somelegothings_

Jurassic World 2015 Rumors & Discussion

I guess they are different! Didn't look up a picture, but they seemed similar in memory--regardless I think a game version would have been better. Having recently rewatched the first Jurassic Park, and having watched the darkened T-Rex attack those kids in that hurricane storm...ah memories...is it too much to ask Lego to make that scene accurate with a brown T-Rex?! :wink:

I know! I knew they could take liberties with the colourings on the dinosaurs in the 2012 line (who knows, T-Rex may have been orange in real life), but when it's based on existing material where we already know the colour of the dino to be brown, there was really no excuse. Even a Medium Dark Flesh / Reddish Brown coloured one would have been better here (since Medium Dark Flesh is a relatively toned-down brownish colour which I think works well for the T-Rex's underside here, much more so than the Dark Orange of the 2012 counterpart).

But I suppose this could be the last time for a while that we get dinosaurs like this, so I'm not really complaining. I'm fortunate enough to have obtained all the 2012 dinosaurs just before their prices went silly, but I would never pass up a second opportunity (i.e. this one) to get some more to put on my desk :laugh:

I'm still wondering where that Coelophysis has got to though... I can't see why it couldn't potentially be included in a polybag to be honest. I can't see it appearing in Raptor Rampage, and there's no D2C around the corner for this theme. It can't be a "test run" either - why would they mould a Coelophysis in a new colour and why would it surface along with the other leaked Summer set moulds (the other JW dinos) if they had no intention of ever putting it in a set? Everything else from that leak has been proved to be coming in a set, except this little dinosaur. It's quite puzzling :wacko:

I really do hope for the Ideas/Cuusoo-set... Even if it's without the T-rex:

2ik9lck.png

dq1wjk.png

2mqoio1.png

Edited by Cammo

I really didn't expect the game to be JP when the sets are JW. Maybe we will see JP sets next with the brown t-rex we all want. They didn't have time to do JP sets before JW so maybe will we see more next year. They have all the molds already.

I'm really hoping for Jurassic Park sets after seeing that. They did focus on it more than the other three movies so it at least feels like Lego recognizes the want for it.

The design for the land cruiser looked like an actual design, especially in comparison to the jeep which uses crowbars as part of the windshield but not in a way they'd actually attach. Most of the minifigures looked as if they could be actually done in physical form too. Dr. Sattlers printed shoes seem to be the exception (Unless Lego has figured out how to do that). All the new dinosaurs seem to be realistically jointed too. And then there's the specifically differently colored T-rex. Really this probably doesn't point to anything though, the games have been getting better and better at making realistic looking Lego pieces. Who knows though, maybe there is something in the works.

Interestingly Dr. Grants hair looks to be Emmet's.

That tour vehicle looks too good, to be only for game.I still think, that there will be at least one jurassic park set.

Edited by Ondra

I hope this theme will not be discontinued in 2016. Because this theme is very interesting since I watched the first three Jurassic Park films when I was younger age.

It's weird seeing the trailer as it does not show anything from Jurassic World, the sets we are actually going to get.

I thought that this wave was going to be more like the Pirates of the Carribean, with a focus on the fourth movie but still some sets from the other three.

It is interesting that the game is called Jurassic World when three out of four movies in the game are under the Jurassic Park banner. Makes me wonder if merchandising from now on whether from the old or new movies will just be under the Jurassic World banner. Perhaps we could get JP sets in this theme after all despite the theme being named after the most recent movie.

I thought that this wave was going to be more like the Pirates of the Carribean, with a focus on the fourth movie but still some sets from the other three.

But there's no sets was made from the third Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

Edited by legofanatic12

I'm really hoping for Jurassic Park sets after seeing that. They did focus on it more than the other three movies so it at least feels like Lego recognizes the want for it.

The design for the land cruiser looked like an actual design, especially in comparison to the jeep which uses crowbars as part of the windshield but not in a way they'd actually attach. Most of the minifigures looked as if they could be actually done in physical form too. Dr. Sattlers printed shoes seem to be the exception (Unless Lego has figured out how to do that). All the new dinosaurs seem to be realistically jointed too. And then there's the specifically differently colored T-rex. Really this probably doesn't point to anything though, the games have been getting better and better at making realistic looking Lego pieces. Who knows though, maybe there is something in the works.

Interestingly Dr. Grants hair looks to be Emmet's.

I actually experimented and I believe the crowbars can be attached like that - they just are purely aesthetic as opposed to any purpose, as you can see the Windscreen piece is where the connection is made. :classic:

I actually experimented and I believe the crowbars can be attached like that - they just are purely aesthetic as opposed to any purpose, as you can see the Windscreen piece is where the connection is made. :classic:

This is true. Crowbars can be attached securely to pole objects like lightsaber bars. There are actually two blue crowbars (new in that color I think) being used in a similar fashion on the jeep from the Dilophosaurus set.

This is true. Crowbars can be attached securely to pole objects like lightsaber bars. There are actually two blue crowbars (new in that color I think) being used in a similar fashion on the jeep from the Dilophosaurus set.

Wowza, I didn't notice them until I re-looked! Great spot Captain Nemo. :D I kinda feel as though this may be hinting at JP Sets - although, are the builds in all TT Games usually built considering the idea that they actually could be built? And is the Spinosaurus new, or the same old mould? Those Galimimus are definitely new!

Does anyone else worry about some of the sets colour scheme?

The bright blue of the buildings and vehicles really puts me off, especially as we haven't seen much of that in the trailer and pictures (apart from some of the vehicles)

As it is, I'll probably get the I-Rex and Dilophosaurus set, as I don't think you get much in the T-Rex set, the Raptor Rampage is overpriced and the pterosaur is not enough to encourage me to buy it.

I'd also like.a second wave, merely so I could have a Spinosaurus to fight the Indominous.

The new colour scheme is actually close to one described in the original Jurassic Park book, where the hats had blue logos and the tour vehicles were white. In the first film, the colour scheme was changed what might be called a 'mock safari' look, especially on the tour vehicles. They used camouflage tones, but in gloss paint (making the camouflage ineffective). It was part of the look of naive amusement park, Safari like on the surface but unprepared for the real dangers. The only book accurate vehicles in the first movie were the gas jeeps, which had a red stripe to prevent the Triceratops from charging them. Following the disastrous events of the first movie, it seems the builders of Jurassic World have gone for more subdued, purely practical look which may inspire more confidence. Also, some of the tour vehicles now have drivers, though I won't be surprised if the drivers die first!

As for your last point, I think JP3's Spinosaurus was a mistake all along. The Indominus Rex should face the T Rex, and this time it would be a good adversary.

I probably won't be buying the game, as it would involve investing in a whole new system and don't usually play adventure games. It looks very good, though, and I hope we will be seeing some of the items in actual sets. At least the game has a herbivore! I am amused by the debate over the colour of the dinosaurs. It can be said that the ones in the game are more natural looking or movie accurate, but they are probably just as inaccurate as the worst toys, as we do not know anything about real dinosaur colours. For the same reason, I am always amused by debates surrounding 'up to date' dinosaurs, as the real dinosaurs lived before our recorded history! Personally, I have always believed they looked entirely unlike any of our depictions, new or old!

My Lego stego arrived about two weeks ago, replete in extinct shades of brown and gray! Here it is depriving Sarah Harding of her Brickon.

legostego01.jpg

You know, part of me is really hoping that some of the other things seen in the game do make it into sets - it'd be great to get some new dinosaurs. I don't really like the Studios spinosaur as it does look incredibly outdated in my opinion (moreso than the other dinosaur they haven't remade yet, the Stegosaurus), and really I'm not satisfied enough to just stick a sail piece onto a T-Rex (there is so many things wrong with that, trust me, it wouldn't even be in the slightest bit accurate anyway).

I am amused by the debate over the colour of the dinosaurs. It can be said that the ones in the game are more natural looking or movie accurate, but they are probably just as inaccurate as the worst toys, as we do not know anything about real dinosaur colours.

Most of what you say is very true. Logic says the dinosaurs were colours like brown, green etc. I can say that, as somebody who studied vertebrate palaeontology at university, which included the study of dinosaurs and their descendants, there's no evidence to prove the colour of non-feathered dinosaurs, so who knows, T-Rex might have been bright pink :tongue: Feathered dinosaurs (such as some of the raptors/dromaeosaurs for example) are a slightly different matter in regards to dinosaur colours, we can actually determine the pigmentations in those if the feathers are well-preserved, so we can make a reasonable assumption of their colours.

Sorry, I just had to add that :grin: I suppose as long as the dinosaurs we're getting are reasonably accurate to the upcoming movie in colour (the movie may or may not be accurate to real-life dinosaur colours, we don't know), then I'm happy.

I really didn't expect the game to be JP when the sets are JW. Maybe we will see JP sets next with the brown t-rex we all want. They didn't have time to do JP sets before JW so maybe will we see more next year. They have all the molds already.

They're doing all four movies.

although, are the builds in all TT Games usually built considering the idea that they actually could be built?

This must be true because I was able to reverse engineer the Jeep from the trailer in LDD.

LEGO Jurassic Park Jeep

This must be true because I was able to reverse engineer the Jeep from the trailer in LDD.

https://flic.kr/p/qLJX8P

So it would be easy for LEGO to remake them as actual film-based sets! I know this isn't speculation but just imagine that iconic scene from JP1:

Dr Grant, Dr Satler, the Park Vet and the Injured Triceratops, alongside the JP Jeep which was in the background of the scene. Add in a small piece of land for the Triceratops and give the Vet some equipment and boom, small £25 set!

Have you managed to make the Explorer too? :classic:

Not yet, i'll have to analyse the trailer again to see if it does show the explorer from different angels other than the front, then hopefully i'll be able to build it.

It's nice to know the jeep is actually buildable, I just hope the tour cars are too (The little we've seen look practical).

It would really be nice to get some Jurassic Park sets. I'm hoping maybe in the winter wave they do sets for it. I would really like to get some of those minfigures from the trailer and of course the Gallimimus. I mean Indiana Jones managed to get a few waves covering multiple movies, so I think JP deserves it too.

Edited by strangely

The inclusion of Jurassic Park rises my hopes about the LEGO Ideas set :classic:

The inclusion of Jurassic Park probably means that the Ideas set will fail. I do hope that the inclusion of JP means that LEGO will make their own set based on that scene! :classic:

The inclusion of Jurassic Park probably means that the Ideas set will fail. I do hope that the inclusion of JP means that LEGO will make their own set based on that scene! :classic:

If there is a wave of JP sets coming, it'll fail for sure, otherwise I think it has chances

This LEGO Ideas set would hit the shelves near to the end of the year. And the JW theme will premiere on may. I think they'd be far enough.