TechniChriS

Edison - fun robotics for tomorrow's inventors!

Can you remove wheels?

There's a pic w/o the wheels at the bottom of the Kickstarter page.

But I can see no front wheel or ball? Is it sliding on the light sensor cover or am I missing something?

It has a Freescale Microcontroller (ARM), good choice, affordable and powerful.

Cos from my point of view, and for what I've seen so far, Mindstorm it's more based on "softwares, programming, electronics" applied on simple technic/non technic models, and most of the time for "explorating and learning porpouse", suck as studentish things. Techinic designer/players prefer to have a "ontime" controls of the functions, rather than programming a machine that does it for you. Plus the way of thinking it's completely dfifferent, we have motors, LA actuators, and funcions. So an INPUT, a mechanism and a movement. Pure technic and mechanical, it's there, you can see it. Where programming or telling a software to move your creations sounds like if there is a line between you and the model.

Hopefully makes sense.

I understand that. At some point in the late nineties, shortly before I grew up and had a long break from Lego, I got that green barcode truck. 8479 code pilot thing. I'm sure I've used the parts, but I never really liked the code pilot thing that much. I don't think it was programmable with functions other than the barcodes that were printed, making it next to impossible to incorporate it into a MOC.

This Edision-thing looks pretty cool though. I won't buy it however. I would have to pay €20 tax to customs for importing this into my country.

Edited by W3ird_N3rd