somelegothings_

Jurassic World 2015 Rumors & Discussion

From lego ideas JP submission page

Congratulations on 5,000+ Supporters!

Nov 14, 2014

Dear senteosan,

Your Jurassic Park Gate is a gorgeous display model that really captures the essence of the film, and it comes to life with the Explorer and T-Rex!

You're well over halfway there, and though our comment's a bit delayed, remember all major theme parks have delays. When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!

We've done a preliminary check with licensing regarding your project and see no known conflicts or issues. You have been green lighted to keep growing supporters; we will do a more detailed check if you reach 10,000 supporters and qualify for the LEGO Review. Keep up the good work!

This really sound to me like, they are really deciding this submission.Im not seller, but I think licensed ideas set are more popular also everybody talking about it.Jurassic park lego set for adult buyers will probably make large amount of money, and they know about it.

From lego ideas JP submission page

This really sound to me like, they are really deciding this submission.Im not seller, but I think licensed ideas set are more popular also everybody talking about it.Jurassic park lego set for adult buyers will probably make large amount of money, and they know about it.

It does seem likely that the JP Ideas Set will become a set, although I personally would prefer a repaint of the T-Rex mould to match the film as opposed to a brick-built piece!

Alright, so I also got this one from TRU.com

17232496871_9df2386b27_z.jpg

16610609274_c5e1f9dc4b_z.jpg

16612848913_32f85f3d09_z.jpg

17207095616_1736b22e40_z.jpg

16610609284_f7ab0fc617_z.jpg

Not a bad set at all. I love the Simon minifigure for his new prints and tan skin, and the exclusive-colored Pteranodon looks great as well. The helicopter isn't bad as well, but I feel the cramped inside is a major problem with it. I do like how you can fold the stud shooter inside however, and the blue color scheme looks nice.

Edited by just2good

Thanks for all the reviews just2good!

Are the dark-skinned minifigs nougat or a "dark flesh" color?

Are the dark-skinned minifigs nougat or a "dark flesh" color?

I'm bad with color names, but I believe nougat. Don't quote me on this, however.

Hmmm... Does anybody think the ACU could make a good SHIELD tactical team?

Possibly, if you replaced some of their elements. Honestly, an all black minifigure with a Tac Vest from Brickarms and a Brickarms helmet is great. :classic:

Simon looks like his skin is Medium Nougat. Aanchir, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong there. :grin: I am really loving the more diverse array of minifigures available in this line.

Yeah, big hats off to to the designers, having a wide array of skin tones and even gender (the female ACU is a very welcome surprise)

Hopefully in some years we can expect getting a lot more diversity in our sets.

Yeah, big hats off to to the designers, having a wide array of skin tones and even gender (the female ACU is a very welcome surprise)

Hopefully in some years we can expect getting a lot more diversity in our sets.

I think Big Hats off to the designers in general! This is one of the first lines where we have really seen an awesome selection of builds which actually aren't all that far from their movie counterparts - and I think that, that in particular is fantastic! I love pretty much all the builds in this line apart from the Raptor Pen, but with some modification, even that will be good. :classic:

How much do you think the ACU agents will go for on Bricklink? I want to army build them!

I don't think they'll be too expensive. In a Dino-theme, the dinosaurs are the real focus for most people, so they will be the more expensive part of the set.

At the first I thought the lack of noise from Lego might be because the licence hadn't started yet because of how late they seemed to pick it up and that they were waiting to the start date but now it looks like they just think the sets will sell themselves.

Does anyone find it weird that Lego.com has nothing on Jurrasic world on there. No product page or listing in the shop under themes

Well, they do now. http://www.lego.com/en-us/jurassicworld/

The Lego club magazine has some advertisements for sets but yeah there really is no real promotion for this new theme

They got two full pages- more than Minecraft, Ultra Agents, Mixels, and Elves and got the same amount of coverage as Bionicle. I'm guessing they are keeping it small right now too avoid spoilers.

I probably know the answer to this, but is the UK going to be seeing the Gallimimus Trap polybag as a preorder bonus with the game at all? I'm aware that I think I read that UK copies were going to come with the Dr. Wu fig packaged with the game, but I wonder if we'll see the polybag? Maybe in places that have had some pre-order bonuses in the past, like Game for instance.

If not, how much do you think the secondary prices will be? I'm hoping not more than about $20 or whatever converts to £15 these days, any more and it'll turn into a really expensive polybag for me with ridiculously high import and handling charges (£8 plus 20% of the value) :hmpf: I'd happily pre-order the game even though I don't have any of the consoles it's on just to avoid importing, provided if any place in the UK has the polybag as a bonus.

I probably know the answer to this, but is the UK going to be seeing the Gallimimus Trap polybag as a preorder bonus with the game at all? I'm aware that I think I read that UK copies were going to come with the Dr. Wu fig packaged with the game, but I wonder if we'll see the polybag? Maybe in places that have had some pre-order bonuses in the past, like Game for instance.

If not, how much do you think the secondary prices will be? I'm hoping not more than about $20 or whatever converts to £15 these days, any more and it'll turn into a really expensive polybag for me with ridiculously high import and handling charges (£8 plus 20% of the value) :hmpf: I'd happily pre-order the game even though I don't have any of the consoles it's on just to avoid importing, provided if any place in the UK has the polybag as a bonus.

I had an idea - since the UK only generally see's one Polybag, they should release a Limited Edition for an extra £10 that includes all the different ones. :classic:

Also, is there anyone who would want a second JW wave? :classic:

I would need to see the movie before I know for sure. It mostly depends on if any crucial scenes were missed by Lego, but my initial reaction from the trailer and not seeing many herbivores is yes. I would like to see another new dinosaur or two at the very least.

I had an idea - since the UK only generally see's one Polybag, they should release a Limited Edition for an extra £10 that includes all the different ones. :classic:

I'd be up for that, but somehow extremely unlikely. But I had a thought. Maybe we could get the Gallimimus poly as a S@H offer for spending £50? It's not entirely out of the question for Europe, given our S@H offers are a bit different. If we don't see the Winter Soldier promo here in June, I'd like to see the Gallimimus poly used as a promo here.

I'd be totally up for a second wave. More Jurassic World, or even Jurassic Park, I wouldn't be fussed what we get as long as it means more opportunity for LEGO-ified dinosaurs. Maybe no more freakishly gigantic Velociraptors though, we just had 4 of those. Include a few herbivores and make use of those expensive Triceratops moulds. Maybe they can do an ACTUAL Gallimimus for us dinosaur pedants if they did a second wave, and LEGO can apologise for trying to pass off an oversized Coelophysis mould as a Gallimimus :tongue: