vc59755

[WIP] Millennium Falcon landing gear

This is really good looking! I admit, I'd never be able to pump anything this good out in LDD this fast, but how are you going to support the structure? I'd personally use some dale bricks, wedges, and hinges and try to build a stable, solid arch throughout the round sections. That'd compromise you the playability and interior you want, and get a semi decent framework which should support the weight properly.

Near as I can remember, all questions concerning real-world strength / structural integrity have been ignored... At this point, I just assume it's an LDD-only project.

I stand corrected. He talked about a metal structure on page 2.

Edited by rollermonkey

Problem is, with his interior as he has done it, and the exterior, even the cockpit area will struggle to hold itself up. There is a lot of plates and height on that, with very little room for support. I'd like to be proven wrong though :wink:

Even as a concept it's pretty impressive. I'm not that bothered if it doesn't actually hold up, I'd still like to see the scale of this thing given it's current build.

I'm hoping he left enough room to brace it with some technic and classic technic beams throughout thee hull. The part that seems most likely to collapse are the tubular sections to the docking rings and cockpit, and likely the entire cockpit. It'll be interesting to see this fold out. I personally would've started on the saucer and not jump around to different components. I can't wait for the next update and whether the Minifigure scale Millennium Falcon I'm working on will hold up to his.

I just stumbled across this topic and I was very impressed with the progress so far, but it's been over a year since the topic creator has posted in it, and the creator hasn't been online since October 2014. Should this be locked?

Long time no see! Looks great vc!

Two questions, are you done with the design?

Have you designing a sturdy skeleton?

Can't wait to see more pictures!

so my bad i forget how put pic in

so for now you will have to go to

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22677352@N05/

I just stumbled across this topic and I was very impressed with the progress so far, but it's been over a year since the topic creator has posted in it, and the creator hasn't been online since October 2014. Should this be locked?

yes i know its been a bit

Stumbled across this a while ago on Flickr, so glad I rediscovered it! it looks to be a very ambitious project, really looking forward to seeing it progress. :)

Some amazing detail in this and props for making the landing gear from 2000 pieces!!

But surely this needs a structure first before designing all this or its just going to collapse?

so im up to about 9500 lbs. of legos and still no where near all the pieces need but man i should open a lego store had to build a 3500 sqft building just to hold them all

and sorry im not on much had heart failure with preserved function is i get better in will be on more

Edited by vc59755