets? Or do AFOLs prefer the MOC-inspired sets more? What is the message that the buying behaviour of us AFOLs is sending TLG regarding the IDEAS line?

Well, when the Delorean first came out it was sold out for months at my Lego store. I kept calling and whenever they had it in stock it would be out before I got to the stores. The ECTO-1 and the Exosuit are the only IDEAS sets that haven't sold out at my store within the first few days. And obviously the Exosuit is an exception to the rule since most places are sold out of it. Lucky me to be able to get it still :grin:

The sets are new, they sold out. The older ones have had a chance to catch up to demand. Nothing needs to be read into it.

SW sets are released in Europe 2-3 months before the US. Therefore the fans who really, really want it get the set in advance.

Plus, LEGO seems to believe that there is much higher demand for the licensed sets, so IDEAS/Cuusoo releases are much smaller.

Also, licensed sets are more distributed; local toy stores can get them easier than the I/C sets.

It's a shame that LEGO hasn't learned that they should produce more of these-if the fans voted for it, the fans will buy it!

It's baffling when a profit driven company does not re-release such popular products, however I do not think we're already done with two latest sets. It's only been little more than a week since they've been released, and I'd say responses from some people at LEGO that they are already discontinued stems probably only from upper management not approving it yet - because it all happened so fast. So some phone or email rep will see there's no dates for another wave of sets, and say it's discontinued.

I could be wrong... I probably am, but I don't see how a company like LEGO would screw up that badly and not have at least a second run.

It's baffling when a profit driven company does not re-release such popular products, however I do not think we're already done with two latest sets. It's only been little more than a week since they've been released, and I'd say responses from some people at LEGO that they are already discontinued stems probably only from upper management not approving it yet - because it all happened so fast. So some phone or email rep will see there's no dates for another wave of sets, and say it's discontinued.

I could be wrong... I probably am, but I don't see how a company like LEGO would screw up that badly and not have at least a second run.

I ordered them day 1 anticipating a run, so personally I am set. But for people who lost out I sure hope you are right. I fear the worst though, on S@H it states sold out...

When I look on US S@H right now, as I write this, Exosuit is "temporarily out of stock," the lab just says "Sold Out." I don't know if "Sold Out" is final. I would presume, as I wrote, that it's simply not official that they'll make another run... I still think it would be a bit dumb not to, though.

EDIT: In fact, I'm inclined to buy another one to save as a gift.

Edited by fred67