Sign in to follow this  
Matteo1130

Modern Pirate TV Series - Black Sails & Crossbones

That's very promising! But unfortunately Crossbones has already been cancelled.

Disappointing! It really was a good show. I just looked up Black Sails, and they are slated for a second season. It says 10 episodes starting at the end of January.

Ok, if you said crossbones has been a good show I'll try to force myself to look at least the second episode. First has been... well... no words.

18 minutes ago, adrainsmith said:

Black Sails boasts visual appeal, but the show's bland characters aren't strong enough to keep the show from being dragged down into its murky depths of aimless exposition.

I'll be the first to argue the characters aren't bland, aside from Max and maybe Hornigold and Anne Bonny.

Has anybody here checked out any pirate-related TV shows that are more aimed at the same 7–12 audience as a lot of LEGO themes? I know those tend to be more fantastical than a lot of y'all's tastes, but I think that how well shows like that do could be a much better forecast of the future of pirate-related LEGO sets than grittier and more adult-targeted movies and shows.

One I've recently heard of and seen toys for is called Zak Storm, which seems to be sort of a science-fantasy show with some time travel elements, but mostly focusing on seafaring adventures in the Bermuda Triangle. It's apparently done well enough to get a second season this year, but I haven't heard much in the way of online hype for it in the animation circles I frequent so I dunno whether it's any good or how long it's likely to last.