somelegothings_

Jurassic World 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Ah shoot. I only saw the front of that torso on the promo pics. Well I guess you can forget about that one then.

Glad I could help.

I am actually. I'm trying to make some movie-accurate vehicles based on some of the City builds. I finished the regular 4x4 and I'm almost done with the Unimog, now I might try to make the 6x6 and the Sprinter.

Still working with LDD for now (I might post pictures when I'm done) but I'm definitely going to build them once I get all the pieces I need.

That sounds awesome Elrond! Would you be willing to PM me and share some of the LDD files when you are done? I really want to add more of the vehicles like the 4x4, 6x6 and Sprinter to my display. I understand if you'd rather keep them as obviously you've put all the hard work in, but if you could share them then I would be extremely grateful. :classic:

Edited by LegoFan117

That sounds awesome Elrond! Would you be willing to PM me and share some of the LDD files when you are done? I really want to add more of the vehicles like the 4x4, 6x6 and Sprinter to my display. I understand if you'd rather keep them as obviously you've put all the hard work in, but if you could share them then I would be extremely grateful. :classic:

Of course, no problem whatsoever. I'll probably just create a new thread and I'll post the LDD files there. I'll try to finish it this week.

Of course, no problem whatsoever. I'll probably just create a new thread and I'll post the LDD files there. I'll try to finish it this week.

Awesome man, thank you so much! :classic:

I put two of the Gallimimus I got into a small Dinotopia themed MOC: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=111542. Made me wish even more that they made a petting zoo set complete with saddles for small triceratops, those would be great for Dinotopia builds. I'm disappointed that this theme is so predator focused even though its for obvious reasons.

Just looked on lego.com and that raptor set says sold out... WTF! It' hasn't been at ANY of my local stores and now I can't get it at all?

I just looked on Walmart.com and that raptor set ( raptor escape) says it's a walmart exclusive, sold out on line and I have NEVER seen them in the stores...

Just looked on lego.com and that raptor set says sold out... WTF! It' hasn't been at ANY of my local stores and now I can't get it at all?

I just looked on Walmart.com and that raptor set ( raptor escape) says it's a walmart exclusive, sold out on line and I have NEVER seen them in the stores...

I've seen them in a couple local stores, and my Walmart still has half a dozen. The only other set left is a bunch of the helicopter. It looks like this line has sold well.

My biggest complaint is that LEGO HAD to know that this theme was going to do REALLY well. It's the number one toy maker in the world and yet a lot of the new themes go back stock almost instantly when released :(

My biggest complaint is that LEGO HAD to know that this theme was going to do REALLY well. It's the number one toy maker in the world and yet a lot of the new themes go back stock almost instantly when released :(

I can understand how frustrating it is. Hopefully TLG take note and address this issue in the future. :classic:

Well did they have to know, the dino sets didn't sell out like this and JW could have flopped.

Edited by SMC

Well did they have to know, the dino sets didn't sell out like this and JW could have flopped.

I think everybody was surprised at how well the movie did, even the studio. I wish the turnaround on sets weren't so long, now is a great time for JP sets. Maybe we can hope for JP sets when the JW sequel comes out (It made too much money not to have a sequel).

I would love JP sets and these selling well can only help although I think Lego might stick to the molds they have so no new dinos for us.

ru·mor

ˈro͞omər/

noun

noun: rumour; plural noun: rumours; noun: rumor; plural noun: rumors

1. a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.

"they were discussing the rumors of a new sets"

This is a thread for rumors.

Not wishlists...Not for shooting down information that has yet to be confirmed...Not arguments; who here again actually works for LEGO? Keep this thread on track please!

So, if anyone would like to add news, or rumors that they can confirm with a source, by all means, feel free to post them. However, if this thread continues on it's current path...Eurobricks might be short a few members real quick.

Cool?

Super!

ru·mor

ˈro͞omər/

noun

Not wishlists...Not for shooting down information that has yet to be confirmed...Not arguments; who here again actually works for LEGO? Keep this thread on track please!

So, if anyone would like to add news, or rumors that they can confirm with a source, by all means, feel free to post them. However, if this thread continues on it's current path...Eurobricks might be short a few members real quick.

Cool?

Super!

We got it, no need to spam it on every thread, plus, you couldve said it without being an A-hole about it. Just try being a little nicer. Cool? Super!

So if you guys could've seen one more set made for the JW line, what would you have wanted? I know that's kind of a wishlist but I feel it's an interesting discussion point. :classic:

A-hole was definitely a bit too harsh. But really 3 guys so far "taking a break" for speaking their minds to a moderator. Like a dictatorship around here. Not here to start trouble, I'm here because I love the hobby, I'm just giving my opinion now too.

A-hole was definitely a bit too harsh. But really 3 guys so far "taking a break" for speaking their minds to a moderator. Like a dictatorship around here. Not here to start trouble, I'm here because I love the hobby, I'm just giving my opinion now too.

I'm sorry. But, posting this in all of our threads is a bit much as well. I'm putting you in the "Taking a Break" group myself and we can continue the conversation there.

Keep in mind, everyone. The "Taking a Break" group is so we can discuss things with members and hopefully return their access to the site. We find this is a much better way to run a site than just banning people. Being called a dictatorship for this practice is silly. We do what we need to to make the site run smoothly. It works and we're happy that most members are able to have civil, productive discussion when "taking a break."

Thanks to everyone who is willing to help us calm these rumor discussions down a bit. With 7 such threads in the Licensed forum, it's becoming difficult to moderate this section. Please bare with us while we try to make the site run more smoothly. Thank you.

Has anyone tried modding any of the sets or anything yet? I tried modding the Dilophosaurus Ambush set so that it had two lights where the flickfires were and it looks pretty cool. :classic:

ru·mor

ˈro͞omər/

noun

Cool?

Super!

I think there are two basic issues here:

A) The tone of this message is pretty disrespectful. Has anyone ever had the dictionary quoted at them in a way that doesn't feel belittling? And the attempt to lock down any discussion that isn't a confirmed rumor in mostly obsolete discussion threads (we've seen the winter & summer waves of 2015 and so the majority of future releases/rumors will be about 2016 sets) by jumping DIRECTLY to threats of making Eurobricks 'short a few members' seems a bit draconian to me.

B) Should discussion happen in these threads when there are NO current rumors (and none likely to appear anytime soon)? I think people speculating about future sets and disecting the previous ones is pretty normal/expected for what phase we are currently in. Because the cycle of lego rumors/discussion is pretty well know and predictable at this point, it goes: Wild Speculation -> Vague rumors from sources (maybe set names, prices, or # of sets) -> Leaks (doesn't always happen but TLG is sad when it does) -> Previews (pictures of the sets either from retailers or toy fairs or sometimes news outlets) -> Release and reports of being found in the wild -> Thoughts/Opinions on sets -> Wild Speculation of next phase. We go through this cycle twice a year between the winter and summer waves (of course there are exceptoins like collectible minifigs and Lego store exclusives that have different release schedules) and every time we get past the new release and into the 'what comes next?' phase the lack of any info or real rumors leads to people making educated guesses and talking about what they'd like from their Lego.

Wild speculation and wish lists during 'Toyfair' season is probably much less tolerable. I know when I'm scrolling through looking for new pics I know are due soon, I don't love scrolling through 2 pages of 'Wow, this is really gonna hurt my wallet!'. But right now, when news/rumors of the next Jurrasic World sets is EXTREMELY unlikely, I don't see the issue. I feel like the mods are trying to fight human nature here. Is it really better to just sit around indefintely and wait quietly hoping for the next round of rumors to begin?

Thanks to everyone who is willing to help us calm these rumor discussions down a bit. With 7 such threads in the Licensed forum, it's becoming difficult to moderate this section. Please bare with us while we try to make the site run more smoothly. Thank you.

It might help to have an outline in the first post in every rumors and discussion thread of what can and cannot be discussed in the thread.

The thread title is "rumors and discussion" but the 4th July post says "This is a thread for rumors" and doesn't use the word discussion. What discussion is allowed? General discussion of the sets or only discussion about rumors? Looking back at the posts seems to suggest general discussion of the sets has been allowed to go on (hardly any of it is rumors), yet the 4th July post says otherwise.

I've enjoyed the theme and am in the process of purchasing T-Rex Tracker (in parts from separate sellers, as it's not on shelves here except overpriced at TRU) and hoping to pick up the rest of the sets, save the exclusive Raptor set. (If we have extras around here, I might grab two and save one for investment if it proves to be rare.)

To the topic though - is there any realistic evidence to suggest LEGO might do more waves? The line is selling incredibly well and there's a lot of material to cover in previous movies, and a little more in JW if they try hard enough, but I know LEGO plans sets out ages in advance, so unless more sets were pre-planned I can't imagine seeing them soon.

Just seen the movie yesterday, and there is so much more LEGO could do (or could've done)... The JP1 jeeps are a must IMHO, come on LEGO, please, pretty please, give u a second wave with some JP stuff.