somelegothings_

Jurassic World 2015 Rumors & Discussion

I'm sure they had more time to plan out and design the the models when the first trailers came out last November. I bet they got concept art, the script, and maybe some photographs of small snippet scenes in the film but that still didn't really help them.

It's known that licensees worked with early scripts - Hasbro has a Stegoceratops toy that was based on scenes that were never filmed, and prototypes of Indominus Rex have appeared with two or three designs that radically differ from the final. Considering LEGO only re-acquired the JP/JW rights a year or so, IIRC, these were probably a bit rushed.

I personally don't mind the creative license too much -- it only really, really shows in Dilophosaurus Ambush, while the rest have reasonable basis within the film. I can agree it'd have been cool to see a Zara figure... Lowery and Vivian are cool but would be hard to fit in the current roster of sets. There's also two good opportunities for variations on Claire - the pink tank top and her original outfit. If LEGO produces any new molds, the Mosasaurus is basically a must, as much as I love the original 2002 one, although it's hard to work that into a set that wouldn't have a hefty price tag. I'd still reiterate I want to see the Dino Triceratops mold back. A legacy JP1 line would be fantastic and according to my own calculations, JP1 alone has material for two waves of LEGO, without including TLW or JP3 which offer possibilities themselves. All of this would be in "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" territory.

It's smashing good news LEGO will be restocking Raptor Escape - not only because of the set itself, but because it means the other sets will likely be restocked further as well. I don't have the money to grab them al lright now but I'd like a complete collection down the line. (Maybe even a few duplicates..)

Was the movie not expected to be a success? That surprises me to hear! I went in thinking it was a "given" that a new JP movie after all these years would do at least quite well? No?

It was considered a risk - the previous entries both made less than the previous entry (TLW made less than JP1, JP3 less than TLW) and there was a lot of negative buzz for the earlier versions of JP4, some elements of which made it into the final draft. The toy line accompanying the JP 3-D re-release and other tie-ins sold poorly aside two action figure sets. There was also negative buzz for JW before the trailers came out due to certain plot elements and the new cast, things that didn't end up mattering to a lot of viewers. It should be noted even Universal's high estimates were lower than what the film achieved, and a lot of people were expecting Inside Out to beat it the week after release.

It's smashing good news LEGO will be restocking Raptor Escape - not only because of the set itself, but because it means the other sets will likely be restocked further as well. I don't have the money to grab them al lright now but I'd like a complete collection down the line. (Maybe even a few duplicates..)

Sad to say I checked again and now it says the raptor escape is sold out. Whether the restock thing was an accident or they do plan to restock im unsure. I saw a couple of the raptor escape at a toy store while I'm in Europe. Not sure If I should grab it or grab the Arkham Asylum breakout.

Sad to say I checked again and now it says the raptor escape is sold out. Whether the restock thing was an accident or they do plan to restock im unsure. I saw a couple of the raptor escape at a toy store while I'm in Europe. Not sure If I should grab it or grab the Arkham Asylum breakout.

That's a tough call. I have a feeling Raptor Escape's still around here, but I'm not sure how badly I want it. Hopefully it's indeed going to be restocked!

Please make Jurassic Park sets, I need a John Hamond, Alan Grant, Ian Malcolm and Muldoon min-fig!!

That's a tough call. I have a feeling Raptor Escape's still around here, but I'm not sure how badly I want it. Hopefully it's indeed going to be restocked!

Raptor Escape was spotted at my local Lego store yesterday, but only one on the shelf after I picked up a second.

Edited by knight_40k

Good find. I still need to get Raptor Rampage. It's just a shame about the usual TRU mark-up. Ebay prices are getting alittle silly.

Frankly I'd take the TRU markup any day over aftermarket prices.

Amen to that. I don't see them on shelves anywheres, it's your best bet. $40 for the Pteradon one on Amazon. That was three weeks ago!

My local Lego store had every set available on Thursday. I still needed to get the I-Rex Breakout but took a gamble that it would still be around today for 2x points.

To be honest, I think the Jurassic World line of LEGO sets is hugely disappointing. Nothing that directly resembles any scene in the movie (more indirectly) and no sets based on the previous three Jurassic Park films. If I were LEGO, I'd have done:

Jurassic Park/World Gates featuring Owen Grady, Claire Dearing, John Hammond and Ian Malcolm

Wu's Lab featuring Henry Wu and a cracked Indominus Rex egg with a baby Indominus Rex inside

Hamster Gyrosphere Ball (I'm sure you all know which scene I'm referring to) featuring the Indominus Rex, Zach and Gray

T-Rex Escape featuring Ian Malcolm, Alan Grant, Ellie Slater and a T-Rex

Caravan (from Jurassic Park 2) featuring Ian Malcolm and Kelly Malcolm

Private jet (from Jurassic Park 3) featuring Alan Grant, Paul Kirby and Amanda Kirby

I was sure there was talk of at least a Jurassic Park Dimensions pack (that would have hopefully led to JP sets) because of that one ending with Alan and Ellie at a dig site in the video game, but I guess that only amounted to that Owen and ACU trooper pack. But alongside more sets from all four movies, I think there should be two waves of a CMF series for this theme.

I was sure there was talk of at least a Jurassic Park Dimensions pack (that would have hopefully led to JP sets) because of that one ending with Alan and Ellie at a dig site in the video game, but I guess that only amounted to that Owen and ACU trooper pack. But alongside more sets from all four movies, I think there should be two waves of a CMF series for this theme.

Either way, there has to be at least Ian Malcolm in minifigure at some point. I'll be very annoyed if we don't at least get a LEGO Dimensions Jurassic Park fun pack.

Yesterday my local Lego store had plenty of all the sets in the line for x2 VIP, including the I-Rex breakout. I elected to pass. That's the only one I don't have yet, but the only thing I really want from it is Wu and the dino, the rest is pretty meh. :sceptic:

Edited by mediumsnowman

Is this theme already discontinued? It's no longer listed on S@H.

I'm not surprised if it is. A surprisingly poor choice of sets given the amount of key moments from the Jurassic Park/World franchise they could have used.

Is this theme already discontinued? It's no longer listed on S@H.

happend 2 times allredy they do that when there is super highi demand on them that way they dont get on back order

Guys, I know its too early, but any guesses of will there be sets for the 2nd film, which is arriving in cinemas in 2018? Maybe I've missed it, but were "JW" sets popular or not so we can know that LEGO for sure will make new sets, when "Jurassic World 2" comes?

Edited by Ookami

Local Target also had some of the sets in stock. I was finally able to get Raptor a Rampage.

I'm wondering if this is just a warehouse end of the year find from the distributor. Sometimes at the end of the year or the start of the next year, warehouses find old stock that was misplaced or buried and put it out. If these sets start appearing at other chains then I would think it could be a reprinting.