My build for Phase 2 of the Wall category in AoM. I experimented with using only SNOT tiles for the wall texturing and making a machicolation (the 'false' tower).

As Daydelon grew, the wooden palisade was taken down and replaced by a stone wall with wooden walkways. More houses were built and many farms were started just outside the town:

overview.JPG

front.JPG

left.JPG

back.JPG

soldier.JPG

farmer.JPG

All C&C appreciated :classic:

Great moc. I love the touch of realism added by the wooden supports, and the shaping of the wall is excellent as well :thumbup:

The brick-work looks nice, I really like the walkway the archer is on, and the doors look awesome. Also, did you get inspired with the foliage on the ground by a certain someone? I've seen that technique before... :purrr:

Nice! I like the combination between stonework and the wooden part. Great job :thumbup:.

Why do you need to be so good at MOCing?? Another great MOC, good work! love the arch (can I steal that technique?), wooden walkway, details on the ground, everything actually.

Nice one.. I like that you built it with an angle, and I really like the door texturing.

Edited by Gunman

This is awesome SK! I really like the stone work and the flaps.

Thank you :classic:

Great moc. I love the touch of realism added by the wooden supports, and the shaping of the wall is excellent as well :thumbup:

Thanks, I was pretty happy with those wooden supports, especially because I happened to be pretty short in reddish brown when I made them and was still able to get them to look good :classic:

The brick-work looks nice, I really like the walkway the archer is on, and the doors look awesome. Also, did you get inspired with the foliage on the ground by a certain someone? I've seen that technique before... :purrr:

Thanks, glad you like the doors. As for the foliage, I wasn't inspired by anyone in particular, I've used this basic design quite a few times before and it's pretty common in the Castle world right now :classic:

Nice! I like the combination between stonework and the wooden part. Great job :thumbup:.

Thanks Simon, I've thought about doing a stone wall with wooden walkways before, but this my first time actually doing it :classic:

Why do you need to be so good at MOCing?? Another great MOC, good work! love the arch (can I steal that technique?), wooden walkway, details on the ground, everything actually.

Thanks Alfadas! And 'steal' away :thumbup:

Nice one.. I like that you built it with an angle, and I really like the door texturing.

Thanks Gunman! Glad you like the doors, I wanted to do them a little differently than I normally do :classic:

I like it SK! I like the wall texturing and the wood walks. :thumbup:

Thanks TUB :classic:

It's a nicely put together wall with a nice bit of traffic going through, of course.

Thanks, have to have that little bit of traffic :thumbup:

Very nice wall, the dark bley tiles look great using the 1x2s and 2x2s. I love the wooden flaps too!

Thanks Hammerhand, glad you like how the texturing turned out :classic:

Really nice work!

Good idea at the roof with the brown "tils".

markus

Thanks Markus!

Awesome! Love that it's angled, and great job with the false tower!

Thanks LV, I'm going to be doing those 'false' towers a lot in future builds :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

Very suitable sized wall for the first stone wall around a town! The slight angle of the wall and the small "hanging" tower adds a lot here :classic:

I´m in love with the wooden ramparts as I said on flickr! Great work here! Only nitpick would be the cheese slope on the arrowslit but you know that now! :wink: :classic:

Great wall. Love that it's angled and my favorite detail is the wooden panels over the crenelations.

I've seen and used the turntable bases for windows before, but this is the first time I've seen them used like that and it works very well!

It's also nice to see Mitgardia in the summer every now and then. (Though, the triple digit temperatures here in Texas this week have most of us hibernating indoors :laugh: )

Very suitable sized wall for the first stone wall around a town! The slight angle of the wall and the small "hanging" tower adds a lot here :classic:

Thanks Gideon! I'm surprised we don't see more of those 'hanging' towers in LEGO castle builds :classic:

I´m in love with the wooden ramparts as I said on flickr! Great work here! Only nitpick would be the cheese slope on the arrowslit but you know that now! :wink: :classic:

Thanks dG! And I'm definitely gonna switch the cheese slope around for future builds :classic:

Great wall. Love that it's angled and my favorite detail is the wooden panels over the crenelations.

Thanks mccoyed, those wooden panel things are cheap and work nicely between crenelations :classic:

I've seen and used the turntable bases for windows before, but this is the first time I've seen them used like that and it works very well!

It's also nice to see Mitgardia in the summer every now and then. (Though, the triple digit temperatures here in Texas this week have most of us hibernating indoors :laugh: )

Thanks! I used to use turn table bases on doors all the time. And yeah doing all snow can get a bit tiresome (and my snow parts were running low after building the other 2 phases ...)

Very solid structure! Amazing job with the flaps! Never thought about that before :)