ER0L

MOCs: Sports cars, muscle cars, pony cars

[Edit, 12 October 2015]

Note: This thread is discontinued. If you're interested in more cars of this sort please join me on Flickr.

[/Edit]

Hi all,

after all the LCS and airport stuff it was time to build some new cars - or rebuild some older cars according to the actual scheme of widths. In this thread you'll find some actual sports cars (to be continued).

List of cars in this thread

#1 Ford Falcon (Mad Max Interceptor)

14532206625_090e60e5d4_t.jpg

#2 Ford Mustang Convertible

17402498541_84a237cf20_t.jpg

#3 Ford Mustang Fastback

14827713123_f99b45197c_t.jpg

#4 Dodge Charger

14597090852_b441c5ab56_t.jpg

#5 Aston Martin DB5

14864454041_ded5929508_t.jpg

#6 Ferrari Daytona Spider "Miami Vice"

15710374824_c36a20b454_t.jpg

#7 Ferrari 308 GTS (Magnum, P.I. edition)

17154545412_6465337798_t.jpg

#8 Mustang Shelby GT 500 "Eleanor"

16871321434_3097d34037_t.jpg

#9 1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda

20740050791_4ae9a6b232_t.jpg

#1 Ford Falcon (Mad Max Interceptor)

The old Mad Max Interceptor (which might be known to some people) didn't fit any more into the actual range of widths used in the town project. Thus the following aspects were changed:

• width reduced from 7w+ to 6w+
  • lower roof line (back of the fig must be slanted, but it works)
  • exhausts are situated more under the body than before
  • tanks dark grey instead of red
  • some minor changes

14528829021_8fa872493d.jpg

14532206625_090e60e5d4.jpg

#2 Ford Mustang (classic version)

6w+. Fits one whole minifig (two are quite difficult with this setup).

14791303074_4c2350cd61.jpg

14771083426_9527203984.jpg

14793668815_485f10bf89.jpg

#3 Ford Mustang Fastback

A sportier version.

14827713123_f99b45197c.jpg

14804768311_f116cf2346.jpg

14807526432_a2f1ec2ee4.jpg

#4 Dodge Charger

The Charger is based on derjoe's amazing design which is very well known (see www.flickr.com/photos/53163759@N04/8554110987), but with quite a few modifications. The main point here is that "behind-the-tile design" which allows some unusual slopes - a concept to be further developed, I guess.

6.8w (6w plus two tiles), fits one fig (two are quite difficult with this setting, something to improve).

14597090852_b441c5ab56.jpg

14411316247_be5a032149.jpg

Some more pics on Flickr. Thanks for looking, c&c welcome as usual. To be continued.

Edited by ER0L

WAUW!!

i am not a big fan of cars that are not lego city style, but you captured the details so good! great work.

i wanted to say that i really liked one of them. But i like them all

The classic Mustang doesn't quite work for me, apart from the easily recognisable rear end it looks a bit too generic and square for my taste. The other ones, though, are lovely - the Fastback has just the right amount of curves, and that Charger is gorgeous.

Those are some great looking cars that you have there, the fastback would have to be my favorite of the lot.

Another bunch of Lego town car mastery ;). Charger is the unbeatable numero uno, and the tricky curves in the Fastback make it looking well, indeed.

Very beautiful cars but I'd have to save the Ford Falcon is my favorite since the Mad Max movies are my favorite movies of all time! I love the Dodge Charger as well but it needs a paint job. Overall, these cars are awesome and I love them! :thumbup:

WAUW!!

i am not a big fan of cars that are not lego city style, but you captured the details so good! great work.

i wanted to say that i really liked one of them. But i like them all

Thank you, glad you like them all! But since you are saying "not Lego city style" some words on that subject. I have the impression that there is no real "Lego city style", at least not when talking about vehicles. Whereas there are those nice CC buildings which are clearly AFOL related, there are no vehicles which meet that style, neither in terms of design nor complexity. Most of the Town vehicles are clearly meant as toys for children - if not (e.g. the vehicles from licensed sets or Ideas sets), they don't fit in. You can't combine an Ecto-1 (8.8w) or DeLorean (10w) coming from the Ideas sets with the usual 6w+ (6 plus mudguards) trucks in a town surrounding.

My idea is that there must be something between the usual town vehicles and those nice car models from skillful builders like Misterzumbi, derjoe, Karwik, lichtblau, just to name a few. That means vehicles that are complex enough go well with the buildings, that are relatively small AND that are able to fit some minifigs, which is important when you have roads and want to evoke the impression of moving cars on them - they shouldn't be empty then.

And that's what I'm trying to achieve - not just building some more or less nice cars but vehicles that fit into an urban surrounding, according to a scheme of widths that allows a graduation between different types of vehicles - where a sports car like a DeLorean can't be larger than a truck.

An 8w truck is nice since you can add lots of details. Try to put it on a road plate, combine it with a CC building - doesn't work. 5w+ passenger cars are cute, they look good on a road plate with those rather narrow lanes. Try to fit a fig in - doesn't work. Once again the solution lies in between. Of course, there may be other schemes which might work well - but as a Town car builder you'll come to the point where you want to know if your next car must be built as a 5w, 6w or 7w.

The charger is very nice. I had a 383 Plymouth Roadrunner and my best friend had a 440 6 pack 'Cuda. Ah, those were the days.

Thank you! Roadrunner and Cuda are fantastic rides, too - there should be more of them in minifig scale ... :wink:

More awesome genius from yourself 'ER0L'......Brick On Drive On ! :grin:

Thanks LT, glad you like them! It's much more trial and error than genius, though ... :wink:

The classic Mustang doesn't quite work for me, apart from the easily recognisable rear end it looks a bit too generic and square for my taste. The other ones, though, are lovely - the Fastback has just the right amount of curves, and that Charger is gorgeous.

Thanks, well, the first Mustangs did have a rather sober design compared to later versions.

Those are some great looking cars that you have there, the fastback would have to be my favorite of the lot.

Thank you!

Yee Haaa! Brilliant!

Many thanks!

Another bunch of Lego town car mastery ;). Charger is the unbeatable numero uno, and the tricky curves in the Fastback make it looking well, indeed.

Thanks a lot, looking forward to your next bunch! :wink:

Very beautiful cars but I'd have to save the Ford Falcon is my favorite since the Mad Max movies are my favorite movies of all time! I love the Dodge Charger as well but it needs a paint job. Overall, these cars are awesome and I love them! :thumbup:

Thank you, did you watch the trailer of the new movie? The interceptor is still alive, it seems ... Paint job: You can't be more right! :wink:

Many thanks all for watching and commenting!

Nice looking cars! Great attention to the details! Brilliant! I think my favorite is the "Dodge Charger".

Thank you, did you watch the trailer of the new movie? The interceptor is still alive, it seems ... Paint job: You can't be more right! :wink:

Many thanks all for watching and commenting!

I saw the new trailer, it looks awesome! I'm kind of sad that Mel Gibson is not in the movie though. :hmpf_bad:

Beautiful! Those are some really attractive small scale muslecars... That mad max interceptor is spot-on. The mustangs have jut enough detail to recognize. The later model I like best. And Charger... Ooh, the Charger. Man that one is just delicious! The chrome wheels help a lot too. But man, great shapes!

Beautiful! Those are some really attractive small scale muslecars... That mad max interceptor is spot-on. The mustangs have jut enough detail to recognize. The later model I like best. And Charger... Ooh, the Charger. Man that one is just delicious! The chrome wheels help a lot too. But man, great shapes!

Thank you very much! Glad you like them. I agree that the chrome wheels add a lot to the look of the Charger - I had to search for alternatives after the decision not to use third party chrome any more. In fact there are enough nice Lego chrome parts to build some nice chrome wheels.

#5 Aston Martin DB5

6w+, fits one fig. First there was an idea of the shaping of the typical grille of an Aston Martin, and when this was successful the whole car had to be built:

14864454041_ded5929508_z.jpg

With - the one and only - driver:

14681543660_67a270e093_z.jpg

More pics on Flickr.

Thanks for looking, more to come.

That's the most AWESOME yet of your creations 'ER0L'........"I'll have mine Lego, not Mega Bloks" :laugh: ......totally Brick On 'ER0L' !

That's the most AWESOME yet of your creations 'ER0L'........"I'll have mine Lego, not Mega Bloks" :laugh: ......totally Brick On 'ER0L' !

Thanks a lot LT. Indeed the Aston Martin (which is 100% Lego btw. :wink: ) is my most successful MOC to date. Glad you like it!

That Aston Martin is amazing. Beautiful silhouette, and it still fits a minifig!

Many thanks!

The Dodge Charger and the Aston Martin are brilliant. Congratulations.

Thanks a lot!

Most fantastic looking cars in that scale i've seen so far.

Being mostly a car guy, I find it quite frustrating that there are no vehicles worthy of my modular street available. TLG makes some agreeable trucks and vans occasionally, but all regular cars look like toys. Your cars capture the scale and design perfectly.

Most fantastic looking cars in that scale i've seen so far.

Being mostly a car guy, I find it quite frustrating that there are no vehicles worthy of my modular street available. TLG makes some agreeable trucks and vans occasionally, but all regular cars look like toys. Your cars capture the scale and design perfectly.

Thanks a lot, glad you like them that much. I completely agree that there are some nice trucks and vans but no suitable passenger cars.

I guess things will get a lot better next year with the 6w "Speed Champions" (see Meiko's analysis on Brickipedia) - the minifig scale car mocists seem to get some promising new parts, more elegant mudguards included. Definitely looking forward to that!

#6 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Spider "Miami Vice"

The Ferrari actually fits 2 minifigs but it's quite difficult to find an adequate Sonny Crockett and Ricardo Tubbs - any hints are welcome.

Admittedly the wheels don't spin very well like this but it's a possibility to use the new tire/rim combination.

15710374824_c36a20b454_z.jpg

16331031231_e859e044ed_z.jpg

16332791395_04905414da_z.jpg

Thanks for looking, more to come!

AWESOME 'ER0L'........tyres rub eh ? (but don't they burn rubber anyway :laugh: )

Maybe you need to make a custom Crockett and Tubbs ?

Brick On Drive On 'ER0L' ! :grin: