Sign in to follow this  
LegoJalex

MOC: Closed food store

A closed food store, that either has been closed for the day or for good. I wanted in this model to try and build in a scale between minifig scale and micro scale. The "Food store" sign and "open daily" sign are custom made.

14788614256_d0f6d60286_z.jpg

Edited by LegoJalex

I really like this. Although I don't live in the USA, I''ve always liked the feel of dislocation, and loneliness represented by diners and food stores (supermarkets) and the like. The more so if they are closed/abandoned , the Detroit vibe I suppose. The details here are nifty. Particarly the roof with the chillers and air con plant on top.

I love this design; the fact that it's too small for minifig scale and too large for micro makes it pretty much stand on its own, though. It can't really be fitted in a Modular town, city or Micropolis.

Very creative, though!

Keep putting those bricks together!

Edited by Withacee

It looks good! It's an interesting scale you've chosen. I like it - we should call it LegoJalex scale!

I really like this scale, not enough people build in it and it reminds me of LEGO's old days when they had small buildings and Matchbox like cars. It's really nice.

Awesome grocery store! I like the use of the dark tan brick pieces and the air conditioners on the roof! :thumbup:

Really Nice. The size of the building reminds me of my youth when Mom would take me to the grocery after visiting the produce market and the butcher. Wonderful days prior to the onslaught of super sized stores invading out communities and putting all the local business out.

Thanks for all your comments! It is really nice to read them! :classic:

I really like this scale, not enough people build in it and it reminds me of LEGO's old days when they had small buildings and Matchbox like cars. It's really nice.

Yeah LEGO actually had a similiar size back then, like this little set (608).

This is awesome! Love all the little details, like the broken lamp on the right hand side.

Really nice supermarket, it does have a Detroit feel to it. I didn't even notice it was smaller scale at first.

Thanks! Yes that is interesting, since I have actually used photos of Swedish food stores. Maybe I had Detroit subconsciously on my mind. :)

This is awesome! Love all the little details, like the broken lamp on the right hand side.

Thanks a lot!

What a great MOC, I like the atmosphere that evokes this magnificent creation!

The abandoned look of this is great! Also it's the first time I have seen someone do a type of scale like this, great job! :thumbup:

What a great MOC, I like the atmosphere that evokes this magnificent creation!

Thanks for your comments! :classic:

The details really make this build stand out. Especially on the roof and exterior walls. These places can be found all over the US because there seem to be as many stores closed for good as open stores these days. Not something I would have thought to build, but quite realistic. Congratulations on a fine build!