Long ago in Treacleheim the Dwarves of Mitgardia used Ice Moles to dig their larger passageways for them. They were raised from birth by trainers and could be commanded with clicks and hoots. They are a rare sight in Mitgardia now. But some Dwarves still raise them and use them on the north side of the Mitgardian mountain range.

14807916611_6fe015199e_z_d.jpg

14808646384_40eeec888f_z_d.jpg

14808620944_dbc0a2dae3_z_d.jpg

More pictures on my flickr!

Awesome mount with an awesome concept! :thumbup:

Though, it seems a bit odd how he sinks into the mole's back.

Nice concept and well executed MK! Thats a funny creature too I love it :classic:

Very cool idea for a dwarf mount. I thought a lot about dwarves myself before doing a Final Fantasy tribute instead.

Awesome mount with an awesome concept! :thumbup:

Though, it seems a bit odd how he sinks into the mole's back.

Lots of fur :grin:

Nice mole! I really like the color scheme!

Nice mount, I like the white and dark blue color scheme :thumbup:

Thanks guys!

Nice concept and well executed MK! Thats a funny creature too I love it :classic:

I'm glad you like it Gunman!

Very cool idea for a dwarf mount. I thought a lot about dwarves myself before doing a Final Fantasy tribute instead.

I for one and sure glad you did the FF tribute instead! That is still my favorite mount so far!

I for one and sure glad you did the FF tribute instead! That is still my favorite mount so far!

But it's sooo big. In designing and building the smaller, adolescent version I realized there actually were ways to make detailed chocobos that weren't the size of a castle. :P

Awesome! Reminds me of something from Avatar: The Last Airbender (don't remember what it's called though). Anyway, cool concept and great build!

Awesome! Reminds me of something from Avatar: The Last Airbender (don't remember what it's called though). Anyway, cool concept and great build!

Might you be referring to the Badgermole? :classic:

Neat build! Love those big feet and the colors.

Cool, quirky entry. I like the concept although those mixel eyes are a bit "cartoony" for me.. :-)

Unusual mount! I was wondering if someone was going to use the googly mixel eyes. They look good here, although i thought moles were virtually blind anyway? :wink:

Interesting critter, I love the posing in the first shot. Neat idea, I could see a herd of these causing some serious devastation by digging out the grand under an army or fort, like Grabboids.

Clever idea! I like it a lot!

Thanks Vlad! Nowhere near as menacing as yours, but I had fun with it!

great looking mount MK. I like the color scheme.

Thanks!

But it's sooo big. In designing and building the smaller, adolescent version I realized there actually were ways to make detailed chocobos that weren't the size of a castle. :P

Well, I really like your big version.

Thanks Infernum!

Might you be referring to the Badgermole? :classic:

Neat build! Love those big feet and the colors.

Thanks for the link! I've never seen Avatar so I'm glad you jumped in with that one!

Cool, quirky entry. I like the concept although those mixel eyes are a bit "cartoony" for me.. :-)

To each his own :grin: I really like the cartoony feel, but I know it's not for everyone.

Unusual mount! I was wondering if someone was going to use the googly mixel eyes. They look good here, although i thought moles were virtually blind anyway? :wink:

I guess you could say that they are so big because they are so blind!

Neat idea to do a mole :thumbup: I think his digging claws/paws could be a bit bigger, but overall good work :classic:

Neat idea to do a mole :thumbup: I think his digging claws/paws could be a bit bigger, but overall good work :classic:

Thanks SK! I guess the claws could be bigger. But I didn't want it to look Chima-y so this was the result instead.

This mini challenge is brilliant. So many good ideas and such great execution, this definitely included.

I surely wasn't expecting this level of diversity!

Very nice idea and nicely executed!! These mounts must be really usefull for those dwarves!!

That's brilliant :thumbup:

If I thought for a minute that the moles 'tearing up' my garden looked like that I wouldn't spend so much money trying to get rid of the little buggers! :sweet:

Edited by grum64

This mini challenge is brilliant. So many good ideas and such great execution, this definitely included.

I surely wasn't expecting this level of diversity!

I'm glad you like it!

Very nice idea and nicely executed!!

Thanks!

That's brilliant :thumbup:

If I thought for a minute that the moles 'tearing up' my garden looked like that I wouldn't spend so much money trying to get rid of the little buggers! :sweet:

Yes, if only all critters looked the way we made them out of bricks.