Sign in to follow this  
Back to the Brick

[MOC] Magic Shop (based on Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

Hi! :blush:

This is the first MOC I post here.

It's based on the Magic Box, a magic shop owned by Buffy's watcher in the TV show of the same name.

A lot of people here are talented so I'm open to all comments (especially if they can improve my skills) and I hope you will like it!

Presentation of the characters

14622303239_f358c2b5e4_c.jpg

The shop (mostly accurate like in the TV show)

14808602552_f343d06190_c.jpg

Where Rupert hides the dangerous books about black magic and many others things.

14785961386_b24f6aea43_c.jpg

Cash register, Anya's favorite place in the shop.

14622312929_980cb61bb1_c.jpg

Statue on the shelf.

14808974725_22fa76d998_c.jpg

Behind the stairs you can find masks but choose wisely, some of them are cursed.

14808601252_ede8c58dd4_c.jpg

They all enjoy the shop. Rupert is drinking tea, Xander is eating Rupert's croissant, Anya counts the money and Willow is busy with the computer.

But Buffy and Faith heard some weird noises outside...

14785970186_f428e2b6b1_c.jpg

They were right. A vampire is waiting next to the backdoor, ready to drink fresh blood.

14805855841_6b8fd6817e_c.jpg

Xander has tried to lock the door but he was not fast enough. Don't worry, Buffy and Faith will teach the vampire 2 or 3 fighting lessons.

14828796863_94f7cd65d3_c.jpg

Meanwhile, a very special customer checks a new wand and Rupert has received a new book about witches and warlocks.

14622250820_68d4831374_c.jpg

To be continued...

Edited by Back to the Brick

Haha.. Really fun to see two great things combined. Are you going to expand, so it includes the training room in the back and a cellar door?

Was looking to give tips, but everything is very nicely done, so keep going on :-)

Thanks for your comment AlcoEmmen.

At the start of the project I planned to do the entrance of the shop too, but sadly I have not enough parts to do all the shop (training room included).

But I love this show and the training room is not hard to do. Time will tell. :wink:

Spectacular build! Instantly recognizable despite the fact that I watched the show only sporaticly.

What a fun MOC! The details are magnificent, even though the general feeling is perhaps a bit too bright and colorful to my liking.

We have actually been watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer from the beginning this summer (courtesy of Netflix), since I last watched it as a kid and still remember what a great series it was.

We're currently at the end of Season Three, so the magic shop hasn't come into the picture yet, but I don't think Faith was in the Scooby Gang at that point, anymore. You should've put Dawn and Tara in it, instead. :wink:

Thank you Colossus and Behemoth, glad you like it!

What a fun MOC! The details are magnificent, even though the general feeling is perhaps a bit too bright and colorful to my liking.

We have actually been watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer from the beginning this summer (courtesy of Netflix), since I last watched it as a kid and still remember what a great series it was.

We're currently at the end of Season Three, so the magic shop hasn't come into the picture yet, but I don't think Faith was in the Scooby Gang at that point, anymore. You should've put Dawn and Tara in it, instead. :wink:

You're right, in the show, the lighting in the shop is not very bright and I added the white bricks. You can see the “real colors” here or here. Maybe Light Blue is a more appropriate color but they are hard to find on Bricklink.

For Faith you're right again :wink: , but I love so much the character that I couldn't do the MOC without her. In fact it's possible that she could be in the shop in the Season Five (when Giles owns the shop), because it happened in the video game Buffy : Chaos Bleed. In the video game's story, she was in jail and broke out of prison to help the gang.

And in the comics (Season Eight and Angel & Faith), she has a very important job to do with Giles, even if she's just Buffy's ally.

Anyway, thank you for your comment, the next time I will try to play a little more with the lightning.

Edited by Back to the Brick

AWESOME and very creative MOC 'Back to the Brick', I like the adding of Harry Potter to the scene....neat touch. :thumbup:

Brick On 'BTTB' ! :grin: