ShadowWolfHount

Would you like to see Castle Action Figures again

Okay so I got the idea of making this topic from this topic and I remember Knights Kingdom 2, you know the one Castle theme that have these guys.

Anyway would anyone like to see a Castle theme Action Figure with it's own build or the HF build or you don't want to see a Castle Action Figure.

For me I would like to see Lego making Castle Action Figure but with the HF build and with there own armor instead of having just the HF armor because it's annoying for it just being HF armor with small recolors. Another thing is that I like it to have 6 character no more, no less but that maybe something we would already see.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

That would be more then nice to see Castle action figures again but obviously this time without those annoying ratchet joints.

Not particularly. I liked the Knights Kingdom II action figures when they were out (the very idea of System-based action figures held some appeal back then, and their weapons were reasonably compatible with my BIONICLE collection), but they didn't offer much in the way of variety.

Now, with a modern-day constraction series, that could be fixed to a certain extent by including not just knights but also horses, dragons, and maybe even some assorted fantasy creatures like trolls and dwarves. A theme like that, with a healthy dose of fantasy, is something I could really get behind. But I don't have any particular reason to wish for a medieval fantasy theme in particular rather than just more constraction in general. And how much I'd enjoy such a theme would depend heavily on the quality of the designs and the story that accompanies them.

The idea of a theme using the Hero Factory system with more medieval-looking armor designs is definitely an interesting one, but I think it'd have to be handled a bit carefully if you want the pieces to have lasting usefulness. I don't use Knights' Kingdom II weapon and armor pieces in MOCs much in part because I feel their textures are very specific to medieval fantasy, and this clashes with the aesthetic of a lot of the other pieces I tend to use. But this is probably not an insurmountable challenge. LEGO Legends of Chima generally avoids using parts with mechanical or sci-fi textures like 98571 or 98592, but it uses basic Hero Factory shells quite effectively, and many of the parts it introduced like 11334, 11336, or 15369 are not so genre-specific that they cannot be used in other types of sci-fi or fantasy creations.

I'd love to see how they'd be done with CCBS! More traditional, medieval armour addons would also be lovely to see.

Now, with a modern-day constraction series, that could be fixed to a certain extent by including not just knights but also horses, dragons, and maybe even some assorted fantasy creatures like trolls and dwarves. A theme like that, with a healthy dose of fantasy, is something I could really get behind. But I don't have any particular reason to wish for a medieval fantasy theme in particular rather than just more constraction in general. And how much I'd enjoy such a theme would depend heavily on the quality of the designs and the story that accompanies them.

The idea of a theme using the Hero Factory system with more medieval-looking armor designs is definitely an interesting one, but I think it'd have to be handled a bit carefully if you want the pieces to have lasting usefulness. I don't use Knights' Kingdom II weapon and armor pieces in MOCs much in part because I feel their textures are very specific to medieval fantasy, and this clashes with the aesthetic of a lot of the other pieces I tend to use. But this is probably not an insurmountable challenge. LEGO Legends of Chima generally avoids using parts with mechanical or sci-fi textures like 98571 or 98592, but it uses basic Hero Factory shells quite effectively, and many of the parts it introduced like 11334, 11336, or 15369 are not so genre-specific that they cannot be used in other types of sci-fi or fantasy creations.

It would be great to see Horses and dragons but I think the Horse would be a little hard because of the build to make a knight or troll or something to get on the horse but I think that the horses is going to be a 2.0 body armor or BA body armor (in would be good to see that BA body armor in a new color in my opinion).

With parts to be use in MOC, I don't know about "carefully of pieces to have lasting usefulness" because I think it's how you use the parts.

while i liked them a bit when they were out, the system sets that became more and more popular featuring those characters were nicer purchases in my opinion. if they went the route of design like HF it might seem a little off since the knights, at least in the previous line, were human and the HF bodies and builds generally lack human proportions and appear more mechanical in nature. but if they could make the design work, i think it'd be pretty cool (especially if they devoted time to the story behind the characters and towards the plot, to create something that stands a bit more apart from their other knight lines). and making them easier to customize than in the past would be a bonus. (oh and purple)

If it gives us medieval style Hero Factory parts, I'm all for it. I absolutely loved the look of the shoulder pads from the old KK Constraction figures.

I wouldn't mind a medieval constraction theme, but I'm not sure if another "Knights Kingdom" line is what we need. Some of the same elements, perhaps, but not quite the same deal.

Maybe something with a larger variety of 'good-guy' characters. There could be a knight character, but perhaps add a Mage, an Archer, and a Barbarian as well. Maybe they could be in a futuristic world with futuristic tech but still a medieval armor/weapons style? Maybe the warriors themselves are tech'd up? Mix it up a little!

Those new golden 'Chima' armor add-on parts could work well for the Mage, I'd think, and would probably give an excuse to produce more purple lilac-colored parts, because, hello, it's lilac.

Or 'earth red'. I dunno, I think that'd look cool on a mage.

And give that Mage a robe! Mage needs to look the part.

Barbarian could get a loincloth in brown, and an ax. Maybe a hammer and a shield. Archer would keep greens in his or her color scheme, perhaps have his/her bow designed with a flick-fire 'missile' function? Knight would be.. well, a knight. Blue probably. Sword and shield. All would probably use the heads used in the 'Brain Attack' Hero-Factory wave, but with a hood for the mage, a helmet for the knight, and maybe face-printing for the other two?

Probably would reuse the element of the heroes battling a villain and his army, or perhaps if it's a futury-thing, they could fight the villain's technology-enhanced cybernetic warriors, or mind-controlled beasts created in a lab? Something awesome. Main baddie would have a fiery whip. Maybe he'd be black, gunmetal, and an unusual color.. say keet-orange? Maybe he wouldn't even be the real bad guy. Maybe he'd(or she, I wouldn't mind another serious female villain one bit!) just be a puppet while someone else more deadly pulled the strings, who'd be released in the Summer wave?

I like running wild with little ideas, if you can't tell :tongue:

I wouldn't mind a possible Knights Kingdom range again, but spice it up a little. New constraction parts are always nice too.

if they went the route of design like HF it might seem a little off since the knights, at least in the previous line, were human and the HF bodies and builds generally lack human proportions and appear more mechanical in nature.

i second this. looks what's happen with superheroes ultrabuild.

I have a couple of those old ones and... no... they've been packed away for ages and I have no desire to display them or anything else... so... no.

I have a couple of those old ones and... no... they've been packed away for ages and I have no desire to display them or anything else... so... no.

I'd take them off your hands for free :wink:

In all seriousness though, I actually think some of those knight pieces converted to CCBS would be awesome for MOCs.

I'd like to see them returning, but not with CCBS. That style just doesn't work with anything that isn't robots. The Chima ultrabuilds look like big robots with random animal faces in my opinion. And Superhero ultrabuilds look even worse.

And I don't know why everybody's hating these knights, I actually loved them :look: And they had a lot of great parts for Bionicle MOCs.

Edited by Voxovan

If it'd get me armor pieces with studs on it for building, yes! :laugh:

I loved the KKII line, even though they had those awful asymmetrical ratchet joints.

Though, to be honest, rather than a strictly Castle line, I'd rather see Lego make a line of CCBS with each non-licensed system represented. So you'll have like a Castle figure (with parts to make one of the characters in that style, be it a knight, king/queen, etc.), then one to represent Space, City, Ninjago, and so on. Maybe using the XT-4 torso to keep them that minifig-style.

while i liked them a bit when they were out, the system sets that became more and more popular featuring those characters were nicer purchases in my opinion. if they went the route of design like HF it might seem a little off since the knights, at least in the previous line, were human and the HF bodies and builds generally lack human proportions and appear more mechanical in nature. but if they could make the design work, i think it'd be pretty cool (especially if they devoted time to the story behind the characters and towards the plot, to create something that stands a bit more apart from their other knight lines). and making them easier to customize than in the past would be a bonus. (oh and purple)

I have no idea what you mean about the proportions. Knights' Kingdom II figures honestly had VERY similar proportions to a lot of CCBS builds, such as CHI Laval or Bulk. And the proportions are in fact MORE exaggerated than some Hero Factory sets (Knights' Kingdom figures' lower arms were consistently downright puny compared to their upper arms, since the fist was integrated with the lower arm). The one chief difference is that Knights' Kingdom II figures typically had ankles placed lower on the foot (something I often wish was the case with more constraction foot designs, to be perfectly honest).

Edited by Aanchir

I liked series one a lot more because the armoring was more technic based than series 2's. They did offer a nice change in aesthetics. So I'm with a few others like Chro, for parts, yeah, especially if they don't use that annoying ratcheting system and use the system with ball and socket parts instead, and if they make more technic style attaching armor, weapons and helmets. I liked that some of them could be attached via an axle in the back. I got Vladek's mask specifically for a MOC, only to find out it didn't have that feature, So I was a little annoyed.