Sign in to follow this  
keeganp1234

Introduction to Me and my Town

Hello all,

I am a longtime stalker of the Town, Train and LDD forums. I have decided to come back and join, as I was a member a long time ago.

Anyways, my town currently consists of a few sets, like 4434 (Lego Tipper Truck), 7239 (2012-13 Fire Truck), 7633 (City Construction Site), 3180 (City Octan Truck). Those are my City sets, off the top of my head. I dont have very many because money is kinda of hard to come by for a 15-year old teenager like me :laugh: .

However, I am at a dilemma. I have recently acquired a few hundred dollars, and am putting a benjamin (100$) towards Lego sets and improving my city.

My problem is this: I can either buy 60026 (City Square) for 74.00$ FLAT, or 7938 (Passenger Train) for 82.00$.

Which one would make my City more pretty? The City Square is good for me, because it includes many buildings and town features. However, it includes a crane, and since I already have one, I would sell this one.

The Passenger Train is also good, because it provides a transportation system, plus it has PF.

What would you get?

I know its not CITY but you could buy the Bike Shop and Café from Creator. From that list I would buy the square as the city will work better if you work from the outside n and you can use that as a base for other sets you might buy.

*Work from the inside out.

I know its not CITY but you could buy the Bike Shop and Café from Creator. From that list I would buy the square as the city will work better if you work from the outside n and you can use that as a base for other sets you might buy.

*Work from the inside out.

Thats not a bad idea either. However, between the City Square and the Cafe and Bike Shop, I prefer the City Square because I could get the Square for 17$ less, and it has 6 more minifigs. I also am planing to sell the crane if I get the City Square because my small city does not require two cranes. I appreciate your idea though.

I, personally, would get City Square.

It's cheaper, has a ton of minifigs, buildings and vehicles.

It's basically the "battle pack" of LEGO City!

Plus, here's an interesting idea-you could keep the crane, and make a construction site where the workers "assemble" sets that you're building:

You could buy a set, and empty the parts in the building site. Every time you get a new set you would then switch the older set (already on display) with the newer set (in pieces)

Then you assemble the older set. That way, if you have visitors, every time they visit there would be something new :classic: !

Have fun building!

I'd go with the City Square set.

I, personally, would get City Square.

It's cheaper, has a ton of minifigs, buildings and vehicles.

It's basically the "battle pack" of LEGO City!

Plus, here's an interesting idea-you could keep the crane, and make a construction site where the workers "assemble" sets that you're building:

You could buy a set, and empty the parts in the building site. Every time you get a new set you would then switch the older set (already on display) with the newer set (in pieces)

Then you assemble the older set. That way, if you have visitors, every time they visit there would be something new :classic: !

Have fun building!

Yeah, but I think I will sell the crane because it is currently going for 30-40$ on eBay, and if i sell it for that, I could get the Town Square for 43$, which is a STEAL!! Thanks for your thoughts. by the way.

Edited by keeganp1234

Where are you getting the city square set for so cheap?

I have a friend who is not into Legos anymore and is selling his sets. He wants to buy the iPhone 5s. Anyways, thats where.

That's a pretty good deal.

It really is.

Welcome back to Eurobricks :D

If my maths is right, once you sell the crane you should be able to buy both sets for about $125, which is only $25 over your budget but you get both sets :D That's what I'd do!! The passenger is indeed a really cool set and no city is complete without a train running around it...

If I had to choose just one, I would go with the passenger train. The town square is too repetitive for my liking (pizza and bike shop again).

Good luck in your decision and happy building :laugh:

My advice is also town square set as well, you can always have a fleet of cranes for building your city bigger ?

My advice is also town square set as well, you can always have a fleet of cranes for building your city bigger ?

Yea thats true, but since money is a big factor, I think I will sell the crane for 40$, and then in turn buy the Town Square for 30$, after everything. Thanks for your thoughts.

Welcome back to Eurobricks :D

If my maths is right, once you sell the crane you should be able to buy both sets for about $125, which is only $25 over your budget but you get both sets :D That's what I'd do!! The passenger is indeed a really cool set and no city is complete without a train running around it...

If I had to choose just one, I would go with the passenger train. The town square is too repetitive for my liking (pizza and bike shop again).

Good luck in your decision and happy building :laugh:

Yeah both sets is not a bad idea at all...I could use the bus from the City Square to get to the train station! I might do that! Thanks for your thoughts as well.