GuyDudeMan27

[WIP] Re-Creating Sleepers E-Wing

Hi Guys! Today I've decided to share with you my very first LDD project, re-creating Sleepers E-wing. I absolutely love the E-Wing as a starfighter, and Sleepers lego version captures it perfectly. So far, I have managed to make the nose, body, and wings, leaving just the engines and smaller wings left, along with some other fine tuning. Really, I've hit a wall and can't continue. My main issue is the how to connect the smallest wing and gun. My current iteration has the wing connected to the gun, and that connected to the engine, which snaps underneath the wing. This isn't perfected yet, leaving it in pieces. If any one has suggestions of tips, they would be appreciated. :blush:

14824471586_1dd809aefa_z.jpgWIP E-Wing by GuyDudeMan27, on Flickr

Here is a close up of the engine, gun and wing connection. This is the most problematic part.

14847503495_4e16a9576c_z.jpgE-Wing engine close up by GuyDudeMan27, on Flickr

Why not check out the instructions for Jek-14's Stealth Starfighter for ideas on breaching that wall? It's the only official "E-wing" we're likely to get...

Why not check out the instructions for Jek-14's Stealth Starfighter for ideas on breaching that wall? It's the only official "E-wing" we're likely to get...

I've tried that. They are similar but not the same. That one used snap plates, but this one doesn't (I'm pretty sure). If you look at the original, the side wings are almost perfectly connected to the main wing, with virtually no gap. Hopefully sleeper can help me out. He was on earlier today...

Hey,

indeed, it looks good so far.. ;)

Nice that you like my E-wing. I have made some Pic to help you on the engines. If you need more help, let me know. ;)

kzPV2Y.jpg

T5olUj.jpg

I have created it in real bricks, and i have see, that it need a lot of improvements.

btw. here is the ldd file.. ;)

Best regards

$leeper

Edit: Sorry that i havn't helped you on "my own" topic, but haven't read your request until just this minute.

Edited by Sleeper

*oh2* Thanks so much! I can finally build one! This is definitely going to be my one of my new projects! Oh, and congrats on becoming a vassal. :wink:

Hi everyone ! The link to the LDD file is dead, could someone reupload it ? I really love this E-Wing and would like to build it.

Thanks a lot :-)

Hi everyone ! The link to the LDD file is dead, could someone reupload it ? I really love this E-Wing and would like to build it.

Thanks a lot :-)

I'd love to but I'm on vacation... I'll be back tomorrow so if someone else doesn't post it I will. I built this guy and I really like it. It fits in with my other rebel fighters perfectly. I managed to build mine entirely from spare parts. Also, just a tip, you might want to replace the dbg 6.6 bar with just a 6 bar. They are crazy expensive on BL. I'll also post some pics when I get home.

Thank you, pictures will be much appreciated ! I'd really like it to fit with my other rebel fighters.

I'm just not sure about the front of the ship. It seems to be white on this picture :

Ewing_negvv.jpg

It is also white on this MOC i find on Deviant Art :

new_republic_frei_tek_e_wing_starfighter_01_by_wingzero_01_custom-d5t4yrg.jpg

But it's grey on Sleeper's one.

What do you think ?

Well, there are two 'versions' if you will, of the E-Wing. The one you linked is the smoother version, and the other is a bit more angular and in line with the X-Wing. Sleepers version is kind of a mix, but more so the latter version. I quite like it with the grey nose. White would probably look good as well, but you'd need to reconstruct the nose a little.

You're right, there are two versions according to http://starwars.wiki...ort_starfighter The first one from Dark Empire (with dark nose and smooth transition into the hull) and the second one from an Essential Guide.

I can't wait to build it ! I think I will try to add a famous pilot, maybe MOC of Corran Horn :wub:

Edited by Gimli

I finally got around to making an infinity sweep, so here are some pics of the E-wing. This is my first attempt using an infinity sweep, so any suggestions are appreciated. I've made some subtle mods, mainly the guns and the landing gear. I've also attached the LFX since the other doesn't appear to work. You can get it here. If you do build, it I'd like to see it! Enjoy!

15900758965_3fb3407755_c.jpgSleeper's E-Wing Starfighter by GuyDudeMan27, on Flickr

Edited by GuyDudeMan27

It looks so great, thank you so much ! Can't wait to see it next to my A-Wing and Y-Wing :wub_drool: I'm a big Expanded Universe fan, this ship remembers me a lot of souvenirs.

Unfortunately, I use a Mac and don't have a PC so I can't use LDD Manager. Do you know a way to create a XML from your LXF without using LDD Manager ? Someone told me that he had problems with Brickulus.

Of course, if I build it - and hope I will find a way - I'll show you :classic:

It looks so great, thank you so much ! Can't wait to see it next to my A-Wing and Y-Wing :wub_drool: I'm a big Expanded Universe fan, this ship remembers me a lot of souvenirs.

Unfortunately, I use a Mac and don't have a PC so I can't use LDD Manager. Do you know a way to create a XML from your LXF without using LDD Manager ? Someone told me that he had problems with Brickulus.

Of course, if I build it - and hope I will find a way - I'll show you :classic:

I mainly use LDD manager, but I also use BrickUtils, which does the same thing. I'm not sure if that works on mac, but you could always check the LDD forum for other software. I think you can find it in the general directory over there. I could generate one for you (without a wanted list id) and PM it to you, but you need 10 posts to gain access to the PM feature. I hope I helped you out :laugh:

I'm sure there is a way to do it, that is less labor intensive, but.....

First I upload the LXF file to Rebrickable, than, if I need to, I export the BSX file to Brickstore.

Brickstore doesn't allow LDD or LXF files, just MPD/ LDR from Ldraw/ MLCAD. But, Rebrickable is/ can be problematic if you have to fix alot of errors.

So, try to upload the LXF to Rebrickable. If all the parts have the correct part numbers and colors, your good to go. But, if there are errors that need fixing, try exporting it.

Another thing I like about Brickstore vs. Rebrickable, is I can get an estimate on how much it is to build a model.

Hope this helps, Jamie

Hi guys ! Thank you for your help, it works well with BrickUtils. I will buy the pieces as soon as possible (it's my first Brick Link order, I will take the time to do it well).