somelegothings_

Jurassic World 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Well all Jurassic Park fans, Chris Pratt aka Emmet and Starlord will be getting his third LEGO minifigure. (Is this a record or something!?) On the BrickFan website there was an article ( http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-jurassic-world-sets-confirmed-by-chris-pratt/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LegoEverlasting-LegoReviewsNews+%28The+Brick+Fan+-+LEGO+Reviews+%26+News%29 ) Chris Pratt announced that his character "Owen" will be getting the LEGO treatment!

Honestly, Chris must have mixed it up because Kre-O has already been confirmed to have the license for this.

He might be confused, but then again something might have changed. After all Kre-O figures look pretty different, after spending years involved with the Lego company I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't know the difference.

And the movie has been pushed back a number of times. Perhaps the contract with Kre-O was only good for sets produced in 2014, the year the movie was originally slated to come out. Contracts expire after all. Or perhaps after Chris Pratt's success in the Lego world the studio simply decided to change the direction the merchandising was heading.

I guess Lego might have done something to get the rights too. It would look bad for Chris Pratt, the star of the Lego movie and it's sequel as well as the leading character in a popular line of sets, to be used in a competitors product. I wouldn't be surprised if Lego did something to get control of the rights, it wouldn't be the first time they got control of a franchise another brand already had.

For the time being I'll remain optimistic. It's certainly possible at this point. I'm sure it will be clarified soon enough.

Edited by strangely

He better know the difference between Lego and Kre-O considering he played the LEAD in the LEGO movie! I can't possibly see how he mixed them up. It had to have changed or something.

How timely, I was just looking at the prices of the Lego Dino 2012 dinosaurs on Bricklink a few days ago and was kicking myself for not picking a couple up when the line was actually running. (now the large T-Rex alone goes for just about as much as the whole set that it came in did)

Hopefully this line of sets will give me another chance to get my hands on some minifig eating dinosaurs. :devil:

Someone can just ask him on twitter.

Also, i would not consider Emmet a lego version of Him at all, thats just someone he voices.

Edited by deskp

Someone can just ask him on twitter.

Also, i would not consider Emmet a lego version of Him at all, thats just someone he voices.

Just asked Pratt on Twitter.

How timely, I was just looking at the prices of the Lego Dino 2012 dinosaurs on Bricklink a few days ago and was kicking myself for not picking a couple up when the line was actually running. (now the large T-Rex alone goes for just about as much as the whole set that it came in did)

Hopefully this line of sets will give me another chance to get my hands on some minifig eating dinosaurs. :devil:

Hah! I was just doing the same thing! Although I was more upset about missing out on the Dino hunter figures than the large Dinos themselves--I always like the Adventurers Dinos more.

I'd be happy if it turns out Lego has the license; from all the art designs and concepts, it seems like it'll be a great movie, and one that would translate well into brick form (unlike the underwhelming J-3 wave they did years back). I just hope we'd get those iconic Jurassic Park doors!

We can try and be hopeful.......the folks at Universal in charge of licensing the new JP film are the same ones who green lighted the BTTF Cussoo set.

I'm really crossing my fingers for this one -- it's my #1 most-wanted license. Hopefully if Lego does end up producing sets, they pull an Indiana Jones and make some sets from the previous trilogy of films as well.

Until we get confirmation of anything from a source other than an actor tweeting, this doesn't get it's own thread. Consider this locked until I can get a mod not on mobile actually lock it.

Only saw actual sets for DC and SW, but Age of Ultron had 5 sets, and there will be some Jurrasic World sets, as well as three more Lego movie sets.

Based on the bolded part of this quote, I think that constitutes a second (and Hulk_Smash has proven to be reliable) source for such news and warrants the reopening of this thread.

Yay for dinosaurs!

Based on the bolded part of this quote, I think that constitutes a second (and Hulk_Smash has proven to be reliable) source for such news and warrants the reopening of this thread.

Yay for dinosaurs!

Yes they are making Jurassic World Sets. Wow, some people thought we were not going to be getting Jurassic world sets.

Hopefully they'll go the route they've gone with Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Toy Story, Pirates of the Caribbean and Middle-Earth by releasing a couple of sets from the first movies followed by sets based on the new installment :thumbup: Can't wait to see pictures :wub:

Hopefully they'll go the route they've gone with Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Toy Story, Pirates of the Caribbean and Middle-Earth by releasing a couple of sets from the first movies followed by sets based on the new installment :thumbup: Can't wait to see pictures :wub:

What in particular would you linke to see from the previous movies?

What in particular would you linke to see from the previous movies?

Mainly the characters (none of which are confirmed to reappear in the JW except for BD Wong alias Dr. Henry Wu from the first installment), some of the settings (e.g. the jeeps and the kitchen scene from the fist one, the city scene in the second film or the Pterodactyl scene from the third one) and some of the dinosaurs that probably won't return (like the Spinosaurus) :wink:

Really happy to hear this is happening. I too hope we get some sets from the original trilogy. The main ones I'd like to see:

- The jeeps and "Jurassic Park" gate from the first movie.

- T-Rex knocking the trailer over the cliff scene from The Lost World

- Remake of the Spinosaurus set with the plane trapped in the tree from JP3

- The Pterodactyl cage from JP3