FishHead

Fire Brigade - Alternates?

I suspect many of you are like me and purchased an extra Fire Brigade just because they were available for soooo long. Has anyone built an alternate model using just the parts from the Fire Brigade? I think that could be a fun little contest. I keep thinking it might made a decent school, library, or even re-purposed-into-apartments building. Any thoughts?

It just hurts too much to break the seal on a retired set. Especially when I'm unsure of what I'm going to build once the seal is broken.

I bought only 1 set cos I think it doesn't deserve more than 1...:-).

I saw via Google many different builds you might want to search...

Cheers

Most of those alternate builds are those wonderful (sarcastic) 16 wide flat front whatevers. What a waste of a FB. On a positive note, Mugen's (link in previous post) looks outstanding ('outstanding'......one of many words that can be used instead of 'awesome').

Does Mugen have instructions for his alternate models? Some them looks awesome, especially the ones for Town Hall.

Not that I've ever seen, unfortunately. Not on his Brickshelf gallery at least.

Too bad. They are way too complex to build based on the pictures alone.

Edited by bjorn77

My first MoC was done using only the pieces of FB (not really outstanding though..)and I also have built the one from Brick City Depot, much much better!

Here you can see both in the same row:

8704619051_0d5972b136_c.jpg

Edited by SwissBrick

I bought a 2nd (and then a 3rd..for no reason) Fire Brigade as it was on sale (I know, bizarre) and I added a 2nd bay to my current one. The interior is a bit sparse, but I'm really happy having a fire house with 2 bays :).

ada18b9a002811e3a98422000aa80fc9_7.jpg

Danpb......really nice work. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you :). It was a really fun project.

Has anyone built an alternate model using just the parts from the Fire Brigade?

I made one alternative building a while ago before I joined EB. I think it's always a challenge to use one set and make an alternative building, but somehow this was the only time I tried it. I tried to use as much bricks as possible, so I kept a similar style to FB.

6038654226_15760070b1_z.jpg

It just hurts too much to break the seal on a retired set. Especially when I'm unsure of what I'm going to build once the seal is broken.

You can always do it with your first/main FB (it is what is Lego is made for, after all)

If you do not like it, you rebuild the FB

If you really like it, you keep it that way and you have a good reason to open the second box: to rebuild the original FB

Say Danpb, did you have a lot of parts left over after building that two-bay firehouse? It looks very nice! All of these other alternates are rather cool, too. I think I may be inspired!