somelegothings_

Jurassic World 2015 Rumors & Discussion

I was lucky enough to get a hold of the Pteranodon Capture set early! For those interested, I did a video unboxing/building/review:

I really dig this set. I desperately need to find the other sets now, haha

I was lucky enough to get a hold of the Pteranodon Capture set early! For those interested, I did a video unboxing/building/review:

I really dig this set. I desperately need to find the other sets now, haha

Dude, that was a fantastic video - really high quality, well done. Where did you find it? :classic:

Great review Chris! I also got my hands on a JW set! It's the T. Rex Tracker set!

17093125105_5deac245e0_z.jpg

17067165576_b4cc744e0c_z.jpg

17093124785_3815802bac_z.jpg

17093125135_6ae557c7b1_z.jpg

16906920139_2d9da1ee63.jpg

16905348858_ea012d976e_z.jpg

16906921319_1e505f2e50_z.jpg

16905351358_ff8e6c50f5_z.jpg

16885731457_c07acfd213_z.jpg

17092430871_537930e1c0_z.jpg

Overall, this set is pretty good! I like the T. Rex the best, but the vehicle is a nice dino transporter. I wish there was a little more to the build of the set, though the vehicle does its job, and it's nice that the pen/holding area can be removed. Maybe some shrubery or something would have made the set feel more like a value to me, as the price doesn't totally satisfy me.

Nice to get more female faces. Too bad that Bruce Wayne shows up yet again.

The female face in the set is Sabine's.

Great review as always Justin - the printing on the minifigs is great. :) Gonna buy some different fleshie heads to make each of the Vets different since they have the same outfit. Going to my local LEGO store next week so going to talk to a member of staff and see if I can get a hold of Dilophosaurus Ambush early, and also going to ask about the longevity of the Jurassic World line and whether they believe it is likely to get a second wave. :classic:

I also got my hands on a JW set! It's the T. Rex Tracker set!

Thanks for the reviews guys.

just2good do you have the other dino t-rex as I wanted to see how different the colours were?

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

just2good do you have the other dino t-rex as I wanted to see how different the colours were?

Unfortunately, I do not.

May I ask one question, Just2good and ChrisLikesDinos: where did you guys get the sets so early? I know that it's probably pointless for me (since I'm in the UK and you are in the US) but still, I'm curious :classic:

Nice reviews by the way. Good to hear the T-Rex Tracker is a good set worth picking up. I'd provide comparison pics of the three T-Rexes (since I have both the Dino ones from 2012), but the problem is... I don't have the T-Rex Tracker yet :laugh: But as I've said before, the colourings of the dark orange T-Rex from 2012 and the T-Rex in the T-Rex Tracker set are actually quite different :classic:

May I ask one question, Just2good and ChrisLikesDinos: where did you guys get the sets so early? I know that it's probably pointless for me (since I'm in the UK and you are in the US) but still, I'm curious :classic:

I did eBay this time. Thanks for the nice feedback. :classic:

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

Unfortunately, I do not.

Thanks anyway I thought this might be the case as you did not show them together.

Nice reviews by the way. Good to hear the T-Rex Tracker is a good set worth picking up. I'd provide comparison pics of the three T-Rexes (since I have both the Dino ones from 2012), but the problem is... I don't have the T-Rex Tracker yet :laugh: But as I've said before, the colourings of the dark orange T-Rex from 2012 and the T-Rex in the T-Rex Tracker set are actually quite different :classic:

I have the other two t-rex for the dino line as well but as I will wait for a good sale it will be some time before I will see all 3 together and at first I thought the two would look very alike but as you say they are different so I hope the 3 will look good together.

Cant wait for more reviews, keep them coming.

I did eBay this time. Thanks for the nice feedback. :classic:

I bought mine from Toys R Us .com. Last week the sets were listed- for like 5 minutes. I assume that's where the eBay users received theirs as well.

Thanks for the answers. Sounds like you were both lucky to get them :classic:

One part of me hopes that UK LEGO retail stores do what they did with summer Star Wars sets last year and put them out almost 4 weeks early, but another part of me hopes they stick to the street date - because I'm still trying (and failing) to save up money for them! :laugh:

Thanks for the answers. Sounds like you were both lucky to get them :classic:

One part of me hopes that UK LEGO retail stores do what they did with summer Star Wars sets last year and put them out almost 4 weeks early, but another part of me hopes they stick to the street date - because I'm still trying (and failing) to save up money for them! :laugh:

Did this include LEGO Shops Veyronian? I really wanna try and get the Dilophosaurus Ambush at the one in Bluewater next week. See if I can show them that some people already have them, and ask what harm one more would do. :laugh:

Just2good, I'm curious: are there any new moulds and/or parts in never before seen colors in de T-Rex Tracker?

Just2good, I'm curious: are there any new moulds and/or parts in never before seen colors in de T-Rex Tracker?

A few... I didn't see the harpon before, but that supposedly comes in some UA sets. Two of the minifigures are exclusive, the dino is exclusive, and the frame on the motorcycle is exclusive in the blue.

Thanks, just2good. I just looked up that harpon part on bricklink and apparently, it appears in set 70169 Agent Stealth Patrol. I'm curious to see in what other sets this part might show up in.

I'm not really bothered by the minifigs and the T-Rex, but thanks all the same. :classic:

That motorcycle fairing is quite interesting, but my interests lie more into this part in white, as I don't have much of those yet.

Did this include LEGO Shops Veyronian? I really wanna try and get the Dilophosaurus Ambush at the one in Bluewater next week. See if I can show them that some people already have them, and ask what harm one more would do. :laugh:

Yes, I was talking about those LEGO shops, and just those shops. The brick and mortar stores in the UK have had a habit recently of releasing many sets at least a week prior to their street date, so JW might or might not be released early there. Let us know if you manage to find them, especially if they're found on the shelf :classic:

Yes, I was talking about those LEGO shops, and just those shops. The brick and mortar stores in the UK have had a habit recently of releasing many sets at least a week prior to their street date, so JW might or might not be released early there. Let us know if you manage to find them, especially if they're found on the shelf :classic:

Will do. :classic:

Thanks for the pics guys! I unfortunately will only be able to afford one set from this line and hopefully we get a good look at the Dilo set soon. That will likely be my only purchase for this theme. That or the Pteranadon set. Or the T-Rex chase. Gosh, it's hard to choose.

No luck getting them early. The store receives their shipment tomorrow but cannot put them out until the start of May. Ah well. Also, the employee said that JP sets were not going to happen, although the ideas set may to capitalize on the Jurassic World license. Awesome guy and really, really fun to chat to - did not mind me nerding out at all. He said he was a member here, so if you are reading this - thank you man, it is appreciated as always. :laugh: