MKJoshA

Episode VI: Bounty Hunter Hunt

shadowsofeurobricks_titlecard.png

14747104334_52cb1f43f7_c.jpg

blogicon.pngblogicon.pngblogicon.png

Rebels

9443651091_7000fdbb37_o.png

av-rebelofficer.png

Rebel Soldier: Sir, we have some important information the intelligence agents have decrypted from the data given us by the Bothans.

av-piranhayellow.png

Rebel Leader: Have you decrypted all of the information already?

av-rebelofficer.png

Rebel Soldier: No, but some of the information we have been able to decipher gives us the flight plan for Boba Fett after he left Cloud City.

av-piranhayellow.png

Rebel Leader: Holy flying alphabet letters! This could mean the recovery of Han Solo! We must get some of our men on this right away!

av-rebelofficer.png

Rebel Soldier: Yes, sir! But sir? What if Boba Fett isn't on any of the planets on the flight plan? He could have changed it or the data we have might be inaccurate.

av-piranhayellow.png

Rebel Leader: The information we got from the Bothan’s is 100% accurate! Didn’t you hear that many of them died to get us this information? That means Boba Fett has to be on one of these planets. Our men will just have to keep checking to make sure they haven’t missed him.

Imperials

9436544921_a4f2874ef4_o.png

av-navaltrooper.png

Imperial Trooper: Sir, I have just received this message from Lord Vader.

av-erdbeereis.png

Captain Erdbeereis: Yes, what does he command?

av-navaltrooper.png

Imperial Trooper: He wants us to deliver his “thank you” card to Boba Fett.

av-erdbeereis.png

Captain Erdbeereis: What! Doesn’t Lord Vader realize that we are an important ship in this fleet and not a currier barge?

av-navaltrooper.png

Imperial Trooper: He also said that we could deliver the card to Boba Fett, or we could deliver it to the Wampas on Hoth.

av-erdbeereis.png

Captain Erdbeereis: Very well, make some copies of Lord Vader’s “thank you” card and get some of our men together for delivery duty.

av-navaltrooper.png

Imperial Trooper: What if they don’t find him right away?

av-erdbeereis.png

Captain Erdbeereis: The more men we have on each planet the more likely we are to run into him. Now, disperse the troops!

Unknowingly both the Rebel Alliance and the Empire set out along the same hyperspace routes. The flight plan that Boba Fett filed said he would fly from Bespin to Fondor first, then on to Ord Mantell, next stop by Felucia and refuel at Mon Calamari before heading to Bothawui which was the last planet on his flight plan though not his final destination.

14382175460_c6726b1420_c.jpg

av-stormtrooper.png

"Look Sir! Droids!"

av-stormtrooper.png

"How in the world did you figure out there was a droid here by one tiny piece of metal!? It could have come from a speeder or a Twi'lek Jedi's lightsaber for all we know! And besides, we are looking for Boba Fett, not droids."

14545768686_e90ed74811_c.jpg

14563068247_26362a627e_t.jpg

"Look, a bounty hunter!"

av-piranhapilotyellow.png

"That's not the bounty hunter we're looking for."

For ideas of what each planet looks like see the Star Wars Planet Bios. For those looking for a quick answer here is a cheat-sheet:

Fondor: Industrial Centers, Factories and Ship Yards

Ord Mantell: Junkyards

Felucia: Psychedelic Forests

Mon Calamari: Water… and More Water

Bothawui: Farms and Information Centers

Scoring:

The winning team will be the team who gets the most points like usual. Though this time there are 2 ways to earn points for your team:

. Earn points through your entries. You can earn a maximum of 10 points per entry. There will be only 1 round of judging for each entry. All points earned by each participant will count towards their team's overall score.

. Earn points by being the team with the most troops on the ground. The first player to build on each of the five planets earns 5 points for his/her team. However, whenever the opposing team has more troops on the planet they in turn gain 5 additional points for their team. This is done by having more total entries on a planet than the other team. Points are awarded when the team with fewer entries matches the number of entries of the opposing team, and then builds 1 more. For example, if the Imperials build the first entry on Mon Calamari then they score 5 points and have the most troops on the planet. However, if the Rebels build 2 entries on Mon Calamari before the Imperials build any more, then they have the most troops on the planet and they earn 5 points. This does not cause the Imperials to lose their points. Each team would then have 5 points with the opportunity to earn more. Another example, if the Imperials have 3 builds on Felucia, for the Rebels to have more troops on the planet they have to 4 total entries for Felucia. If they only enter 3 total builds then the Empire has the advantage because they were there first and the Rebels have not earned the 5 points. This then gives the Empire the chance to add more troops by entering more builds to prevent the Rebels from earning the 5 points. There is no limit to the number of times a planet can change hands for which team has the most troops on the ground. Each time a planet changes hands, the points are added onto the existing points for the appropriate team. Points for having the most troops on each planet will be updated often throughout the contest.

The Rules:

. All rules in the
topic apply unless otherwise stated in this explanation.

. The
Empire's goal
is to depict their troops trying to deliver the “thank you” note to Boba Fett or finding out that he has already moved on to a different planet.

. The
Alliance's goal
is to depict a scene showing their troops trying to track down Boba Fett and finding out that he has already moved on to a different planet.

. Each team member will be allowed to enter
multiple entries
for this contest. The number of entries will depend on your rank. Each player may only enter 1 entry per planet regardless of how many entries they are allowed. For example, someone with 4 allowed entries cannot build all 4 on Fondor.

- ​Players with 0-10 XP: 2 entries

- Players with 11-25 XP: 3 entries

- Players with 26-50 XP: 4 entries

- Players with 51-200 XP: 5 entries

. There will be a
16x16 base size limitation
with allowance for reasonable overhang for each entry. If there are any doubts about what counts as “reasonable” contact one of the SoNE admins.

. Remember to make your entry
appropriate to your rank and goal
. For this contest there are some variations from the Core Rules:
The judges will award a score from 1-10, with a '1' being "Minifig on a Plate", a '5' being "Your Average MOC" and a '10' being "Flawless Concept and Execution".
All entries will add points to their team’s overall score, however, since players are allowed multiple entries, only the two highest scoring entries of each builder will add points to the player's XP count. The amount of points you earn for that entry is also the amount of XP your character earns. Therefore, the most XP a player can earn for himself from this contest is 20 XP.

. The Episode will run from
August 8th
to September
24th
As long as it is still Sept 24th somewhere in the world, you can still enter.

. Entries posted after the deadline will be disqualified from the episode and will not be eligible to receive points or XP.

. This episode/contest is open to all players of
Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka
, even if they joined EB or signed up for the game after the episode has begun, with the exception of the Star Wars staff, who are not eligible to win XP or prizes; the EB admins and moderators, who are not eligible to win prizes but may earn XP; and the episode host, who is not eligible to win prizes but may earn XP.

. All entries must be
new creations
, not posted anywhere else prior to being entered in the episode. You may be asked by a staff member to change your entry if it is too similar to an earlier creation.

. All entries must be built from
real LEGO or with Lego Digital Designer
. No clone brands, no third-party custom parts.

. All entries must be posted as a new topic in the Watto's Junkyard subforum, the title
prefixed by, "[soNE Ep. 6]"
. (For example, "[soNE Ep. 6] Boba Fett Gets Too Many Thank You Cards".)

. Post pictures no larger than 1000x720, as specified in the EB Member Guidelines.

. You may do a 'full-blown photo edit' with all the text, effects, background compositing, support erasing, and other effects on
one
picture. All your other pictures may have no editing other than color adjustment or background removal for a solid-color background. For obvious reasons, any photo editing that changes the shape, functionality, or color (not tint or adjustment, but actual color) of a LEGO piece is prohibited.

. All entries are considered
WIPs (Works In Progress)
until the deadline passes. Until the deadline has passed, you are allowed to change and improve your MOC.
However,
due to the time sensitivity of this contest your entry will be disqualified if the judges deem that you have abused this rule. Improving your build will be allow, entering a “minifig-on-a-plate” to have the most troops on a planet and then improving your entry later to earn more XP will not be tolerated.

The Prizes:

. All the players
on the winning team
will receive this
tag
15159557990_91fe930fae_o.png
to commemorate their victory (NOTE: this tag is a work in progress and may change). You can only have one of these tags or one of the Community Build tags at a time, but a log will be kept of all the tags you've earned in your profile in the Characters topic.

. The player who receives the
most total individual points
, regardless of team, is guaranteed a spot among the next set of the blog's
Showcased MOC
s. (This member must still be able to provide a picture big enough and of suitable quality to be used in the Showcased banner.)

. You will receive
XP equal to the number of points
you are awarded from the judges for your 2 highest entries.

. The player with the highest points on the winning team will win
75034 Death Star Troopers.
The player with the highest points on the losing team will win
his/her choice of one Microfighter set

Current Standings

Most Troops (updated 9/24)

Fondor

Empire: 5 - 5 XP gained

Rebels: 7 - 5 XP gained

Ord Mantell

Empire: 11 - 5 XP gained

Rebels: 12 - 5 XP gained

Felucia

Empire: 7 - 5 XP gained

Rebels: 11 - 5 XP gained

Mon Calamari

Empire: 9 - 5 XP gained

Rebels: 8

Bothawui

Empire: 11 - 10 XP gained

Rebels: 10 - 5 XP gained
Edited by MKJoshA

Sweet this episode rocks. Greta job MK. Will have to join before the episode is over.

Edit: Will it be allowed to have the Rebels and the Empire clash while searching for Boba Fett?

Edited by lego3364

Edit: Will it be allowed to have the Rebels and the Empire clash while searching for Boba Fett?

As long as you fulfill the requirements of your team you can do it however you'd like :grin: A clash between Rebels and Imperials would certainly be allowed as long as you also show your team trying to locate Boba Fett. Though, I will say, I designed this contest with the idea of not emphasizing that conflict.

I want that tag and my first 10 XP! I'll work my patucus off for this one!

As long as you build more than you post, go for it!

As long as you fulfill the requirements of your team you can do it however you'd like :grin: A clash between Rebels and Imperials would certainly be allowed as long as you also show your team trying to locate Boba Fett. Though, I will say, I designed this contest with the idea of not emphasizing that conflict.

Ok thanks that's good to know I was thinking of a small skirmish.

Hi markus, there isn't any height restriction unless MKJoshA feels that one should be enforced. So the sky is the limit, in theory (structural stability permitting! :wink:)

First of all, congratulations MKJoshA on your promotion! I just hope you'll keep the amazing building up.

Well, you've already given us an amazing episode (why are the even episodes always the most interesting?). I like the fact that there will be a lot of small builds, although I will have a hard time commenting on them all. Must... write...fewer...words :cry3: . And wait, there are actual prizes in this one (not that I hope to win one, because we have some unbeatable members here)? And it is interesting that now we have an episode where everyone will post their builds as soon as possible, instead of in episode IV.

The only drawback of this episode is that the potential to tell stories is a bit less than in the previous ones. But I'll write myself a way out, I guess.

One final question. To me it seems there's a slight inconsistency in the rules. Point 6 in the "Rules" section states that only the best build of a player will be scored, so the maximum amount of attainable points in this episode will be 10 XP. Point 3 in the "Prizes" section mentions that the top two entries of each participant will be awarded as XP, so for a maximum of 20 XP. I'd prefer the last to be true, to keep this episode in line with the previous ones.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a nice episode. I hope the size limit will draw in a lot of new members!

Incredible! This really is a fun episode. I love the idea of allowing multiple entries! Not sure about the XP. On one side 20 would be closer to prevoius episodes, but I think 10 is a better idea, since we're already running out of ranks ;) The size limit is also a great idea and I guess that will alow us some incredible entries. The who comes first rule is a bit so, so and encourages fast (less detailed) builds. The taking over is a nice idea yet still I think 5 points for that is a bit much. I guess 2 or 3 would be enough, but that's just me. The only major complaint is the time limit. I know it's the same as for previous episodes, but it's still hollidays time and presuming everyone is allowed at least two entries a bit more time would be welcome. For a nicely detailed 16x16 build there's not much less time needed as for some a little bigger MOCs :) Oh, and the plot on the Imperial side is a bit funny, but as long as we have a reason to build, it works ;)

Congrats MKJoshA for the host spot and for what seems to be a really great episode!

Edited by MstrOfPppts

Great episode! I think this one is the best one yet.

It sais that the entries are limited to 16x16. Is there a one stud border allowed or not?

Hi markus, there isn't any height restriction unless MKJoshA feels that one should be enforced. So the sky is the limit, in theory (structural stability permitting! :wink:)

As Lobot said, no height restriction. Go for it!

First of all, congratulations MKJoshA on your promotion! I just hope you'll keep the amazing building up.

Well, you've already given us an amazing episode (why are the even episodes always the most interesting?). I like the fact that there will be a lot of small builds, although I will have a hard time commenting on them all. Must... write...fewer...words :cry3: . And wait, there are actual prizes in this one (not that I hope to win one, because we have some unbeatable members here)? And it is interesting that now we have an episode where everyone will post their builds as soon as possible, instead of in episode IV.

The only drawback of this episode is that the potential to tell stories is a bit less than in the previous ones. But I'll write myself a way out, I guess.

One final question. To me it seems there's a slight inconsistency in the rules. Point 6 in the "Rules" section states that only the best build of a player will be scored, so the maximum amount of attainable points in this episode will be 10 XP. Point 3 in the "Prizes" section mentions that the top two entries of each participant will be awarded as XP, so for a maximum of 20 XP. I'd prefer the last to be true, to keep this episode in line with the previous ones.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a nice episode. I hope the size limit will draw in a lot of new members!

Thank you BEAVeR! I do intend to get a freebuild or two in while this contest is running, thought I'll be a lot busier keeping an eye on things with the contest so I know I won't be able to get 4 cranked out! I hope that you will find a way to get your comments out there, fewer words or not :tongue: I know I have always appreciated your feedback on my builds.

As for prizes, YES! There are prizes this time! (And about time too :grin:) Regarding your rule question, let me get back to you on it. I know what I had intended as the rule, but since I have an inconsistency let me look it over before making a final decision.

Incredible! This really is a fun episode. I love the idea of allowing multiple entries! Not sure about the XP. On one side 20 would be closer to prevoius episodes, but I think 10 is a better idea, since we're already running out of ranks ;) The size limit is also a great idea and I guess that will alow us some incredible entries. The who comes first rule is a bit so, so and encourages fast (less detailed) builds. The taking over is a nice idea yet still I think 5 points for that is a bit much. I guess 2 or 3 would be enough, but that's just me. The only major complaint is the time limit. I know it's the same as for previous episodes, but it's still hollidays time and presuming everyone is allowed at least two entries a bit more time would be welcome. For a nicely detailed 16x16 build there's not much less time needed as for some a little bigger MOCs :) Oh, and the plot on the Imperial side is a bit funny, but as long as we have a reason to build, it works ;)

Congrats MKJoshA for the host spot and for what seems to be a really great episode!

Thanks MstrOfPppts! I feel very privileged to be running a SoNE contest! And it's exciting to see so many people as excited about it as I am :grin: I realize that the first entries for each planet will be built in more of a hurry, but I'm hoping that after that the teams will take some more time on each entry and coordinate when to post them. As for the silliness of the Empire's goal, I figured something a little more light-hearted would be good after all that Ewok slaughtering! And regarding the end date for the contest. I think that as we get closer to the deadline, if there are a lot of people who still want more time then we can extend it. We can look at that again closer to the end of August I think.

It sais that the entries are limited to 16x16. Is there a one stud border allowed or not?

Technically your border should fit within the 16x16 limit. If you are building a SNOT border there will be some flexibility with this, but if it's regular studs-up-bricks then it should fit the 16x16.

Hi,

I have one question: I have build a MOC on Mon Calamari.Do I build a MOC on Bothawui or can I build a MOC on the other planets?Do I have to follow the order of the planets?

KevFett2011

I hope you understand my question.

Hi,

I have one question: I have build a MOC on Mon Calamari.Do I build a MOC on Bothawui or can I build a MOC on the other planets?Do I have to follow the order of the planets?

KevFett2011

I hope you understand my question.

Yes, your question makes sense. You can build on any other planet now. You don't have to follow the order of the flight plan. You just can't build on Mon Calamari any more :classic:

Thank you for your answer ut I have already build another MOC.On Bothawui :laugh: I have follow the flight plan of Boba :wink:

KevFett2011

I like the entries so far and we Imperials have a good amount of entries up! I think we have this one.

Also, if I am to make a Bounty Hunter that works for Boba Fett, could he be wearing this?

Also, if I am to make a Bounty Hunter that works for Boba Fett, could he be wearing this?

Your minifigs can be wearing anything you want. Just keep in mind that if you use, say, a Paradisa torso and put Boba's head on, it's not exactly something that will give you points in judging. :wink:

I like the entries so far and we Imperials have a good amount of entries up! I think we have this one.

The rebels are just taking the time and making their builds perfect. :wink:

Edited by lego3364

Your minifigs can be wearing anything you want. Just keep in mind that if you use, say, a Paradisa torso and put Boba's head on, it's not exactly something that will give you points in judging. :wink:

I was not thinking about doing that but that would be funny!

The rebels are just taking the time and making their builds perfect. :wink:

Now that's a bit over-exaggerated. Nothing can be quite perfect, there's always that one little flaw in just about every build but it's so little, it doesn't matter. But we Imperials so have this because we're awesome! :purrr:

One more question, since we're allowed to build multiple entries, does one's character have to be in all of them or can our troops do some work for us (for the higher ranks)?

Just 2 questions, I presume we are still allowed our 4 freebuild slots on top of our main entries, and can we continue our search for Boba in them? And if we get xp for the freebuilds, will that mean we could build on more planets for the episode? (if we got enough xp to build on another planet?)

Nearly forgot to say, another great episode, thanks!

Edited by Lord Tyrus

One more question, since we're allowed to build multiple entries, does one's character have to be in all of them or can our troops do some work for us (for the higher ranks)?

Man MP, you ask all the hard questions :laugh: Let me get back to you on that one too.

Just 2 questions, I presume we are still allowed our 4 freebuild slots on top of our main entries, and can we continue our search for Boba in them? And if we get xp for the freebuilds, will that mean we could build on more planets for the episode? (if we got enough xp to build on another planet?)

You are still allowed the 4 freebuilds starting from now to the start of Ep.7. You can, but are not required to search for Boba in them. If you do earn XP while the contest is running and it causes you to gain a rank then yes, you will be allowed to build that extra entry your new rank would afford you.

Man MP, you ask all the hard questions :laugh: Let me get back to you on that one too.

You are still allowed the 4 freebuilds starting from now to the start of Ep.7. You can, but are not required to search for Boba in them. If you do earn XP while the contest is running and it causes you to gain a rank then yes, you will be allowed to build that extra entry your new rank would afford you.

Fantastic, thanks! I already built a freebuild but I wasn't sure whether it would be allowed or not.

Edited by Lord Tyrus