Hello!

I recently saw the movie "Into the Wild", and was greatly impressed. Coincidentally, at about the same time, the competition was announced, and therefore it was decided to make work for this film. My MOC takes 3rd place.

Christopher Johnson McCandless (February 12, 1968 – August 1992) was an American hiker who adopted the alias Alexander Supertramp and ventured into the Alaskan wilderness in April 1992 with little food and equipment, hoping to live simply for a time in solitude. Almost four months later, McCandless's starved remains were found, weighing only 67 pounds (30 kg). His death occurred in a converted bus used as a backcountry shelter, near Lake Wentitika in Denali National Park and Preserve.

In January 1993, Jon Krakauer published McCandless's story in that month's issue of Outside magazine. Inspired by the details of McCandless's story, Krakauer wrote and published Into the Wild in 1996 about McCandless's travels. The book was adapted into a film by Sean Penn in 2007 with Emile Hirsch portraying McCandless. That same year, McCandless's story also became the subject of Ron Lamothe's documentary The Call of the Wild.

A full-length article on McCandless also appeared in the February 8, 1993 issue of the The New Yorker magazine.

14859615704_c09842e4b5_c.jpgThe Magic Bus by inquisitor88, on Flickr

14859615854_e14d0abec8_c.jpgInside by inquisitor88, on Flickr

14859004141_190030a18b_c.jpg02 by inquisitor88, on Flickr

14675549677_0e0bdaee1a_c.jpg04 by inquisitor88, on Flickr

14859615584_74c6c82a80_c.jpg03 by inquisitor88, on Flickr

14859615304_d121fc93f5_c.jpg05 by inquisitor88, on Flickr

14675461448_91f1b6bbfe_c.jpg06 by inquisitor88, on Flickr

Full set is here:

Hope You like it, enjoy! :classic:

Edited by inquisitor88

Very nice, both the inside and outside capture the bus very well!

You've done a really good job on the bus! I like how you've transitioned from 8-wide to 6-wide.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Awesome! Love the interior and how you have done the doors.

Thanks guys!

Bus turned out pretty great and the area around it is not good detailed - there was no place for trees and grass, because the rules of Contest assumed only 32*32 scale. So seems that bus placed on the field, but it's more like trampled land.

Love that bus! Sand green is lovely. I graduated from uni in Fairbanks in the Seventies and could have taken that very bus #142 around town. If I remember, the buses used the school colors of blue and gold/yellow, which are on the state flag as well. Not having viewed the film, I am not sure what color bus they used. I camped inside Denali many times seeing lots of wild animals. It is a very special National Park which holds a special place in the hearts of most Alaskans.

The only changes I would make would be plants/skinny trees/bushes and trash (empty cans and boxes and broken carts and appliances of all kinds) surrounding the bus with a few animals as well. The Park is full of fox, caribou, moose, squirrels, rabbits, lynx, bear, beavers, birds of all kind from eagles to ravens, at different times of the year. There are lots of blueberries in the Park, and most folks fry fish for dinner. So blueberry cobbler/pie might be on the counter and fish bones on the ground or smoked fish hanging on racks. If this was after his death, there could be a skeleton parts all over as the bears really tear up the remains.

it would be hard to show much of this in the limited space, but that is what might surround the bus. Again a wonderful build!

Very nice!! The interior looks great and the bus design is spot on... interesting story behind it too!!

Excellent work!!