somelegothings_

Jurassic World 2015 Rumors & Discussion

No luck getting them early. The store receives their shipment tomorrow but cannot put them out until the start of May. Ah well. Also, the employee said that JP sets were not going to happen, although the ideas set may to capitalize on the Jurassic World license. Awesome guy and really, really fun to chat to - did not mind me nerding out at all. He said he was a member here, so if you are reading this - thank you man, it is appreciated as always. :laugh:

Ah, never mind - thanks for asking anyway. Gives me some time to save up for them, but I'll probably only end up getting either the Dilophosaurus or Indominus Rex set (I really can't decide between the two!) when I next go to the LEGO Store, since I'll inevitably want to buy some Star Wars to take advantage of the May 4th promos, and there's some Chima that's caught my interest too (and I'm far from an endless money pit :tongue: ). This may be the first theme I collect fully but not go out and buy all the sets on day one...

Ah, never mind - thanks for asking anyway. Gives me some time to save up for them, but I'll probably only end up getting either the Dilophosaurus or Indominus Rex set (I really can't decide between the two!) when I next go to the LEGO Store, since I'll inevitably want to buy some Star Wars to take advantage of the May 4th promos, and there's some Chima that's caught my interest too (and I'm far from an endless money pit :tongue: ). This may be the first theme I collect fully but not go out and buy all the sets on day one...

No worries. :) I was gutted when he said they were on tomorrow's shipment - I was gonna try and push them to let me buy one early. :tongue:

Hey guys, just went to the Sydney brick show yesterday and they had a LEGO Jurassic World video game display where I was able to play a level from the game. When I was playing the game it had a really nice loading screen that featured Mr DNA and a micro build of the scene you're about to play (which in my case was the t-rex attack).The character I got play as was Alan Grant. Also at the display they had all the upcoming Jurassic World sets on display. The official release date of the game is june 12.

16577265823_50da29e6c6.jpgLEGO Jurassic video game banner by LB2467, on Flickr

17195833642_d58a2154a8.jpgLEGO Jurassic video game banner by LB2467, on Flickr

16577293593_cdfe55b793.jpgLEGO Jurassic video game display at the Sydney Brick Show 2015 by LB2467, on Flickr

17171544406_c56b4b74c6.jpgLEGO Jurassic video game display at the Sydney Brick Show 2015 by LB2467, on Flickr

16990046817_bd0f94db30.jpgLEGO Jurassic World sets by LB2467, on Flickr

From what I've seen and played so far this game is going to be awesome.

Did it feel on par with the other LEGO games? I know this isn't technically the right thread for it, but I am intrigued as the play dynamics are definitely going to be very different to any of the LEGO games we have had beforehand. :classic:

Yes, it certainly did feel on par. The cut scenes are really nice looking, the game play itself is really good and it does have the same amount of humour that you would expect in a LEGO game like when the lawyer gets eaten he tries to brush the t-rex's teeth with a toilet brush.

The characters themselves have some great new and unique abilities Alan can use his raptor claw to cut through tall grass and use his shovel to dig up bricks in the mud and Lex can scream really loud to break glass.

Yes, it certainly did feel on par. The cut scenes are really nice looking, the game play itself is really good and it does have the same amount of humour that you would expect in a LEGO game like when the lawyer gets eaten he tries to brush the t-rex's teeth with a toilet brush.

The characters themselves have some great new and unique abilities Alan can use his raptor claw to cut through tall grass and use his shovel to dig up bricks in the mud and Lex can scream really loud to break glass.

Awesome, thanks for taking the time to answer my question! :classic:

Alright, TRU had it up once again for a short time... Here's a look at 75916 Dilophosaurus Ambush!

17216154092_84d626693b_z.jpg

17030315610_a84a008330_z.jpg

17010411157_ee09b189af_z.jpg

17217274731_8b29a14249_z.jpg

17031676679_a12af9781c_z.jpg

17217275161_1d252412dd_z.jpg

16595400754_4639132caf_z.jpg

17030072558_0cf31ca0f6_z.jpg

17216151952_25d0450964_z.jpg

Now, I really dig this set. I think it's perfect for the price. You get two awesome vehicles- the gyrosphere is such a cool build that only comes in one other set (the $130 set), and the 4x4 has so many unique techniques that I adore it. I love how they did the canopy design, and the use of the blue crowbars to add a frame to the screen. The dinosaur itself is awesome- the exclusive head mould is very detailed and it's a hard plastic. Even the two minifigures stand out- the new tan face print for 2015 is very welcome in my collection and the kid's torso print is phenomenal. Pack all that into a $30 set, and you got a winner!

great review Just2good! That set is a must buy for me and may be the only JW set and will be able to afford this year.

Edited by ToaDraco

Alright, TRU had it up once again for a short time... Here's a look at 75916 Dilophosaurus Ambush!

Thanks for the review... I wasn't sure but I think I will actually get this set.

The minifigures faces are quite simple, though

Another great review Just2good!

This is for sure the set I'm looking forward to getting the most (at least first!)--and I hope it shows up on the shelves soon, as I keep getting heartbroken whenever I don't see any JW sets out!

Really this is a perfect set for me. And although I'm one of those people who think it could use one more minifigure, the jeep build more than makes up for it. It might have benefited from some small foliage too, but otherwise it's perfect. And I cannot wait to get my hands on those ACU torsos!

Seriously, I do have to say though that I think the line could have benefited overall if every set included one more minifigure. Even though there are dinosaur molds included, a large portion of them are not new ones and/or they're just recolored raptors, so I do feel like all the sets are missing at least one figure. But, regardless--they're all must buys for me.

Don't know if anybody realized, but the new trailer showed almost ALL of the sets and characters. Except for the T-Rex Tracker. I think LEGO did a really good job with this wave and I hope we get more from the other movies.

Don't know if anybody realized, but the new trailer showed almost ALL of the sets and characters. Except for the T-Rex Tracker. I think LEGO did a really good job with this wave and I hope we get more from the other movies.

:( wished they gave us the mosasaur

Edited by namioik

Nice review again Just2Good. I think, between your's and Brickset's review of it, I've made up my mind on which one I will purchase first, and it'll be this one. I love the Dilophosaurus, the gyrosphere, and while I thought I could just leave the builds in the box, the jeep actually looks cool and looks like a great build. The blue crowbars are a neat recolour and a great NPU.

Unless of course, a review of the Indominus Rex Breakout comes out before May and makes me change my mind again :laugh:

Seriously, I do have to say though that I think the line could have benefited overall if every set included one more minifigure. Even though there are dinosaur molds included, a large portion of them are not new ones and/or they're just recolored raptors, so I do feel like all the sets are missing at least one figure. But, regardless--they're all must buys for me.

I agree, I feel exactly the same way, especially given some of the absurd GBP prices :wacko:

Oh, and in case anybody in the UK is interested, most of the sets are up on Amazon.co.uk (confirming the prices) and are orderable (but not in stock yet). No, don't ask me why the Hulkbuster set is in the search results for "LEGO Jurassic World", I don't know either :wacko:

Personally, I'm hoping that LEGO will end up making it's own prehistory-based theme after the movie stuff dies down. Hopefully with real dinosaurs, not this lizard megablocks. I prefer feathery dinosaurs over scaly ones, hands pronated. And can you imagine how awesome an Azhdarchid mold would be?

Personally, I'm hoping that LEGO will end up making it's own prehistory-based theme after the movie stuff dies down. Hopefully with real dinosaurs, not this lizard megablocks. I prefer feathery dinosaurs over scaly ones, hands pronated. And can you imagine how awesome an Azhdarchid mold would be?

I can see LEGO doing a Prehistory theme in the future, but it will likely involve capture or conflict and probably feature vastly oversized Velociraptors without any feather printing, oh, and no herbivores :hmpf: Honestly, I've been wanting an accurately sized Velociraptor mould (around the size of the current LEGO dogs?) for a while, and ankylosaurids and perhaps even sauropods (though you'd need a mould even bigger than Smaug's to pull one of them off effectively) would be welcome and certainly recognisable to casual dinosaur fans.

But really, I'm happy we're getting dinosaurs right now, even if some of them look nothing like the dinosaurs they're supposed to represent. I can always tag a different dinosaur to the mould (like how I consider LEGO's raptors to be Megaraptors).

After seeing Brickset's review, I must say that the set looks great.... right up until you put a mini figure in the jeep. The jeep is a really sexy model, but it's wayyy oversized. They could've made it two thirds the size and made the set $25, which would have been great. It's still not a bad value as is, and it's good for parts, but it's still comically large.

But really, I'm happy we're getting dinosaurs right now, even if some of them look nothing like the dinosaurs they're supposed to represent. I can always tag a different dinosaur to the mould (like how I consider LEGO's raptors to be Megaraptors).

Megaraptor isn't even a raptor, though. It's a tyrannosaurid. The large claw turned out to be from its hand.

Dang nabbit Just2Good, you beat me there! :wink::laugh:

Joking aside - thank you for the fantastic review buddy, this is the one set I was really stoked for, and on watching your review, I have decided I am getting one at release, and will get one, maybe two more when they go on sale - I want a fleet of these bad boys! I think with a slight mod the area behind the driver where the crates are could hold a second minifig, constantly having the crates in their second position. :classic:

On a plus side, when I did have my trip to the LEGO Shop, the staff member I spoke to mentioned that we will be seeing Jurassic World expansion packs for Lego Dimensions. I take the plural loosely - it may only be one. This is exciting though as we still have potential opportunity for a Triceratops or other dinosaur, and may be able to get some more ACU to army build! :classic:

Megaraptor isn't even a raptor, though. It's a tyrannosaurid. The large claw turned out to be from its hand.

I honestly didn't know that :blush: . I knew I should have put Utahraptor instead of Megaraptor, I guess I was trying to think of dinosaurs more people might have actually heard of :wink:

(I do know Brontosaurus isn't a real dinosaur though)

On a plus side, when I did have my trip to the LEGO Shop, the staff member I spoke to mentioned that we will be seeing Jurassic World expansion packs for Lego Dimensions. I take the plural loosely - it may only be one. This is exciting though as we still have potential opportunity for a Triceratops or other dinosaur, and may be able to get some more ACU to army build! :classic:

Interesting indeed and not impossible at all - though you mention the Triceratops and somehow I think it's fairly unlikely that we'll get the moulded one in one of those expansion packs, due to the fact these packs are rather light on parts as is.

Though it'd be undeniably cool if we got a few different dinosaurs in the expansion packs - it would be the only reason for me to buy the pricey Dimensions packs if they did. It'd be funny if we ended up getting an actual Gallimimus mould in these packs though :tongue:

I honestly didn't know that :blush: . I knew I should have put Utahraptor instead of Megaraptor, I guess I was trying to think of dinosaurs more people might have actually heard of :wink:

Interesting indeed and not impossible at all - though you mention the Triceratops and somehow I think it's fairly unlikely that we'll get the moulded one in one of those expansion packs, due to the fact these packs are rather light on parts as is.

Though it'd be undeniably cool if we got a few different dinosaurs in the expansion packs - it would be the only reason for me to buy the pricey Dimensions packs if they did. It'd be funny if we ended up getting an actual Gallimimus mould in these packs though :tongue:

That would be cool. Fair point - I forgot how big the Triceratops is. :tongue: I'm upset that the JP sets are a definite no, but who knows - maybe we will see some updated JP figures in this packs? And for anyone wondering, LEGO count the original Studio sets as actual Jurassic Park sets, which is why we aren't seeing anymore of them at the moment!

That would be cool. Fair point - I forgot how big the Triceratops is. :tongue: I'm upset that the JP sets are a definite no, but who knows - maybe we will see some updated JP figures in this packs? And for anyone wondering, LEGO count the original Studio sets as actual Jurassic Park sets, which is why we aren't seeing anymore of them at the moment!

Are the JP sets a definite no?? I hadn't heard this.... Link? According to me it was all still just speculation. And due to the past 3 movies being in the game, This would be the best possible time for it.

Jeez now I'm sad... This could mean no goldblum fig.

Are the JP sets a definite no?? I hadn't heard this.... Link? According to me it was all still just speculation. And due to the past 3 movies being in the game, This would be the best possible time for it.

Jeez now I'm sad... This could mean no goldblum fig.

There's no link - this is what I was told by a LEGO Store employee. He said they have no intentions to make JP sets as the Studio sets cover it, and that there will only be one wave of Jurassic World sets. He said the only likely original JP set would be the ideas set getting approved.

Utahraptor in turn has its own problems. Its proportions are very strange if you're used to the more lithe and generally gracile Velociraptor, but it really makes sense for something that's more than thrice its size. Plus, it has teeth that stick out of its mouth (look up Masiakasaurus if you want to see a better documented case of this).

I think I'd better get back on-topic, though.

Brontosaurus is totally a real dinosaur. Your inner 7 year old can rejoice!

http://blogs.discove...k/#.VTbHuyFVhBc

-Tohst

Edited by Tohst

There's no link - this is what I was told by a LEGO Store employee. He said they have no intentions to make JP sets as the Studio sets cover it, and that there will only be one wave of Jurassic World sets. He said the only likely original JP set would be the ideas set getting approved.

oh, whew. Considering that it isn't confirmed then I'll take it with a grain of salt. Hopefully we do get a small wave of sets for the other movies. also given that some old sets don't really cover it. As well as how they already have fig and vehicle designs from the video game.