In and around Shadowmere, there are many fountains of a sinister nature. Beneath Shadowmere, in immeasurable caverns there are vast lakes of blood drained from unfortunate victims. This blood is enchanted and takes on a life of its own, swaying columns of freestanding blood ever moving towards the ceilings of the caverns. The blood forces its way though the rock, and bubbles to the surface. Most of the points at which the blood breaks the surfaces have had fountains built upon them. An industry of sorts has grown up around the thousands of such fountains of Shadowmere- blood wine. Shadowmere, prior to the emergence of the Black Spire, was one of the largest manufacturers and suppliers of Blood Wine in Historica. The production still continues, largely due to the unceasing labour of the undead bottlers, and awaits a more favourable economic climate.

14664804910_ed24b65626_c.jpg

A small fountain, typical of a freeholding in Shadowmere. From the back, a Shkyklyk overseer exits the small toolshed.

14664807630_51a4d75bef_c.jpg

An orcish worker uses an enchanted goblet to transfer the blood to the nearby barrel- making blood wine is a laborious task, steeped with tradition and strange arcane rituals.

14664876848_d48ae6e980_c.jpg

For example, each day, the fresh blood must be tasted and blessed by a member of a particular orcish tribe, which are accorded ranking higher than would be the norm- here Gruzag Wineswiller, in all his finery (he sits upon the Council of Shadowmere as the head of Commerce), sips from a glass of blood taken directly from the fountain.

14871381563_2e9006e743_c.jpg

Whilst Scarecroicus (in his new day job), stirs and presses the blood with the femur of a six and half year old baby Bald Blueback dragon.

So an entry for HSS: Agriculture. I hope it fits, I've been struggling to come up with an idea, but I hit upon the idea of blood wine, and it kinda stuck. Just a small one for this! C+C welcome!

Very cool little build. I love the idea of a pinch-faced old orcish winetaster.

Always interesting to see more of Nocturnus fleshed out :thumbup:

My favorite parts of this build are the weather vane and cobblestones :classic:

Creepy and funny together xDD Great job LV... I really like fountain!

I really like how you've "fleshed" out the back-story of each of your characters. Your council is growing larger by the day! You'll have to show us a build with all the members gathered together!

Very cool build! The way you've done the fountain using the light saber piece is great, and the weather vane is really nice! Great figs too!

Nice little build! I like that wine blood fountain :thumbup:.

Thanks guys!

I really like how you've "fleshed" out the back-story of each of your characters. Your council is growing larger by the day! You'll have to show us a build with all the members gathered together!

That's going to be my administrative build when I get to town level with HSS!

good work and your kitbash on the minifig is absolut nice!

Thumps up rebel scum :wink:

markus

Very cool winery!! But the most amazing part is the weather vane!! So nice!!!