Simon_S

HSS Belynia: Blacksmith

People often tell he's a maniac man and they try to evade him. So, as Lord of Nalderic, Simon had to visit him to see if he's a danger to other people...

14621485459_33493a8f44_c.jpg

14808142075_c1ebdfc69e.jpg

14827970903_2e6ae84cb2.jpg

14805769254_ab7fc3cc5f.jpg

I got another PaB cup from my sister who went to UK and got there many cool parts for me, for example those 1x2 purple tiles.

It was also an experiment with the armor wall (which is very unstable) and using more fancy colours in medieval builds.

Thanks for visiting!

Very nice roof, and the armor wall works quite well. Also, the yellow and orange look good for the wall :thumbup:

This is spectacular with a wild color pallet! I love the use of the chrome helmets and armors for the bottom part of the house, brilliant!

Very creative and interesting. The roof of course is interesting. I will have to copy this, but in black. I won't be as colorful as you.

The walls are a good color too.

The armor wall reminds me of the Persian wall in 300, only just armor. Very creative. It doesn't look sturdy, like you said, but the fact that you could swing that at all is impressive.

Very innovative parts uses! The "LD-ish" irregular shapes are also excellent, especially the roof :classic:

Man, those colors hurt my eyes! (I think it's the yellow)

The armor in the wall is really cool and could be part of an interesting backstory.

That's truly a lovely creation Simon! :thumbup:

I really love the use of colors here, you don't see lime-green, yellow/orange and purple very often when it comes to castle builds. These colors are also a nice contrast.

Oh and the "stonework" at the house is also very creative, I have never seen it before that someone has used armor and helmets for building a house. :blush:

Love everything about this except the armor. I just can't buy it as a technique.

Simply awesome. How is the wall constructed?

Thank you. Saidly I can't tell you that there's a specific technique for this, I just experimented a little bit. Most of the helmets and amors are fixed with 1x1 round bricks on headlight bricks or 1x2 plates. The yellow part and the roof rest on a pillar in the middle of the house, so that the wall doesn't have to last the weight of the it.

I hope that somehow made sense :wink:.

That armour wall is very cool! And the colours are great. Wish I'd stocked up on more purple tiles now!

Thanks mate :classic:. I think we need more special coloured Castle builds, they are so much fun to do.

Great roof there Simon and lovely wall too!! Great job.

Thanks Gunman!

Crazy colors! I really like the roof.

Thank you Torgar :classic:.

Very nice roof, and the armor wall works quite well. Also, the yellow and orange look good for the wall :thumbup:

Thanks mate. I also like the armor wall the most, it's also the part on which I worked the most time. If you combine the yellow/orange part with usual colours it could actually be part of a town without looking cartoonish.

This is awesome Simon! Love the armor wall, awesome idea! :thumbup:

Thanks Infernum!

This is spectacular with a wild color pallet! I love the use of the chrome helmets and armors for the bottom part of the house, brilliant!

Thank you Behemoth :classic:.

Very creative and interesting. The roof of course is interesting. I will have to copy this, but in black. I won't be as colorful as you.

The walls are a good color too.

The armor wall reminds me of the Persian wall in 300, only just armor. Very creative. It doesn't look sturdy, like you said, but the fact that you could swing that at all is impressive.

Thanks man :classic:. The armor wall was mostly inspired by the iron throne from GoT, but why only have a boring chair made out of swords if you can have a whole house made out of them? Also you just inspired me to make the next house out of minifigs :laugh:.

Very innovative parts uses! The "LD-ish" irregular shapes are also excellent, especially the roof :classic:

Thanks Gideon. It's actually quite different from LD's style (althought it was also inspired by it, of course), but the walls aren't angled, only the tiles and one corner post. The shape of the roof was also inspired by him.

Man, those colors hurt my eyes! (I think it's the yellow)

The armor in the wall is really cool and could be part of an interesting backstory.

Thanks mate :classic:. Yeah, I just was too lazy to write a backstory for this one.

That's truly a lovely creation Simon! :thumbup:

I really love the use of colors here, you don't see lime-green, yellow/orange and purple very often when it comes to castle builds. These colors are also a nice contrast.

Oh and the "stonework" at the house is also very creative, I have never seen it before that someone has used armor and helmets for building a house. :blush:

Thanks Jonas. I like to try out stuff that hasn't been done before, it just makes a build so unique and better, even if the technique isn't perfected yet.

Amazing use of armor! This is a fantastic build!

Thanks Josh!

Wonderful build! Love the roof and the armour wall is awesome!

Thank you cesbrick :classic:.

Love everything about this except the armor. I just can't buy it as a technique.

Thanks. I don't have a problem with this one, as all major parts are fixed. there is only small stuff (like minifigure arms, swords, etc.) loose or held by friction. I think it's already more a technique than laying trans blue studs on the ground to represent water.

Armor wall... fantastic!

I like the shape and the colors of the house. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you :classic:.

Really awesome mate! i've been wanting to tackle a yellow house for ages but don't really have enough of it to try, looks so awesome though! cool to see your style developing into something that is recognisably you (especially your landscapes!) and that armour wall is looking awesome! looking forward to seeing more from you soon, also looking forward to using the purple tiles i got in the mail last week ;)

Great work on this, the armor wall is very unique and really works very well for me! Also like the use of bright colors on the top, :thumbup: And of course a purple roof is instant win! :grin:

Just epic...

Thanks narbilu!

Really awesome mate! i've been wanting to tackle a yellow house for ages but don't really have enough of it to try, looks so awesome though! cool to see your style developing into something that is recognisably you (especially your landscapes!) and that armour wall is looking awesome! looking forward to seeing more from you soon, also looking forward to using the purple tiles i got in the mail last week ;)

Thanks a lot Legonardo for this kind comment. I'm looking forward what you'll do with the purple tiles :wink:.

Great work on this, the armor wall is very unique and really works very well for me! Also like the use of bright colors on the top, :thumbup: And of course a purple roof is instant win! :grin:

Thanks mate :classic:.

Very unique!

Thank you Carson!

nice wall, love the purple!

Thanks Mr Greeble :classic:.

Love it Simon!! The walls on both floors are raaly unique and so great looking!

Thank you. Saidly I can't tell you that there's a specific technique for this, I just experimented a little bit. Most of the helmets and amors are fixed with 1x1 round bricks on headlight bricks or 1x2 plates. The yellow part and the roof rest on a pillar in the middle of the house, so that the wall doesn't have to last the weight of the it.

I hope that somehow made sense :wink:.

Thanks mate :classic:. I think we need more special coloured Castle builds, they are so much fun to do.

Thanks Gunman!

Thank you Torgar :classic:.

Thanks mate. I also like the armor wall the most, it's also the part on which I worked the most time. If you combine the yellow/orange part with usual colours it could actually be part of a town without looking cartoonish.

Thanks Infernum!

Thank you Behemoth :classic:.

Thanks man :classic:. The armor wall was mostly inspired by the iron throne from GoT, but why only have a boring chair made out of swords if you can have a whole house made out of them? Also you just inspired me to make the next house out of minifigs :laugh:.

Thanks Gideon. It's actually quite different from LD's style (althought it was also inspired by it, of course), but the walls aren't angled, only the tiles and one corner post. The shape of the roof was also inspired by him.

Thanks mate :classic:. Yeah, I just was too lazy to write a backstory for this one.

Thanks Jonas. I like to try out stuff that hasn't been done before, it just makes a build so unique and better, even if the technique isn't perfected yet.

Thanks Josh!

Thank you cesbrick :classic:.

Thanks. I don't have a problem with this one, as all major parts are fixed. there is only small stuff (like minifigure arms, swords, etc.) loose or held by friction. I think it's already more a technique than laying trans blue studs on the ground to represent water.

Thank you :classic:.

I don't think it looks good. Probably a personal preference thing, though. I tend to not like the techniques using unlikely or oddball pieces to simulate mundane stuff like architecture or paths or whatever. I always think it looks too busy and distracting. I'm not surprised a builder as skilled as you can make sure it all holds together though!