TheRedViper

Avalonia Task 4: Fishery

The people of Ironhedge rely heavily on their fisheries, not only for food, but also for valuable trading resources. Most of the men who work on these fisheries are content to live out their working lives on these sites, however, some of the workers aspire to fight for Avalonia one day, and hone their spear throwing skills whilst working. After all, they never truly know when they might need them...

14652104517_237c015494_d.jpg

14652014869_4023a24076_d.jpg

I dig this. Is the border with its varying colors meant to convey banded sediment layers? If not, you may want to put a border around builds this size just to increase the quality of the presentation.

Good start! There's already a good amount of details in it :thumbup:. As for advice, try to add some more plants on the ground if you have any left.

Brick on!

Great MOC and spear fishing is awesome! :thumbup:

I agree with mccoyed about the borders around it to give it a more professional look.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I will look to try and get a border on my next build of this size.

Edited by TheRedViper

Nice work! The build look very good, and I especially like the shot from behind the spearfisher. One small recommendation is to use http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?colorID=8&itemID=17756

piece or something similar to make the shoreline more natural , if u have on of those type of pieces.

Also the water looks slightly static, which could benifit from some more clear or clear light blue round 1times 1 plates( if u have the extra pieces to use).

A very nice start at landscaping. I like the rockwork and the different colors beneath the surface really convey rock layers. If I were to offer a bit of advice however, I would make the tree taller to make it look less blocky and short in comparison to the minifig.

Good work RedViper, awesome to see you throwing yourself in the ring with some solid builds. Nice to see a quiet village scene as well. You've got a great lead on landscaping but the others above made some good points about adding a border (whether decorative or a natural, irregular style) and doing a little more work to the stream. I think covering it in trans blue and dark blue round plates would really add to the scene. In any case, I look forward to seeing more contributions from you dude!